Would not go anywhere else show details Would not go anywhere else
by JMC on Jan 26th, 2016

I was scheduled for a core needle biopsy. I had a streotactic 2 years ago that was not pleasant at a different clinic and told Dr Lotfi I had a bit of anxiety. This experience was totally different. She listened. She assured me this was a very different type of biopsy but there is always risk of some discomfort as I knew. She was not overly chatty but answered my questions with knowledge and confidence. As did the untrasound/mammo tech. The biopsy was swift and painless. Titanium chip was right where it should be on post biopsy mammogram and it was way back on my chest wall. No need for retakes or repositioning. I expected the worst and it was fine. I don't know why I ever doubted. I had a surgical biopsy with same team 2 years ago and it was as pleasant as pleasant could be. I will never go anywhere else than the Sagoff Breast Center, Dr Duggan and her entire team. Its a long way for me to travel but worth it. The entire team-from receptionists to pathologists to the surgeon work together like a well oil machine. I can't say enough about this group!

no bedside manner show details no bedside manner
Oct 7th, 2015

She was efficient but didn't really seem to realize what she was telling me was HUGE! I thought I was going in for a mammogram that needed to be done again. Instead I went directly to an ultra-sound imaging. The ultra-sound was VERY painful during which she didn't say anything to me. Just as suddenly she says I have to have needle biopsies done. She does one then two then says she needs more then another one. I was just in total shock. It was really a horrible experience for me. I'm not sure she realizes women are in shock and filled with fear during these procedures. Some form of comfort, reassurance, or empathy would have helped. I felt completely alone, like I was just a scientific specimen.