Dr. Parul Jani MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 11th, 2017
Needs A Attitude Adjustment
I've had a few visits with Dr. Jani. First experience was not bad at all. The last two were horrific. She was very rude, rushed and acted as if I was a bother to her. After waiting over an hour to get into to an examining room, I should of been the one that was rude. Never again!

October 26th, 2016
My family was with the doctor that had this practice before he retired, and we transitioned into Dr. Jani and Dr. Mehta when they took over. I have never wanted to leave - when it comes to wait times, we just know that we will be sitting. Dr. Jani's staff has always fit in us as patients when we were ill, which is why wait times are understandable. She is thorough, compassionate and exceptionally skilled at figuring out health issues and following up with patients. One of my daughters had a critical situation arise on multiple occasions that were missed by urgent care. She nailed it both times. I cannot express how grateful I am to her and the way her staff (especially Bonnie - love her) take care of the patients.

February 28th, 2016
Worst Experience
Worst experience I have ever had. Waited over an hour for my appointment and when I got back to a room I waited another 30min. She rubbed me as being rude and nasty to her staff, which is very unprofessional. I would not EVER suggest this doctor to anyone.

September 1st, 2015
Believe it or not, people will call in for a simple problem, grab an appointment, then want ten other things checked " while I am here", many doctors will have you come back again again again.....talk about wasted time...... Few will try to figure things out and not push you out that door.....when you are looking for answers and are scared.... You want knowledge and compassion, go see her....

May 2nd, 2015
Perception is realty
I like Dr. Jani. I sense that she is passionate about her job and has compassion for her patients. The biggest issue that I have is the extremely long wait times. The wait in the reception room and triage combined often exceed 1 hour. I often spend 45 minutes to an hour in the reception room and then another 15 to 30 minutes in triage. When Dr. Jani finally sees me she appears energized, enthused and genuinely invested in me. She reviews my patient information on her laptop and simultaneously engages me in a discussion about my labs, progress of my conditions, medicines, lifestyle, etc. Her thoroughness is soothing and much very much appreciated. However, I cannot honestly say that her bedside manner makes up for the extreme wait times. If the wait times were not a constant and consistent issue I could be more forgiving. I have had appointments scheduled at various times throughout the day and no matter if my appointment is at 9:30, 10:30, 12:30, 2:30 etc., the wait time, before i actually lay eyes on Dr. Jani is in excess of an hour. The value that a doctor places on their patients times influences my perception of the doctor's bedside manner. Why is doctor Dr. Jani consistently an hour late for her very first appointment of the day? When she walks in the doormat her practice each morning the patients scheduled for her very first appointments of the day have already been waiting 45 minutes to an hour for her. How is this acceptable? Why is this accepted? Healthcare is expensive. I pay dearly to ensure that my family has access to great healthcare providers, and while these healthcare providers are not all made equally so-to-speak, is it the unwritten rule that when I find a really good doctor I have to endure abuses of my time? Is the status of patient so lowly that we can't expect to find a good doctor that is also prompt and courteous? Is Dr. Jani's consistent tardiness not discourteous to her patients? Two Patients are booked per each 30 minute block of time, this combined with Dr. Jani's late arrival every morning it is evident that she expects her appointments to be backed up and for her patients to endure the extreme wait times. The bottom line is that each of Dr. Jani's patients have had or will have to make a choice about what they are willing to tolerate. My decision is to leave. I have communicated my concerns about Dr. Jani's extreme wait times on several occasions and nothing has changed. I believe that as patients we can teach doctors how to treat us and by taking our business elsewhere we communicate that our expectations for the level of total care that we have receive have not been met. I am a relatively healthy person, I am of middle-age and I can drive, I have the flexibility to search for a doctor that provides excellent care and is courteous and respectful of my time. I am not naive however - I understand that there are patients that don't enjoy the same flexibility and it is for them that I write this review. I hope that review inspires change. I won't be present to experience the change, but it is necessary nonetheless.

December 15th, 2014
Best doctor that Prince Frederick has to offer!!!
Excellent doctor. Very compassionate, listens to you and gets down to the problem of the visit.. Very caring. spends time with each patient.. You re not rushed out the door!

February 16th, 2013
patient & healthcare worker
Dr Jani has been my physician for 11yrs & I absolutely love her! I would recommend her to anyone & I have. Dr Jani's thoroughness has helped me many times...

December 3rd, 2010
I love Dr. Jani.....best physician in all of my 64 years

September 10th, 2009
Excellence in Care
This internal medicine doctor is caring, and concerned. She takes the time to sit with her patients and LISTENS to what they have to say. She is thorough in her examinations, and incorperates any treatment modalities that she feels will be of benefit to the patient. All in all she is a wonderful doctor

May 17th, 2017