inactive

Patricia S Braly MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 21st, 2016
Extremely competent
I was referred by my gyn for endometrial cancer. Dr. Braly explained the surgery, even drew a diagram. I had researched the robotic procedure and watched a youtube video, because I was nervous about it. She reassured me it was the way to go. I'm glad I did. She is an extremely skilled surgeon. I had every confidence in her. For follow ups you will see the nurse practioner. She is very nice, chatty, but not too proactive in solutions for managing menopause without HRT. But that's Ok- I can go to my GP for that. Happy to say I am cancer free and that is what matters.

May 27th, 2016
Only good things to say
I had ovarian CA 26 years ago while living in another state. When I relocated to NOLA, I saw 2 other gyn/onc MDs, those were both negative beyond belief, one was horribly painful. Then I found Dr. Braly, she is the most competent, knowledgeable, caring and patient doctor I've seen anywhere in this state! I have seen a lot of gyn docs in my years, Dr. Braly is the tops. I would never see any other gyn/noc in Louisiana and recommend her highly.

May 2nd, 2016
I was referred to Dr. Braly by my GYN after being diagnosed with early uterine cancer. She spent sufficient time with me to explain the situation and her recommendations. She performed a complete hysterectomy using the Robot and told me no other treatments would be needed, much to my relief. Her NPA has done follow up pap smears every 3 months since the surgery. I have been cancer free for a year and a half. I went home 10 hours after the surgery with very little pain for such a major procedure. She did a great job and I highly recommend her. Wonderful surgeon.

March 6th, 2015
Kathy
I just had a full hysterectomy and dr braly was very nice and u were able to ask her questions only thing I didn't like was I couldn't do number 1 and I told them this before surgery. That is how I am. She kept me the next day still couldn't pee. But she was so ready to send me home without peeing. She was more into telling me my insurance would cover for me to stay in there again for another day because I couldn't pee. She sent me home. I was able to pee before I left. I went home and the very next day I ended back to the ER because I was throwing up and in bad pain. They admitted me in the hospital. I wasn't pooping. I had a blockage. I had to stay for another 3 days. I felt that she was worried about my insurance instead about me. But her nurse prationer was very nice and very concern when I went for my post opp.

July 16th, 2014
She came recommended by my GY doctor and my primary doctor. On my first visit she made feel like I have had known her a while. I felt very comfortable with her. On the second visit she explained they surgery I was having very fully. I would recommend her to anyone. A very pleasant person.

October 28th, 2013
I would highly recommend!
I had a pleasant experience with Dr. Braly & her staff. Lisa as her nurse practioner was very couteous & professional.

June 11th, 2013
I don't agree with the other two patients. Dr. Patricia Braly has the best bedside manner in the world. She takes so much time with you. She likes to get to know her patients, very compassionate and caring. Her staff are equally as kind. Her nurse Lisa is the best she goes out of her way to help you in anyway she can. They both give the absolute best care in the world. I love Dr. Braly and her staff. Highly recommend her and her practice

January 26th, 2013
I agree with the below comment.her NP is the worse. She told me a week after surgery I should not be in pain.excuse me you just cut me 8 inches! Horrible bedside manner she never came to see me in the hospital and never explained my surgery and what she did. I found out from another md that she took half my overy . I will not ge returning to this office

January 19th, 2013
Will NEVER recomend!
The nurses and staff are rude. Dr. Braly has the WORST bedside manner I've ever seen besides the other doctor that works with her. I was crying because i was in so much pain and Braly tells me "oh stop crying you're over reacting!" I JUST had a hysterectomy and I'm "over reacting" because I'm crying because of pain? I wouldn't recommend her or her lil rude side kick doctor to my worst enemy.

November 9th, 2012
Dr. B u saved my life along with God!

March 15th, 2012
Best Doctor EVER
I am a 22 yr ovarian cancer survivor. I relocated to this area a few years ago and was fortunate enough to find Dr. Braly. I have seen many doctors in my life, but Dr. Braly is, without question, the most competent, brilliant, caring doctor I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Should you need a gyn/onc, go to Dr. Braly, you'll be glad you did.

March 21st, 2011
I am a 5 1/2 year survivor of stage 2 cervical cancer. Dr. Braly explained what the report said and she made sure I understood everything she had explained. She and her staff are very pleasant. I never feel rushed or confused by anything Dr. Braly discusses with me during an exam or visit. Dr. Braly has the best bedside manner and spend as much time as needed so I am comfortable with whats going on or has gone on. I have and always will trust her with my life!!!! Oh, & I love her wooden horse in front of her office (c: