Cardiologist (heart)

Buyer Beware show details Buyer Beware
May 3rd, 2015

Dr. Cavero advised me not to take omega supplements because "... research shows it causes cancer. " I asked her what the study was. She replied "google it." Upon googling omega, there are thousands of studies that have been done that reinforce the importance of omegas, including supplements. I described excruciating pain on exertion as the reason I came in; she never addressed the reason. I waited over 60 minutes for her then learned she had left the premises 5 minutes before my arrival to "see patients at the hospital." She mentioned CPAP but never followed up. Would not provide me with a lab slip. Never addressed resistance factors to weight loss, ie thyroid. Unable to speak intelligently about diet (glycemic index, carb/protein mix, counting carbs, glucose metabolism, etc). Wrong information in my chart regarding my lab numbers. Cancelled an appointment then had to wait another 2 months to get in for a stress test. Never got a written report - just told it "was good." All in all, shallow and generic in her treatment of patients. Spends most of the time allotted looking at her computer.

Dr. Walter Gonzalez MD show details Dr. Walter Gonzalez MD
Nov 3rd, 2010

Dr. Cavero is not only an accomplished and experienced clinician, but also a caring and compassionate person. She has the gift of putting one at ease with her kind and gentle manner.Her training is superb having graduated from Northwestern and completed a rigorous residency program at the Mayo Clinic.I whole heartedly recommend this outstanding physician.

SHARP, INTERESTED,INVOLVED, BUSY, CARING show details SHARP, INTERESTED,INVOLVED, BUSY, CARING
Feb 13th, 2010

Dr. Cavero is an excellent doctor/person who, unfortunately,sent me for bypass surgery at SETON HOSPITAL nearby which is the WORST hospital I would have chosenhad I known.It is convenient for her,but it is understaffed by non English speaking nurses,I was WITHOUT a floor physician after my 6 way bypass at which time ALL physicians were on a convention.I literally BROKE out to get to the comfort bleeding with monitor in chest. I went there in ambulance, years later, and NONE of my doctors were available for FOUR DAYS and my blood pressure was at 199!! I was going to sue SETON.Also, the anaesthesiologist DOUBLE billed me and put a lien on my property. Had it not been said it was an emergency,I would have had original surgery at MAYO CLINIC with my LA cardiologist arranging details. HORRENDOUS experiences.