Dr. Patricia Clarke MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

September 15th, 2016
The Doctor you never thought you would find. EXCELLENT PLUS!
Dr. Clarke has the best credentials of any primary care doctor in Flagstaff. She has been here since 2005. She determine my problem in just a few visits when 8 other doctors did not have a clue and said so. My kids love her. My wife will not see any one else. Try her out. You feel the same.

January 14th, 2016
Best Doctor in Flagstaff!!!
She rocks! I went to doctor after doctor for two years. She was able to diagnose me in two visits. She put me on a treatment plan and my symptoms have all gone away. The people in the waiting room couldn't stop talking about her. One person said she drive 2 and half hours each way to see her. Try her out, you will be glad.

September 14th, 2015
You do NOT want to go to this Dr. I wish that I had heeded the advice of the most recent reviews.
After reading earlier reviews I thought that I would give Dr. Clarke a try. After all, finding an integrative doc can be difficult and these two people must have had an "unusual" experience. But what I found, after multiple visits, was that Dr. Clarke is not kind, caring, nor a good listener. She is just the opposite. I wasted a lot of time and money trying to get help with a simple medical condition (that she did not help with at ALL.) She had no sense of urgency and was demeaning. I am a highly educated woman and she treated me as if I was a child with no ability to think and reason for myself. Dr. Clarke is a very stressed, and angry individual. Please research her medical records as well. There is a history of complaints and probations.

May 30th, 2015
You have to be joking.....
The review from Kim does really say a lot. I checked to be assured that she was in my insurance network, which she was. Scheduled an appointment and she spent 40 minutes arguing with me that my insurance needed a certain number so that she could bill them. I called the insurance provider and they said that they did not have such a number and she simply had to submit a bill. She practically called me a liar when I told her of the insurance response. I even had the insurance provider call her, well they had to leave a message because according to Dr. Clarke, telephones are a thing of the past. I do not know how you would contact her in case of an emergency. My second visit was to be an hour but she spent 40 minutes of it telling me that I was stupid and that all insurance companies had the id number that she said was required. This was even after she had heard the voice mail left by the insurance provider. While I was there a woman came in that was a patient who was in terrible shape. Her daughter accompanied her and when the daughter told doctor Clarke that she had authorized a chest x=ray the day before for her mother the good doctor berated the daughter in front of everyone in the office at which the daughter broke down in tears. During the two visits that I had with her the total time spent with me was less than 1.25 hours. She told me that I would have to pay her for the visits since she could not bill the insurance company. I have been to many other medical practices in northern Arizona and no one ever had a problem with the insurance. She told me that she would be fair in billing and that she understood that it was not my fault that the insurance was not up to her standard. Well, the bill came to 480 dollars for the two interviews since she did nothing more than do my vitals and belittle me. 480 dollars and this was after she collected the co-pay that the insurance that she was supposed to take. She is a real rip-off, does little to take care of your medical needs, cannot remember what you are there for and does not have a staff. She has to do it all and she does not have the time to spend with her patients because there is no front office person. The office is dimly lit, dirty and the dog is everywhere, even in the dirty exam rooms. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this doctor.

May 6th, 2015
The previous reviews are either written by Dr. Clarke herself or these people met a completely different person. She over-charges, she orders WAY too many tests for simple issues. She is not even competent. During one of the many, many unnecessary appointments she scheduled, she asked "did I miss anything?". And this was in regards to my medication and supposed medical issues. I would hope a doctor would know what they're missing!!!!!! She was just plain ridiculous - after diagnosing me with a UTI, she said I could've died in a few days. After switching to a different doctor, they handled these issues much more professionally and they were, surprise, surprise, kind people unlike Dr. Clarke. Not to mention the pap smear she performed on me was painful and she even had difficulty with the procedure. I've had painless, easy pap smears before, it's her incompetence that is the issue. She scared the life out of me by saying I have heart problems - storming into the room after and EKG test, COMPLETELY unnecessary. And now? She won't even send my records to my new doctor, probably because there were few real issues to begin with and it is obvious that she is just trying to get your money with all these appointments and bad diagnoses. I wish I'd known she'd been censured and put on probation for five years before this - I never would've come to her office. And honestly, I really should report her for her grossly incompetent behavior.

February 3rd, 2015
Do not attend this Doctor!!
She was very rude and condescending right off the bat. I tried to reschedule my appointment leaving her multiple voicemails (because she never answers the phone) and she never called me back, and then was rude when I was running late after I already tried to cancel due to a meeting I had to go to. Also, her dog is running around her office, not just her waiting room, but the actual doctor's room! How is that at all sanitary? She kept questioning my symptoms even though I was coughing profusely right through the door. She then wanted me to make a follow up appointment and got angry when my schedule (I am a student without a car) did not fit hers. In the end, she threatened me by saying if I didn't show up to my follow up appointment, my insurance will charge me immense amounts of money. I have called my insurance and they said they will do no such thing and make sure I do not get billed from her again.

October 17th, 2013
She's the one you want!
If you want a caring, approachable and professional Doctor to treat you and your family, it is Dr. Clarke. She is a wonderful gift to our community. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her services to anyone, young or old. Her staff are wonderful and very helpful, too.

September 7th, 2013
I trust her. She knows her stuff.
She listens... I mean really listens. She helped me with problems I never trusted to discuss with other doctors. You don't feel like a mule pushed through the office. She treats you like a person. She knows her stuff. Berkeley, Mayo, Harvard. Grateful to have found her!

August 4th, 2013
The Best!
She is always able to figure out my problems and fix them.

June 5th, 2013
Best doc in town, best I have known.
Smart. Trained at Harvard and the Mayo among others. Listens to you and really hears what you are try to say. Resolved problems no other doctor cared about. My wife likes her too.

July 4th, 2012
THE BEST FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Dr. Clarke hands down is the best doctor in town. I should know, I am a nurse. She resolved two irritating medical problems within months. I had gone to doctors for decades trying to get help. All the others refused to do the tests I needed. I thank God she is thorough. Thats what I want from a doctor, someone who will take the time to find out the cause and not just give me another pill. I have been able to get a same day appointment every time I asked. I know some people gave her a negative review. I know some of these people as a nurse. Complainers who dont get there drugs, or instant refills they may not need. If you want an excellent doctor shes the one for the whole family. If all you want is a Doc-in-the Box to pass out drugs galore go to Mexico.

June 24th, 2012
ALWAYS LISTENS TO ME
Shes a keeper! I have never had a doctor listen so well. At first I just wanted her to refill my medications. I am generally healthy. Just needed my asthma medications. But she said a Primary Care Physicians job is to teach prevention. She did the most comprehensive physical exam I have ever received. Did a blood, urine, and stool lab. Then showed me how to take care of my asthma with fewer medications and fewer doctor visits. She also cured my heartburn I thought was from what I ate. I love Mexican food. It wasnt from the food; it was because I have an infection in my gut. She gave me a pack of antibiotics. Now I can eat all the Mexican food I want. Glad to have found her. I recommend her to all my friends.