Dr. Patric Darby MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 20th, 2013
Please think twice and do your research about this MD
This MD was not helpful, and left me in tears, concerning my son's condition. My son is currently being seen for a diagnosis of ADHD. His past medications with his regular pediatrician was not resulting in a positive outcome; therefore, my pediatrician advised me to seek a child physiatrist for further advice. On the first appointment with Dr. Darby, I explained that we had recently (within 3 weeks prior) changed my son's medication through his pediatrician; with this new medication, my husband and I started to hear improvement (through his school teacher) with his focus on school work, and his hyper activity. At the consultation we discussed all of the above and also my son's past behavior; I expressed that he did have a minor side effect of ticks. At that point I was wondering if we should even change his medication, or if we should consider another medication. Dr. Darby decided through verbal and visual evaluation that we should try another medication. I willingly agreed because I trusted his judgment. After 3 weeks of my son on this particular medication I noticed a severe reaction of ticks arising from the medication. When we came for our one month follow up, I addressed these concerns at the visit. Dr. Darby and I talked briefly spoke about my concerns, and the result of his response was telling me all these different type of medications that might work for my son. At this point, I was overwhelmed, I asked that he explain to me the pros and cons of his ORIGINAL medication that he was on (prior to the current one that was causing ticks), and before I could explain myself he started getting defensive and telling me that if that medication was working so well then why did we change his medication. I explained that I trusted his MD judgment and what he was advising me, for my child, to try another medication. Before I could explain myself, he cut me short and stated he can write me that medication again, if that is what I want. At this point I was completely upset and was confused why he was being so disrespectful and short with me. He was not compliant to any of my concerning questions and was short and rude with me after I tried to explain to him how I would like to understand his recommendations further. The visit was, at that point, over. He would not look at me or even consult with me. He just stared at his computer, while typing. He handed me the medication and told me that this medication was good for 3 months and sent me away. What bothers me the most is that I felt like this was a waste of my time and money and now my son and I are at square one again.

January 12th, 2012
Excellent prescribing Doc. Straight forward and technical in his approach. I give him the high credibility regarding his diagnostic methodology and reasoning applied to a very difficult challenge

July 21st, 2011
You'll love Dr. Darby!
I've been a patient of Dr. Darby for years. He's a very intelligent, well organized and straight forward person. He works very hard at keeping things on task and to the point. He gives you 100% attention while your there. He's extremely intuitive & well educated which allows him to focus in on patient needs and options for treatment right away. He keeps current on all aspects of his field of practice and is always ready to offer up any new information he may have on your diagnosis or options for treatments.I've always found him to be kind, easy to talk to and very helpful. I love Dr. Darby. I recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs a good Doctor to manage their medication's, or for evaluation and treatment.

January 31st, 2011
Great Care
I have visited Dr Darby on several occasions now and have found that he is very well educated in his field, he's honest, he spends plenty of time with me, and he is willing to treat his patients in an indivualized way that best suites them.

January 27th, 2010
No Professionalism
I have been seeing Dr. Darby for the last few months and he still has not diagnosed my current mental disorder. I have to diagnose myself in order to figure out what should be done to fix my current mental state. I am no doctor and I feel like he is not taking charge in finding out what is really going on with me; I am in no condition to figure it out myself. I feel like a patient that is being used as an experiment. He constantly changes my medications; try this try that. I always feel like I am on a rollercoster of emotions...I feel like I am not getting any better what so ever. He speaks very rudely and mocks what I say and calls me a liar, drug addict/drunk to my face. All I want is Help! He is very unprofessional...I feel my current mental state is far worse than when I first started seeing him.