Dr. Patricia Martin Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

June 8th, 2013

I saw Dr Martin for the first time about 3 weeks ago. I had been to an urgent care and by the time I left there I was so scared I had something terrible. When I saw Dr Martin she took the time to ask me about the details of what I had noticed AND she let me tell her without interrupting me constantly like some doctors do. Her assistant got the tests reports from the urgent care right away so Dr Martin could review them (and avoid duplicating tests- thank you Dr. Martin for being so cost conscious because I have to pay a big portion of my medical bills myself). Dr Martin talked to me about what might be causing my symptoms and what needed to be done to figure it out. I did need one other test , just a blood test, and when the results were back in 2 days she called me. She diagnosed me and fortunately it wasn't the thing that the doctor at the urgent care told me I could have. I plan to keep going to Dr Martin and I am very happy to find such a good primary doctor.

April 25th, 2013

This physician does not seem friendly, caring or concerned relative to ailments, etc. Very difficult to talk to, she makes you feel like you are insulting her. I am presently looking for another physician who I feel is more capable, can provide more accurate diagnosis, is more courteous and willing to listen. You are also charged additional if you ask a question not relevant to your visit. BEWARE

June 30th, 2012

no bedside manner. no one bit friendly and didnt seem to listen well.

May 7th, 2012

Dismissed my symptoms as "not her area of expertise" even though I was specifically referred to an internist, and have since seen other internists who performed a battery of tests to diagnose my disease.

March 8th, 2012

arrived a few minutes late for my appointment still waited in the office for only about five minutes. Filled out paper work they sent me before I arrived so all I had to do was turn it in. When I got back to see this Dr. for my wellness check up I asked her if she could talk to me about my chest cold. She stated that because I was a few minutes late and I was scheduled for a wellness check that she would not talk to me about my chest cold. She then proceeded to tell me she did not think we were a good fit. I asked her if she was not going to examine me. She said why don't we just talk about your chest cold. I said actually I have gone through allot of trouble to be here and had waited a long time for my wellness check up so I insisted she give me my exam. Needless to say I never will go back to her for anything. She sent my paperwork with the tests results in the mail with little to no explanation of the results. No bed side manner what so ever.

January 3rd, 2012

Horrible Office staff

To start with, I never was able to actually see Dr. Martin, because the office staff was horrible to work with. My OB/GYN recommended Dr. Martin, so I called to make an appointment, only to find out the next appointment was 1.5 months away. My appointment was scheduled the day after Christmas. Unfortunately, I wrote it down in my calendar for the wrong day. Nobody called to remind me of my appointment, so I called to verify my appt., only to be told I had missed it the day before. I have never missed a doctor appointment, and I feel horrible for missing this one. The office staff rescheduled me for another month out, and then called me back to tell me I owed $150 for a missed appointment. I told them that this was a hefty charge, considered they do not say anything about a no-show appt on their website, no one called to remind me of my appt., and no one told me about this charge to begin with. The Office Manager, Vince, argued with me for a while, and then suggested that I call another internist. I would have thought my business as a first time customer would be worth more than a $150 missed appointment fee, but apparently not.

August 26th, 2011

Horrible experience

All of my OIMA.org (Overlake Internal Medicine) doctors have always been located at Overlake Hospital (OH). NOT THIS DOCTOR. It would be handy if they told first time patients this to avoid circumstances like mine. Details: I had to schedule 2 months in advance for my appointment, so was relieved when my appointment date finally arrived. I went to OH and couldn't find Dr. Martin's name on the directory, I called her office to ask for the suite number. They explained they are located a few blocks away from the hospital and gave me directions. I apologized and explained to them I would need to walk to my car in the parking lot, pay for parking, and then drive to her office. I CONFIRMED THAT THIS MEANT I WOULD BE LATE, and asked if the timing would still work for the appointment. They said it would be just fine. I RAN from the moment I hung up the phone, and arrived panting at her front desk. After being told to sit and wait a few minutes, a man who never introduced himself, sits down and says that Dr. Martin cannot see me today. I apologized again for my location mistake, and explained that I was told on the phone that I could still be seen. Further, that I have some serious health issues. He said no. I asked if there was anyone who else who could see me-I'd even wait a long while if that would help. He says no, that I have to reschedule with the front desk. At the front desk, I was informed that the person scheduled after my appointment did not show, so Dr. Martin was in her office, not with a patient, and should be able to see me. Receptionist returns, after speaking with Dr. Martin , and says she is sorry, but the doctor declined to see me. I then attempt to reschedule, and am told the wait will be, once again, LONGER than 2 months. Seriously? No thanks. To clarify, if she had other patients and couldn't fit me in that would have been on me. The fact that I was told to come, after I said I would be late, and then have Dr. Martin sit in her office and refuse to come out? I find that extremely unprofessional. Just received a bill for a "missed appointment". SERIOUSLY!?