Physiatrists
Southgate
14585 Northline Rd
Southgate, MI 48195
734-284-0865
Locations and availability (22)

2.5

|  Happy with Dr Mukhi  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2013

I completely disagree with the previous reviews for Dr Mukhi and his office staff. I am a long time patient of Dr Mukhi and I only have accolades for Dr Mukhi. He is very caring, considerate and an excellent doctor. I have seen several pmr physicians and I have not found a doctor with a better bedside manner. Dr Mukhi always has time for his patients. I would always recommend Dr Mukhi. I have also always have an excellent experience with his office staff. They also are very caring and match with the doctor nicely. Overall my office experiences have been pleasurable.

|  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

Follow up from this doctor was horrible. When talked to in the office he sounded promising but then to follow up and get the things that he promised was an absolute nightmare. I would have to call the office multiple times a day to try and get the things that I needed such as a script for physical therapy and to get any kind of medication to help with my pain and discomfort. I would not recommend this doctor, he is all talk and never follows through with anything and the office does not communicate at all!!

|  Other view 100% true  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2011

As a former staffer of Dr.Mukhi I can tell you that the other review of Dr. Mukhi is 100% true. I thought they would like to know why they could not get their records. I also have filed complaints with the appropriate agencies.The worse thing of all are the lies we had to tell daily to insurance companies, case workers, patients, lawyers, referring doctors and anyone else calling about medical records. We could not give them any records because the doctor had not done any of the notes. The charts were not even in the office but in the back of Dr. Mukhis or Anjus car or at their home. We could never find any of the charts because they would remove them from the office. We joked they must just like taking the charts for car rides, because when charts did come back, they were seldom done. People would call daily wanting to speak to the office manager about medical records and she would just not return their calls and if they caught her in the office, she would blame the staff on not giving her the messages. Cannot do anything Dr and his wife do not seem to care about his own practice. Yet we would get blamed for not reminding him to do his notes. With patients charts being removed from the office and in the back of cars for weeks at a time, such a disregard for the patients information had to be reported. Dr. Mukhi and the office manager, Anju treat the staff like we were are little kids, talking down to us and speaking to us like we were stupid. The office is unorganized. Dr. shows up sometimes up to 2-3 hours late with a waiting room filled with patients, telling use to tell them he had an emergency, this is a joke with the patients. He has lost so many patients, patients who come once and say never again.Patients have even walked out. The office manager, Anju, is in name only the office manager. She does not do anything when she is actually there, could not remember to order supplies, office and medical. Could not remember to pay bills. Vendors calling about no payments, vendors showing up to remove items due to lack of payment (water cooler). Constantly leaving to run errands and then not coming back or coming back without any needed supplies. Not helping when we were short staff. Entertaining family and friends in her office. Then when there is a not supply and the doctor would throw his tantrum, she would always blame staff and tell him we did not let her know we were low. She not only was told but request are put several times in writing. She is the laziest, most unorganized office manager I have ever had the displeasure of working with. It is a stressful place to work. I hear it has gotten worse, not better. The office needs a real working office manager and let Anju stay home to play Dr.s wife.I heard he went with Wayne State and University Physician Group. It had to be because his own practice was dying. Find another doctor,one who cares about patients and treats his staff better. You will save yourself from long wait times and big headaches.

|  Stay away from this dr and WSU/UPG  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

There are many problems with this doctor, some very serious. Serious enough those complaints have been reported to Medicare, Hipaa and the State of Michigan on behalf of me and my m-n-l. First there are the long wait times sometimes more than 2, 2 hours. Then appointments are consistently reschedule, both always with the same excuses, he had an emergency A rehab emergency? Then after waiting on him for more than 2 hours, he tries to rush you out of the office.The office seems much disorganized, charts everywhere. The doctor and the office manager, his wife, speak to the staff in belittling and condenseding tones. We have witnessed the stuff trying to talk To the dr and he acts like they are not there, even seen him throw paperwork and charts at them. The office stuff seem very nice and try to help you as much as they can but you can tell are stressed and walking on eggshells. The physical therapist assistance/aide is a very nice, very high strung, talkative women who will admit is not even trained or certified to be working with people in this setting! How safe is this? Trying to get medical records is nearly impossible. The carrier for my Work Comp case advised me to find another doctor, they explained that their past dealing in trying to get needed information from This dr was nearly impossible and that they advise any patient seeking treatment from him, to go somewhere else. Even my primary care doctor said he was done referring people to him. I know I had left numerous messages to obtain paperwork, always with the reply that I needed to speak with the office manager, who was never once returned my calls, when she is at the office, it is the dr is working on your stuff and then you can never get a hold of her again, seems to have the title but no work ethic behind it. When you have a work comp Case and need the paperwork filled out in order to receive payment to survive, this doctor does not care about that.Problems with this doctor seem to be getting worse, again re-scheduling. Now he has joined up with Wayne State and University Physician Group, would have thought WSU had a commitment to excellence, but apparently not. My advice from experience, stay away from them! There are other excellent pain/rehab Drs out there.