Dr. Patricia Calvo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

June 21st, 2016
She is the best obgyn I have ever had

February 29th, 2016
At times, Dr. Calvo seemed rushed during appointments. But for the most part, I thought she was knowledgeable and respected my wishes. She has a calm, informative demeanor and successfully delivered my baby naturally with no complications!

September 25th, 2015
Treated like cattle
Very impersonal, rushes appointments, avoids discussing procedures or addressing concerns, not concerned with informal consent. Very egotistical and arrogant. Very pro induction and interventions, even on low risk patients.

September 14th, 2015
Amazing Doctor - Don't understand the negative reviews!
Dr. Calvo has been my doctor for 8 years. She delivered both of my daughters and was always patient and informative. Even my mother-in-law, a nurse, commented on Dr. Calvo's positive beside manner and how much time she spent explaining things to me and answering my questions. I never have trouble getting an appointment, even when it is just to come in for my annual exam and I've never been kept waiting for an unreasonable amount of time. She is a working mom with the same struggles as other working moms and I can appreciate when she shares that aspect of her life. She's human just like I am.

July 15th, 2015
Poor bedside manner
Poor bedside manner. Very pro C-section. Does not want to discuss a birth plan. Lack of patience and lacks explainations, just do as I say kind of attitude. Told me "I don't have time to discuss that [gestational diabetes ] with you". Never remembers me. Never reads the chart before entering room, she mixed me up 3 times with another patient.

May 13th, 2015
Dr. Calvo is the WORST doctor you could have
The worst doctor ever! stay away from her she is a horrible human been. She does not like people with an accent, she laughs at you, makes faces ,roll her eyes to her nurse in front of you. She doesn't take in consideration what you say everything is normal in her opinion. I almost lost my baby because of her . I Had a premature delivery which could be avoided if she had checked me when I complained about a strong discharge I had. I Whish nobody what I went through with this doctor. For that reason, I took my time to write this review . I have no intent of make she looks bad (she does that on her own) my intention is only to help others .

December 22nd, 2014
Terrible doctor
I am writing a review mainly so no one else makes the same mistake and sees this doctor. I went to see her for my first pregnancy. She never took time to ask me questions about myself or address my concerns/symptoms but talked constantly about her daughters, what she was having for dinner, etc. Every visit even at my week visits she did not remember anything we talked about our previous visit, gender of my baby, things we had discussed for my delivery plan etc. The internal exams were so painful and she was very rushed. I have seen Dr. Barbara Noel for my other pregnancies and she is so wonderful. Do not make the mistake of seeing Dr. Calvo.

April 13th, 2014
Very Poor Treatment of her patients
Dr Calvo spends 2 mins or less rushing thru you're checkup. taking samples, explaining nothing. God forbid you hold her up by asking questions! She literally runs out of the room answering them, if at all. Her follow up to surgery and complications is zero and she makes it very clear when you call her (after hrs when SHE'S the on call Dr) that you are completely annoying her, overreacting, and should just go to the ER. Never Going back! And if you're smart you won't set foot in her office

March 20th, 2013
Caring, efficient, and professional. I had a very difficult pregnancy and my insurance was giving us trouble on approving certain tests. I realized that half the time the office was trying to deal with my insurance which I have through my job. They helped get me the care I needed and the Dr. was incredibly knowledgeable and skilled during the delivery. I am not sure what other reviewers where expecting, but I was grateful I was under her care.

October 2nd, 2012
rush rush rush
went there with my wife and it was a long agonizing wait for a short rushed visit .wouldnt recommend at all this office

July 9th, 2012
Delivered both of my babies. Highly recommend!
Dr. Calvo is amazing! She delivered both of my children. She plays by the book so if you're looking for a doctor to bend the rules, she is not for you. Personally I love that about her. She is very informative, professional and she shows that she still cares. She is busy and there have been times where I had to wait for my annual check up because she was in the hospital delivering a baby. Even though it's frustrating, it's not her fault, it's her job and I'm sure when she delivered my children someone's appt got bumped too. I love the staff in her office. Just the experience of dealing with dr. Calvo and her staff makes the pregnancy process that much more of a delight. I highly recommend!!

September 1st, 2011
You will wait, and wait....and wait
The girls behind the glass seem to resentopening the windows for any inter-action..with waiting patients...then when you finally get to see the dr..she is most efficient but has always been rough handed in technique. She is gone before you know it. I only saw her as a gyno though.