Pediatrician, Urologist
Video profile
16 E 60th St
3rd Floor
New York, NY 10022
Locations and availability (8)

|  none  |  show details
by jenna l on Mar 4th, 2014

a very knowledgeable and caring doctor

|  A True Blessing  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

We are originally from South Jersey and have been living in South Carolina since 2005. Just before our move, our daughter, who was about 6, was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease. We met with a doctor at CHOPs who explained the disease and what we needed to do to monitor any progression. We found a nephrology specialist here and continued to monitor and unitl January of 2011, there were no issues. That January, my daughter started having severe flank pain. Tests revealed that her kidneys developed 19 new cysts in a short time, causing the kidney to swell. The pain was so severe, she could not stand straight and was out of school. She was given Loritab and eventually Morphine, with little relief to be had. We were sent to the top doctor at Emory University in Atlanta,GA. No help there. My wife then sent an e-mail to Childrens Hospital in Philadelphia, described our daughters issue and asked for help. Within hours, she received a reply from Dr. Casale. He explained a procedure he was using to help children with this issue. We took this information to our pediatrician and specialist here who then conferenced with Dr. Casale. Once all the information was gathered, it was decided that my daughter was going to CHOP's to meet Dr. Casale. My wife and daughter met with him and phoned me immediately after with the news that he would do the surgery and how much they liked him. Long story short, Dr. Casale performed the renal denervation on my daughters left kidney on May 18th, 2011. We were back in SC on the 21st and my daughter was off all medication, walking straight and pain free, except for the small incisions from the surgery. I am happy to report that we just celebrated the one year anniversary and my 14 year old daughter is doing fantastic. Let me state again, that EVERY time we sent an e-mail, Dr. Casale personally answered in a very short time. The same was true of his contact with our doctors, who were very impressed with his knowledge, professionalism and overall personal interaction. Dr. Casale and his team indeed, were a True Blessing.

|  BEYOND GRATEFUL TO DR. CASALE  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

The long drive (over 350 miles) was well worth meeting Dr. Casale. Dr. Casale not only fully knowledgeable, gave the advice according to "if she were my daughter". Wow! My daughter was advised to receive a full open surgery cesearean style to correct her condition, kidney reflux. Given several components concerning this condition, I inquired with the doctors who suggested this full open surgery..does she really need this?We did not hear directly back from her doctors, and decided to research other options and possiblities. Nearly 1-1/2 years later, we continue thanking God we consulted w/Dr. Casale. Dr. Casale advised, "if she were my daughter", in advising a much less invasive procedure that did not require any incision whatsoever! Dr. Casale considered every aspect of our daughter's condition. He answered every question giving attention to the details of the questions. He treated my child with such great care and compassion! Such amazing TLC! We shall remain forever thankful to Dr. Casale as well as the entire staff that treated our daughter in surgery.

|  A quack!  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2009

he is horrible and should find another profession. do not take your child to this individual or practice at CHOP. He and his associates are arrogant, uncaring, and bad doctors.

|  Good Job, Dr. Casale!  |  show details
by Tom and Georgia Jenkins, Shavertown, PA on Sep 3rd, 2008

Recently, our grandson had the da Vinci urologic procedure at CHOP. We were very satisfied with Dr. Casale's professionalism, patient concern, his medical skills, and "bedside manner". THANK YOU, Dr. Casale.