Dr. Pardeep Sood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

no change

July 18th, 2016
In need of help
I'm a former patient who had to stop seeing the doctor when both my parents died in the space of 3 months. I was their live-in caregiver and received a small weekly stipend to keep them in their own home where they could be treated with love and dignity - as they made it very clear that they did not want to die alone in separate nursing homes. After they passed, I was left with no weekly income and in need of finding a new home, as their estate and assets were going through probate. I had to stop seeing the doctor due to having no money and no insurance accepted by this practice. Flash forward to the present, where I NOW have insurance, still have the cluster of very legitimate and extremely painful orthopedic and neurological injuries and conditions that have indeed ...worsened with time and age - and need a reprieve from the stress of the unrelenting pain and sleepless nights I am suffering with. I consented to having a very, very, painful and mildly invasive procedure be performed in the office (with no pain medication) and have not been shown the courtesy of communication with even ONE staff member (let alone a medical professional) returning my phone call, after leaving 2 messages about problems I was experiencing the day after this procedure. I had a very reasonable, moderate, and responsible relationship with this doctor regarding pain medications, during the 2 plus years when I paid cash to see him. I am very disappointed by this lack of concern, communication, and response to what I feel is a "crisis of pain" - that I simply need a brief (3 - 4 months) reprieve from, in order to restore my strength and resolve to "deal with" the pain. Though my pain IS chronic, it is going through a period of acuteness after an accident I had a month ago and while I was willing to have the procedure, that ALONE...is not helping me. I am a fan of clear and frank communication between DOCTOR and patient and want to "have the conversation" - instead of dealing with a bunch of smoke and mirrors and being blocked by "protective" staff members from speaking with the doctor.

March 27th, 2016
If you c this doctor u will depend on more opiates & heavy duty drugs but doesn't get to core of problem. Too much risk of getting addictive after treating with him just wants ur $$

December 19th, 2014
Satisfactory care
I had both prompt appointments and long waits as well. I found the longer waiting times were often near holidays when the office would be closed. So I expected a wait. I found Dr. Sood to be knowledgeable, thorough, and pleasant. The office was clean and the staff congenial: more so than some of the patients. I still see Dr. Sood and am happy with his care at this time.

January 16th, 2014
Stay away
I have had the unfortunate experience of seeing this "dr" for several years because it is hard to find a pain doctor without being perceived as doctor shopping. So I stay. I have had every unfortunate experience possible with him, up to and including several unnecessary, painful and useless "surgical" procedures to "help"my neck. That's how he makes his money. He told me in no uncertain terms that he would take away my pain meds unless I had these procedures. He is cold, uncaring, and extremely inpatient. My appointments take all of 10 minutes and I now know never to schedule ANYTHING on the day of my appointment because it can take fifteen minutes or four hours depending on the amount of people he has crammed in that day. The staff don't bother to do anything more than take your money and write your scripts. I haven't had my vital signs taken in over 2 years. He is at best, a professional money maker. At worse, well, he's a jerk. He doesn't care about your underlying cause of the pain, unless he can get you in that procedure room to "fix" it. I am always astounded by the way he is able to continue to practice. He preys on vulnerable people who have very little options and uses them. I only hope that one day soon that he decides to retire, but I'm not holding my breath. Go anywhere but to this smarmy scumbag. I honestly don't know how he is allowed to practice. Although I am not a medical professional, I am a chronic pain sufferer and can tell the "real" patients versus those who clearly have no need for the drugs he prescribes. And one last thing, he does not deal with emergencies. Your on your own if you are in a pain crisis. I have been admitted to Bridgeport Hospital twice for pain and he will not see me in the hospital, even when my treating doctors and my wife have tried to contact him. It's a shame that he cares more about making money then he does about actually easing the pain of those of us who truly suffer.

August 29th, 2013
Way to many people. wait for 3-4 hours stay away, uses own meds
Has no clue on what he is doing can cause death from his lack of knowledge and incompetence.

March 25th, 2013
He is very competant, cabable and concerned about his patients. Always very pleasant and willing to go out of way to help.

September 21st, 2011
Satisified
Lone wait times. Dr Sood is good and smart.

June 4th, 2011
Mediocre at best
The doctor has very little compassion. He does not really care if your in pain or not. He cares about the money first, and the patient second. But he does know what he's doing when it comes to practicing medicine. I find him a competent doctor. Overall, if you ever need advice on how to con someone, give sood a call.

February 16th, 2011
Long waits but a decent Dr.
I Have been seeing him for a few years now.Yes, the waits are a lil long but I find the staff and the Dr to be well educated and very kind and caring. If you can wait a bit I reccommmend him.

July 4th, 2010
You are pathetic example of a doctor. Go back to India.
Fifteen SECONDS of evaluation in the hospital,three days after a cervical fusion of C5-C6-C7 he told me that I'm not in any pain and wants to discontinue my pain and seizure medications. My wife had been sleeping on a cot by my bedside since the surgery because of the extreme pain and seizures I was experiencing. She is a registered nurse. She and the other nurses were also shocked by his response. I was not even capable of speaking more than a raspy whisper. My wife verbalized my condition to this incompetent butcher, who then said, "well if that's what you want go ahead, it doesn't matter". I'm a laboratory director with a masters degree in organic chemistry. I had the BEST surgical team available. They were excellent. This person (he doesn't qualify as a doctor in my evaluation)should not even be working with people. In fact, I wouldn't trust this incompetent, unprepared, poorly educated, money focused leech with my pets let alone any human being.There are plenty of competent pain management doctors available. However, when you can't speak, eat, urinate, or even move from the bed this uncaring money sucking medical reject from India will be lurking. To submit his bill. I'm fortunate that my wife and the rest of the medical staff present gasped when they heard his opinion. At that point he left because he realized there were too many people in my room that recognized his diagnosis and recommendation as absolutely incorrect, boarding on inhumane and torturous. Stay away from this incompetent butcher. I've had five major surgeries in the the past six months, so I know what to expect. What I did not expect was someone this inferior working with any sort of life. I wouldn't recommend this incompetent, uncaring, unprepared, uneducated butcher to work with people, pets, or any other life that was put on this earth. By the way "Dar Bhanga" where this reject was "educated" means "gates closed". Stay away from him, insist on another doctor. The life you sae may be your own.

February 22nd, 2010
Dr.Sood and his staff are very nice and the only problem I have is the wait time to see him. Sometimes I am in the waiting room over an hour sometimes I called sooner. The office itself is very neat and clean.

August 25th, 2009
terrible office
I waited 3 hours for my appointment. Only given drugs for pain. Waiting room is a mess and smells like alcohol. Not recommended.