Dr. Parvin Afshar MD Patient Reviews

2.0

December 15th, 2015
Uncertain
After reading all the negativity about Dr. Afshar, I didn't think twice to cancel my appt. Thank you to all of you who took the time to write up your review.

November 14th, 2015
Find someone else
I was rushed in and out. She didnt keep accurate records. Her staff will not fill out any paperwork. In short it was a useless visit.

March 22nd, 2015
Stellar

January 7th, 2015
What a waste!
What a waste of a medical degree! At our first, and I might add our last appointment, she spent less than 10 minutes with my 18 year old who suffers from anxiety before prescribing a drug. She asked just basic questions, did not allow my daughter to ask questions, and walked us to the door! DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! My daughter was in tears when we left!

February 13th, 2014
Bad experience
I have not seen anything like this in my life, very unprofessional both her and her sister who runs the front office, please seek a better doctor! She does not care about her paitionts, all she cares is money!

September 18th, 2013
Soon to be previous patient.
I would never recommend this "Dr." to even my worst enemy!! I have been seeing Dr. Afshar for over a year now just mostly out of convenience at this point. Every single time I see her which mind you is once a month she asks me the same questions as if she's never meant me. Not that I expect her to remember all of her patients on a first name basis but she has it all written in front of her and doesn't even pretend like she might be the slight bit interested in truly helping. Basically she just writes the rx and she's done. So I was 10 min late to my appt due to having to go on my lunch break and she only works a couple days a week and on those days only a half day and they are packing up ready to close, even though I had just confirmed my 1:00 appt at 11:45 same day when "ozzy" her receptionist called me to see if I could come earlier. I got the third degree for being late as if the street lights had come in 5 hours earlier!! Really?? Just absolutely a joke!! Ozzy the receptionist is a horribly rude person and when she is friendly it is so incredibly fake it makes me want to puke!! Don't waste your time or copay on this one, speaking of which if you have an expense account she has no way of charging thru that and her idea of a receipt is writing on her rx pad "paid copay $30.00".

August 26th, 2013
Referred by Mission Hospital, Laguna Beach
I spent a few days at the Laguna Beach Mission Hospital for depression. They gave me a list of doctors I had to contact for psychiatry and psychology. I was responsible for making an appointment with one of each dr within 7 days in order to be released that day. Dr. Parvin through Winstone Behavioral was listed as a recommendation through my insurance carrier. I waited over 30 minutes when she finally called me in and said "I didn't even see anyone out there (in the waiting room)." Really? Because there were 5 of us. Once I sat down with her she wrote me a prescription for the same that the psychiatrist at the hospital had written (now I look like a drug dealer/junkie going to my pharmacy with the same script from 2 different dr.'s - thanks). When I mentioned I was also on 40 mg of Adderall for ADD she said "Why? You're not in school or anything. (I'm a stay-at-home mom). Just stop taking it- it's not addictive. You'll be fine!" Note: Adderall is an amphetamine, a Class 2 controlled substance like cocaine. After researching her license, it turns out she's not licensed. DO NOT GO TO HER.

August 21st, 2013
Absolute opportunistic hack!
She never remembered the previous visits. She rehashed the same thing visit after visit as if she were meeting me for the first time. On my third visit she asked how my girlfriend was. I was in the middle of a divorce- no girlfriend. She always made me wait. I once asked if we could talk a little about my issues and not just write a prescription. She said she'd refer me to a counselor- as "she" just prescribed medication.

June 6th, 2013
WORST DOCTOR EVER. Her office manager who is her sister is in charge of everything including diagnoses and prescriptions. Doctor gave me wrong medication with bad side effect. I called her several times per day for one week and she never called me back. Finally, her office manager (gate keeper) called me and scolded me for calling so many times and having the doctor taking her time from her work to call back. She said that doctor instructed her to talk to the patients instead. I told her that there patient-doctor confidentiality and I can’t talk to you and also you are not a medical professional. She said the only solution is to make another appointment next week. THIS IS NOT PROFESSIONAL, NOT ETHICAL, AND NOT LEGAL.

May 7th, 2013
Needs to retire
Went into her office hoping to resume treatment for the ADD I had been diagnosed with in the past. Walked out 15 minutes later with a month's supply of a drug I knew nothing about. Researched the drug when I got home to find that it's a powerful anti-depressant in the SNRI class of drugs. Of course a slimy pharma rep was in the office while I was there, and probably gave her the samples.

January 29th, 2013
Concerned family member
After taking my disabled relative to Dr. Afshar for her doctors appointment, I am concerned for her overall safety. She is forgetful, ignorant, and/or clueless. My relative has been seeing her to get her prescriptions for 5 years, she routinely calls her by the wrong name, asks the same questions repeatedly as if expecting different answers, overbills for wrong hours, and almost always seems to leave portions of the Rx blank for schedule IV drugs which fall under the "Controlled Substances Act of 1970." This last problem has led to me repeatedly having to explain to the Head Pharmacist and store manager about her office's general state of disarray in filling them, much to their chagrin. Dr. Afshar has also undertaken questionable medical practices as a practicing clinical Psychiatrist, such as recommending that my mother go find a boyfriend, or go get a dog to make her feel better when symptoms of anxiety or depression are expressed. While they might have some basis in accepted treatment. It is obvious that she is simply using a pre-formed checklist of things to recommend to patients, as well as refusing to actually listen to her patient's symptoms to form an effective diagnosis and designate appropriate treatment. I would recommend that patients find another physician to provide medical care as Dr. Afshar is clearly unfit to practice medicine on all but the most basic of cases.

August 13th, 2012
RUDE!
I cannot believe this woman is treating depressed patients. The 1st time I saw her she advised me to talk to my dog and go to the church. She was not listenting to anything I had to say and told me many people were worst off than me. I was crying my eyes out as she was showing me the door.DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR..