Dr. Patricia Chang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Chang?

October 12th, 2017

Terrible Doctor

I've been a patient at Allina Women's Clinic for 12 years, with Dr. Chang's husband being my OB/GYN for my pregnancy/GYN care. Once he left, I started getting my care from his wife. Annual physical time. I'm a woman of a certain age experiencing signs of perimenopause. I ask her about it and if my symptoms were related the perimenopause. Dr. Chang's professional diagnosis? I'm getting old. Yep, getting old. I also have Dr. anxiety. Her response to this? The therapist I'm going to isn't working. Then there's the "need to lose weight" discussion, which I'm ever so reminded of when the gown I was given was meant for someone 500 pounds. Shecwouldnt even look me in the eye while she stormed off. What made me click with Dr. Chang's husband was he was very honest and down to earth. He listened to my concerns and he knew me. My experiences with his wife have been met with abrasiveness, rushed patient care, and just plain rudeness. She's been a doctor way too long. Perhaps SHE'S getting old. I don't expect any doctor to tell me what I want to hear, but I certainly would expect to feel like my concerns aren't valid and that the doctor has better things to do. All it takes is one disrespectful doctor to make a person never want to come back again, and I won't be back.

March 7th, 2015

I work at the U of M and it is still worth it for me to go out of my Network to be a patient of Pat Changs.

January 24th, 2013

Assistant Vice President, Insurance Industry

Excellent doctor. Knowledgeable, personable, and friendly. I have been a patient for years. She is also an excellent surgeon and solved a mid life problem with surgery after exploring options. This was the first time in my life I had surgery and I was nervous. She explaine all to me and my husband and I felt totally in great care with her doing the surgery. I would not hesitate to refer anyone to Dr. CHang

February 12th, 2012

Very very patient with sexual abuse victims

As a sexual abuse victim, I have never been able to go to a gynecologist (other than the one my school and social workers took me after the abuse came up). After 10 months of unexplained bleeding, I did not have a choice. My friend referred me to Dr. Chang. She is extremely patient and knows about PTSD. After 2 years I am still impressed with her skills at identifying PTSD episodes as they start and getting me back. I saw her twice, had surgery (without complications or need for pain meds), and in the meantime several times for follow-up. Her medical skills are as excellent as her bedside manner.

July 20th, 2017