Dr. Parvin Mirabadi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 19th, 2015
Unpleasant Pap Smear with Dr. Mirabadi
Caution: Dusty examination room & concerned about the cleanliness of her pap smear tools. I highly recommend you thoroughly read my experience so that you can make your own decision. After having a pap smear done at her Sherman Oaks office I left so much more worried than before I walked in. I went in for a regular check up and had no suspicion of being ill. The lobby seems clean but once I walked into the room where the procedure is done I was hesitant. I should have walked out right away, but due to being laid off from work, my insurance will be cancelled at the end of this month. I know that this this procedure is 100% covered by my insurance so I went ahead with the procedure. As soon as I walked in the room I saw dust on the counters and the floor (except for the commonly walked on areas and the bed). The step/stool used to get on the bed had all kinds of stains (some black, some brown, some looked fresher than others). That step is right under the edge of the bed where they make you slide to so they can have better access to conduct the test. Right away I assumed that those stains were from other people's fluids/ the lubricant or god knows what else dripped on it. I did not see a table with all of the sterilized tools laid out like I used to see at Holy Cross. I was used to seeing a brand new PLASTIC speculum in a sealed plastic bag (A SPECULUM is the tool used to separate the vaginal walls) and this time I did not see it at all. She came in was very polite and asked me to lay down so she could proceed with the test. She asked me to put my feet up on the stirrups. SHE HAD A DIRTY SOCK LOOKING FABRIC covering the stirrups. I suppose those are there to protect your warm feet from the cold metal but the fabric covers were filthy! They also had stains and overall looked dirty - like the bottom of a dirty sock. She conducted the test but I have no Idea where she got the tools from? She must have been grabbing drawers (while she had the gloves on) because I did not see where she pulled out the tools from. If she was grabbing drawers I am scared that she may have given me an infection because she inserted her fingers inside my vagina as part of the check up. The test itself was quick and when she walked out I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THE SHE HAD LEFT THE METAL SPECULUM IN THE SINK!!!? Like, people wash their hands in the sink lady! What if I touch the sink and get people's HIV/ STD fluids on my skin? I was also shocked to see that she used a METAL Speculum not a plastic disposable one. Which means that they re-use the metal one's over and over and they do not dispose of them after each patient. I could not believe that she just put it in the sink! That lead me to believe that they were just going to wash it with Soap and Water and re-use it on the next person. I hope to god for my health that they have more than 1 Metal Speculum and they thoroughly disinfect each one before using it on the next patient (Disinfecting those metal speculums require ALOT more than just soap and water). Although, judging by the cleanliness of the procedure room, I doubt that is the case. This doubt is WORRYING me. I am so worried that she may have given me an infection or that I may have gotten someone else's bacteria/disease's because it was a metal reusable speculum and because it was just laying there in the sink. I am pretty sure that the female patient who had gone in the same room before me had some kind of disease because I overheard they were doing a pap smear and she looked super worried and right away they said they wanted to run more test. So on hind sight, I'm thinking that they may have used the same Metal Speculum that they used on her, ON ME! They probably also just left hers in the sink washed it off and left it ready for me. Oh My God :/. I left that office feeling dirty and worried, I immediately came home and showered. If I had seen from the beginning, that they were going to use a METAL Speculum i would have walked out. I should've have taken pictures of the room and posted them on here but, when she was done with the test, I felt so disgusting that I just wanted to get home ASAP and take a shower. I am very worried that she may have infected me because she was touching things all around the office with the same gloves she was using to check inside my vagina, I am also concerned that the Metal Speculum tools are not being properly disinfected. I think that I will discuss this situation with another doctor to see if they recommend I get checked for infections. She was a very nice person but her procedure room, tools and cleanliness have me freaking out.

April 24th, 2015
Angel!
Dr. Mirabadi is brilliant! She performed liposuction on my inner thighs, love-handles and abdomen last year, and I could not be more happy with how I look. Smooth, natural appearance (no botchy areas or lumps) and the scarring is minimal. I also periodically come back for Juviderm and my lips look so natural and plump. Thank you, Dr. Mirabadi!

April 23rd, 2015
Happy with my Doctor!
Dr. Mirabadi is an excellent Doctor and great human being.

January 26th, 2013
Amazing!
I recently performed a breast lift and nipple reconstruction with Dr. Mirabadi, and I am extremely pleased! She was very attentive to my needs and how I wanted to look. Her staff was extremely pleasant. I have absolutely no complaints!

September 10th, 2010
she is excellent surgeon
recently i had my surgery done by dr. mirabadi.herbedside manner and expertiseis excellent also she is very beautiful.

April 20th, 2009
Great caring doctor
I don't know who this other person is, but I think that she expected more than what any doctor is capable of. Some people just are not in the world of reality. Before seeing Dr. Mirabadi, I did a lot and I mean a lot of research and I saw two other surgeons. They both told me that I was going to look great after a tumescent procedure. When I saw Dr. Mirabadi, she was not only welcoming but she was also very informative. She didnt try to hurry me up or treat me like I was to stupid to understand what was going on. She told me the truth. She told me what the potential was in my dream world and also what I would probably look like, but made it clear that she could not predict the future. She told me it was not going to be smooth and that it probably was not going to be even in terms of healing because I was pretty heavy in my stomach and I had a lot of stretch marks with more on one side than the other, then told me what I could do to try to minimize the problem. She recommended a tummy tuck instead but the price was too high for me. A friend that went with me decided to have a tummy tuck, and she is a cardiologist nurse with 20 years experience. Thats why I took her with me. We scheduled our appointments, hers was the day before mine, and then we scheduled hotel rooms in the area because we live to far away for the follow-up appointment the next day. When I talked to my friend the first night, she was in a lot of pain but was able to easily get a hold of the doctor with the contact information she gave to change the type of medication which worked much better for her. I was looking forward now to my day. My husband went with me and even he liked her, and he is hard to please. Even though I was given contact information I didnt need to use it. They did tell me that it would take apx. 3 days to feel like getting up and around on my own which was about right and okay to go back to work, then three weeks before I was really feeling okay, but I really didnt feel like going back to work within those three days. I needed a few more. My friends stomach looks great, I have to admit I am jealous, if I could afford it, I would be back in a heartbeat for one. By the way, you can verify that Dr. Mirabadi has a license to practice plastic surgery as well as gynecology and if she has any malpractice law suites by simple putting her name into any search engine. I looked this up before I even considered seeing her, everyone should. I think that if this womans procedure was Dr. Mirabadis fault and not just mother nature, she would have sued. I didnt see any malpractice law suites, so I personally think shes just trying to vent.