Dr. Patricia Cavender Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Cavender?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Cavender?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 5th, 2017

Great doctor!

Dr. Patty was extremely helpful, very knowledgeable, and she and her staff were so friendly the whole time. Great doctor!

February 11th, 2016

Spends time with you not only to listen to you but to make sure you understand what you need to be doing if necessary.

January 15th, 2015

Excellent Dr and staff.

October 3rd, 2014

Poor diagnosis and advice

I think she is a very textbook doctor. My body was in a horrible condition during both visits with very severe eczema, and her (textbook) solution was topical steroids for both visits; a weaker topical steroid (to my usual prescription) for the 1st visit and Prednisone (oral steroids) for the 2nd visit. Nothing was meaningfully effective and I actually had to disobey her instructions in order to go into recovery, which was stopping all topical steroid usage. My body was addicted to steroid ointments (TSW), which explains why some of the most potent steroids have little effect on me. Her response to my worsening eczema was that she just didn't know, and she then quickly reverted to the textbook advice, "more steroid ointments" or "stronger steroid ointments" which I have heard throughout my whole life. I have been off the steroid drug for 4 months, only using moisturizers, and initially the symptoms of withdrawal were intense, with one of the worst eczema I've ever experienced, but now, my body is slowly recovering and the progress is showing.

February 11th, 2014

Wonderful Doctor

As a patient of Dr. Cavender, I am very satisfied how well I am treated with her, and her staff. They are pleasant, rooms are clean and the appointment times run a little longer than normal at times, but I am still glad to come and wait.

February 10th, 2014

Excellent

As a referral from a good friend who had previous work done, I requested and made an appointment. Dr. Cavender is gracious and worked on my little imperfections and am happy with the results! Coming again.

September 14th, 2013

A terrific Doctor and Staff that had made me feel at ease of some things I wanted done. Driving almost 1 1/2 hours to see her is worth the Wait!!! Strongly Recommend Her!

July 31st, 2013

Dr. Cavender is Great!!!

September 26th, 2012

I know that when considering an overall rating, people throw away the comments of highest praise and harshest criticism, but I am not exaggerating when I say I had the kind of experience with this doctor and her staff that used to be considered standard several decades ago -- they were each totally focused on my needs as a patient. This is rare these days, especially for staff. From the one who returned my phone call for an appointment to the one who handles insurance and billing, to the doctor herself, they served with kindness, thoughtfulness, and expertise. The doctor LISTENED very carefully and answered all my concerns and explained all her findings and the course of treatment she planned for me so well. I cannot say enough about this experience and wish all visits to any physician could be rated this highly!

March 22nd, 2011

May have saved my life.

She spotted a mark on my chest and took a biopsy. It turned out to be Malignant Melanoma. Surgically removed it with no additional treatment necessary. She then found a Basil Cell Carcinoma and removed it with similar results.She called me at home late in the evening to give me the results of the biopsy. Very good follow up. She is easy to talk with and gives complete explanations that are easy for a lay person to understand.I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.

August 23rd, 2017