Dr. Paravasthu Ramanujam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 7th, 2016
He is the best doctor I have ever seen. His bedside manner is wonderful, and he relaxes you and makes you feel special, not just another patient. You will not find a better doctor or person anywhere!!!

July 1st, 2016
Six years back, I had colon cancer. The shock of hearing that was depressing. After being admitted to hospital for 2 days, I was recommended many doctors, but just did not trust anyone of them ( they wouldn't even explain anything properly, how would I trust them). Luckily for me, Dr. Ramakrishna, an orthopedic doctor in Mesa, recommended me to see Dr. Paravasthu Ramanujam. When I consulted Dr. Ramanujam, I instantly knew he was the right Doctor. He had clarity, was friendly, had deep knowledge, and explained the process well to me, my wife, and daughter. My colon cancer was in stage llb. The growth was big. Dr. Ramanujam performed perfect surgery and saved my life. No exaggeration. He really performed a miracle. It was a perfect surgery and I recovered fully in 8-10 days and was actually back in office. The 6 month chemo was difficult, painful, but I came through that as well triumphant. Dr. Ramanujam also conducted two follow up colonoscopies. Again did a great job. After 6 years now, I can say I am a survivor and the biggest contributing factor after my faith is Dr. Ramanujam. I am ever grateful to this pure soul and very best colon cancer surgeon.

May 19th, 2015
I highly recommend!

January 20th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon with great bedside manner
Dr Ramanujam was referred to me by an RN who worked in the GI department of a local hospital. YOU CAN GET NO BETTER RECOMMENDATION THAN FROM A NURSE. I also am a retired nurse and am very picky about who my physician is. I found Dr R to be extremely compassionate yet also educated me in my disease (in fact has written medical journals on GI disorders). Other Colorectal MD's (with high profile educations from prestigious institutions) had suggested radiation and chemo which after I researched my diagnosis and had a second opinion at MD Anderson I found I did NOT NEED radiation or chemo. (Do you know the side effects of having irradiated rectums?). Dr R. also agreed with MD Anderson's diagnosis independently. I trust his judgement totally and he treats you with respect I don't think you could be in better hands. When I got a clean cancer diagnosis after outpatient surgery and a six month followup under Dr R. I burst into tears in his office and he took the time to reassure me about my diagnosis and prognosis. You don't find many surgeons with a heart.

March 15th, 2012
Dr. Ramanujam performed my colon resection after I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I did quite a bit of research beforehand and specifically chose him to do the surgery. He lived up to all my expectations and more. He has very knowledgeable and an incredible surgeon. He also has done the four follow-on colonoscopies.

March 29th, 2011
Patient
I have had three colon surgerys with Dr Ramanujam he is the best colon/rectal Dr I have seen I would recommend him to anyone with colon/rectal problems

October 30th, 2008
Excellent
he gives good advice, does not advise more surgery than is needed. Previous doctor I had years ago could have saved me some grief, wish I had seen Dr. Ramanujam first, then maybe I would not have had to come back years later for more surgery.