Dr. Patrice Mack MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 25th, 2015
Not for talking
Only there to write prescriptions

April 1st, 2015
Transgender Surgeon
I am a transgender surgeon who performs many transgender surgeries. Dr. Mack is "La Creme de la Creme" of psychiatrists in Naples, Florida. With her insightful suggestions she has helped me deal with the many mean people who reject me for just being transgender (I have no patient complaints and a perfect safety record). I recommend her without reservation. Figuratively speaking, she will not only welcome you, but embrace you and in so doing, help you heal.

March 15th, 2015
$400.00 and she was checking her phone while "diagnosing" me. Find another provider, this quack should have retired long ago!

January 8th, 2015
Dr Mack is very easy to talk to and very good at asking questions to facilitate the appointments. Her diagnosis was accurate and the treatment is working.

December 15th, 2014
I have been a patient of Dr. Mack for about 5 years. I am extremely impressed with her diagnostic skill and empathic demeanor. I have seen a number of psychiatrists but have found that Dr. Mack is the most knowledgeable about medications, and truly cares that you get the help you need.

September 17th, 2014
My Psychiatrist
Dr. Patrice Mack is a lifesaver. No other way to describe her.

September 9th, 2014
Current Patient
I suffered from OCD as a kid and had all sorts of irrational fears about germs that flooded my head each day. It got to a point where I was washing my hands so much that my knuckles would bleed. As a 12 year old who was otherwise very happy and successful, I was extremely confused by the whole ordeal. My parents brought me to a couple different psychologists in town who advocated 'touch therapy', which is basically just forcing yourself to touch the things that you are afraid of because of their 'germs'. It didn't work. Finally, my parents brought me to a psychiatrist, Dr. Patrice Mack. Dr. Mack was the first doctor to diagnose me with OCD. She reassured me that OCD could be treated, and that having OCD didn't mean I was crazy. In fact, many successful people have some form of OCD. Her treatment quite literally changed my life, and within a few months I was back to normal. I have grown up to be a very successful adult. I still have OCD flare ups every now and then, but Dr. Mack continues to provide me with the kind of reassurance and treatment that she did when I was a kid. I highly recommend Dr. Mack.

September 8th, 2014
Dr. Patrice Mack is Excellent
My son was diagnosed with OCD during adolescence and my husband and I began a frustrating search for help in managing it. We were advised to work on behavioral therapies, which proved to be futile, while his symptoms became increasingly disruptive to his daily life as a middle school student. Fortunately, we were eventually referred to Dr. Mack. Everything changed with our first visit to her. Her deep experience with anxiety disorders gave her a reassuring confidence in telling us that this was not a mental illness, this was manageable with medication, this was not going to curtail our son's life. She was right on every score. There were times through the course of his treatment when we called her with concerns, and in every single instance she was responsive and dead on correct in her assessments and recommendations. The best endorsement I can offer is the example of our son, who is successfully managing the OCD with Dr. Mack's ongoing care, and is thriving in all aspects of his life. My family will always be grateful for Dr. Mack's professionalism and compassion.

September 8th, 2014
Dr. Mack is the best!

October 3rd, 2013
Find a different doctor
Charged us over twice the going rate for psychiatric services, then dropped my daughter after one visit because we couldn't afford to see her as often as our last psychiatrist (who charged half as much as Mac).

April 18th, 2013
former patient
Dr. Mack is very easy to approach and talk to. She is compassionate and knowledgable in treating depression and ADHD. I found her to be current in Psychiatric Medicine treatment, therapy as well as pharmaceuticals. In my opinion, she cares and will do what is always best for the patient. She is open to suggestions when involving patient care, so that the patient and family feel comfortable. I recommend her high highly. She also offers cognitive testing in her Naples office,which is very convenient. Thank you.

October 17th, 2012
Saved my life
I was a patient of Dr. Mack 12 years ago, when I was 16-17 years old. At the time I had problems with anorexia,anxiety, obsessive compulsiveness, and depression. I remember very well that initially I was forced to go to the office by my mother. I was in stark denial of my problems. Were it not for Dr. Mack, I would not be the woman I am today. I will be forever grateful for her therapy and her calm manner in helping me through. She was able to manage my problems and lead me towards a full recovery. I still have not had a relapse. I would recommend Dr. Mack to any adolescent or any parent who even remotely thinks their child might be having a problem.