Dr. Patricia Cavender MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 11th, 2016
Spends time with you not only to listen to you but to make sure you understand what you need to be doing if necessary.

January 15th, 2015
Excellent Dr and staff.

October 3rd, 2014
Poor diagnosis and advice
I think she is a very textbook doctor. My body was in a horrible condition during both visits with very severe eczema, and her (textbook) solution was topical steroids for both visits; a weaker topical steroid (to my usual prescription) for the 1st visit and Prednisone (oral steroids) for the 2nd visit. Nothing was meaningfully effective and I actually had to disobey her instructions in order to go into recovery, which was stopping all topical steroid usage. My body was addicted to steroid ointments (TSW), which explains why some of the most potent steroids have little effect on me. Her response to my worsening eczema was that she just didn't know, and she then quickly reverted to the textbook advice, "more steroid ointments" or "stronger steroid ointments" which I have heard throughout my whole life. I have been off the steroid drug for 4 months, only using moisturizers, and initially the symptoms of withdrawal were intense, with one of the worst eczema I've ever experienced, but now, my body is slowly recovering and the progress is showing.

February 11th, 2014
Wonderful Doctor
As a patient of Dr. Cavender, I am very satisfied how well I am treated with her, and her staff. They are pleasant, rooms are clean and the appointment times run a little longer than normal at times, but I am still glad to come and wait.

February 10th, 2014
Excellent
As a referral from a good friend who had previous work done, I requested and made an appointment. Dr. Cavender is gracious and worked on my little imperfections and am happy with the results! Coming again.

September 13th, 2013
A terrific Doctor and Staff that had made me feel at ease of some things I wanted done. Driving almost 1 1/2 hours to see her is worth the Wait!!! Strongly Recommend Her!

August 20th, 2013
Mrs.
I just made an appointment and I was so impressed! I have not gone yet, but the receptionist (Juliann) is AMAZING!! :) She is so nice, helpful, thorough, and very professional! It makes making an apt or dealing with billing etc non stressful. I am very glad I chose this office. I will post about my visit experience once I've gone, which I'm sure will be just as good based on other reviews I've read. :)

July 30th, 2013
Dr. Cavender is Great!!!

September 26th, 2012
I know that when considering an overall rating, people throw away the comments of highest praise and harshest criticism, but I am not exaggerating when I say I had the kind of experience with this doctor and her staff that used to be considered standard several decades ago -- they were each totally focused on my needs as a patient. This is rare these days, especially for staff. From the one who returned my phone call for an appointment to the one who handles insurance and billing, to the doctor herself, they served with kindness, thoughtfulness, and expertise. The doctor LISTENED very carefully and answered all my concerns and explained all her findings and the course of treatment she planned for me so well. I cannot say enough about this experience and wish all visits to any physician could be rated this highly!

March 22nd, 2011
May have saved my life.
She spotted a mark on my chest and took a biopsy. It turned out to be Malignant Melanoma. Surgically removed it with no additional treatment necessary. She then found a Basil Cell Carcinoma and removed it with similar results.She called me at home late in the evening to give me the results of the biopsy. Very good follow up. She is easy to talk with and gives complete explanations that are easy for a lay person to understand.I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.