Dr. Patricia Choy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

February 16th, 2014
Never went back...
I was a patient of Dr Choy's from 2005-2011. She was great even though the wait times could be insane at times. My issue came when I started getting recurring cysts on my right ovary. She recommended surgery to remove the cyst and that's what we did. I was told everything was fine and I was good to go. 3 months later I was still having the same problems so I went back and she told me it was no big deal - cysts come back sometimes. Something felt wrong though so I went for a 2nd opinion. They stated it looked like I had endometriosis based on my ultrasounds and op notes and I was sent straight to a specialist. 4 weeks later I was in surgery again. That was my official diagnosis of stage IV endo. Turns out my endo was so bad it required yet another surgery 3 months later - that one was open (hip to hip incision) surgery. No thanks to her I had 3 surgeries in 13 months. This was almost 3 years ago and I'm still dumbfounded as to how Dr Choy missed stage IV endo during surgery. She had even made notes in my op report that indicated it but told me I was fine. I've never been back and I couldn't be quiet about my experience any longer.

January 27th, 2013
horrible doctor
This doctor did some horrible things to me while I was pregnant and while I was in the hospital. She never answered her phone when there was a problem or emergency. She didn't show up until I had already been at the hospital for a day. She broke my water without informing me first. And she was only there for 10 minutes before she decided to make the decision that I was having a c-section l, also without discussing it with me before hand. And after the surgery I only saw her once. And I was there for 3 more days. I will never go back to her. Disturbing lack of bedside manner, made me and my husband feel stupid when we asked a question and was rude.

November 14th, 2011
Dr. Choy is the BEST!
Dr. Choy changed my life when talking to other gynos about my probs was like talking to a brick wall. God bless her. She took away decades of pain.

February 8th, 2011
Love Dr Choy!
Dr Choy is a very nice Dr. She's just the right age. Very understanding & caring. This is a very busy practice but offers a wide verity of services. I plan to keep her as my Gyno as long as I can. She's a good Dr! Staff is good also