Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
You have to be joking..... show details You have to be joking.....
by Leslie on May 30th, 2015

The review from Kim does really say a lot. I checked to be assured that she was in my insurance network, which she was. Scheduled an appointment and she spent 40 minutes arguing with me that my insurance needed a certain number so that she could bill them. I called the insurance provider and they said that they did not have such a number and she simply had to submit a bill. She practically called me a liar when I told her of the insurance response. I even had the insurance provider call her, well they had to leave a message because according to Dr. Clarke, telephones are a thing of the past. I do not know how you would contact her in case of an emergency. My second visit was to be an hour but she spent 40 minutes of it telling me that I was stupid and that all insurance companies had the id number that she said was required. This was even after she had heard the voice mail left by the insurance provider. While I was there a woman came in that was a patient who was in terrible shape. Her daughter accompanied her and when the daughter told doctor Clarke that she had authorized a chest x=ray the day before for her mother the good doctor berated the daughter in front of everyone in the office at which the daughter broke down in tears. During the two visits that I had with her the total time spent with me was less than 1.25 hours. She told me that I would have to pay her for the visits since she could not bill the insurance company. I have been to many other medical practices in northern Arizona and no one ever had a problem with the insurance. She told me that she would be fair in billing and that she understood that it was not my fault that the insurance was not up to her standard. Well, the bill came to 480 dollars for the two interviews since she did nothing more than do my vitals and belittle me. 480 dollars and this was after she collected the co-pay that the insurance that she was supposed to take. She is a real rip-off, does little to take care of your medical needs, cannot remember what you are there for and does not have a staff. She has to do it all and she does not have the time to spend with her patients because there is no front office person. The office is dimly lit, dirty and the dog is everywhere, even in the dirty exam rooms. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this doctor.

by Kim on May 6th, 2015

The previous reviews are either written by Dr. Clarke herself or these people met a completely different person. She over-charges, she orders WAY too many tests for simple issues. She is not even competent. During one of the many, many unnecessary appointments she scheduled, she asked "did I miss anything?". And this was in regards to my medication and supposed medical issues. I would hope a doctor would know what they're missing!!!!!! She was just plain ridiculous - after diagnosing me with a UTI, she said I could've died in a few days. After switching to a different doctor, they handled these issues much more professionally and they were, surprise, surprise, kind people unlike Dr. Clarke. Not to mention the pap smear she performed on me was painful and she even had difficulty with the procedure. I've had painless, easy pap smears before, it's her incompetence that is the issue. She scared the life out of me by saying I have heart problems - storming into the room after and EKG test, COMPLETELY unnecessary. And now? She won't even send my records to my new doctor, probably because there were few real issues to begin with and it is obvious that she is just trying to get your money with all these appointments and bad diagnoses. I wish I'd known she'd been censured and put on probation for five years before this - I never would've come to her office. And honestly, I really should report her for her grossly incompetent behavior.

Do not attend this Doctor!! show details Do not attend this Doctor!!
Feb 3rd, 2015

She was very rude and condescending right off the bat. I tried to reschedule my appointment leaving her multiple voicemails (because she never answers the phone) and she never called me back, and then was rude when I was running late after I already tried to cancel due to a meeting I had to go to. Also, her dog is running around her office, not just her waiting room, but the actual doctor's room! How is that at all sanitary? She kept questioning my symptoms even though I was coughing profusely right through the door. She then wanted me to make a follow up appointment and got angry when my schedule (I am a student without a car) did not fit hers. In the end, she threatened me by saying if I didn't show up to my follow up appointment, my insurance will charge me immense amounts of money. I have called my insurance and they said they will do no such thing and make sure I do not get billed from her again.

She's the one you want! show details She's the one you want!
by Mary Hendricks on Oct 17th, 2013

If you want a caring, approachable and professional Doctor to treat you and your family, it is Dr. Clarke. She is a wonderful gift to our community. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her services to anyone, young or old. Her staff are wonderful and very helpful, too.

I trust her. She knows her stuff. show details I trust her. She knows her stuff.
by Sherri on Sep 7th, 2013

She listens... I mean really listens. She helped me with problems I never trusted to discuss with other doctors. You don't feel like a mule pushed through the office. She treats you like a person. She knows her stuff. Berkeley, Mayo, Harvard. Grateful to have found her!

The Best! show details The Best!
by john george on Aug 4th, 2013

She is always able to figure out my problems and fix them.

Best doc in town, best I have known. show details Best doc in town, best I have known.
by Jack on Jun 5th, 2013

Smart. Trained at Harvard and the Mayo among others. Listens to you and really hears what you are try to say. Resolved problems no other doctor cared about. My wife likes her too.

THE BEST FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY show details THE BEST FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Jul 4th, 2012

Dr. Clarke hands down is the best doctor in town. I should know, I am a nurse. She resolved two irritating medical problems within months. I had gone to doctors for decades trying to get help. All the others refused to do the tests I needed. I thank God she is thorough. Thats what I want from a doctor, someone who will take the time to find out the cause and not just give me another pill. I have been able to get a same day appointment every time I asked. I know some people gave her a negative review. I know some of these people as a nurse. Complainers who dont get there drugs, or instant refills they may not need. If you want an excellent doctor shes the one for the whole family. If all you want is a Doc-in-the Box to pass out drugs galore go to Mexico.

ALWAYS LISTENS TO ME show details ALWAYS LISTENS TO ME
Jun 24th, 2012

Shes a keeper! I have never had a doctor listen so well. At first I just wanted her to refill my medications. I am generally healthy. Just needed my asthma medications. But she said a Primary Care Physicians job is to teach prevention. She did the most comprehensive physical exam I have ever received. Did a blood, urine, and stool lab. Then showed me how to take care of my asthma with fewer medications and fewer doctor visits. She also cured my heartburn I thought was from what I ate. I love Mexican food. It wasnt from the food; it was because I have an infection in my gut. She gave me a pack of antibiotics. Now I can eat all the Mexican food I want. Glad to have found her. I recommend her to all my friends.

BEST DOCTOR EVER! show details BEST DOCTOR EVER!
Apr 22nd, 2012

I brought my kids to her. That's saying something. Thorough, smart, helpful, kind.

Found the Problem and Fixed IT! show details Found the Problem and Fixed IT!
Nov 6th, 2011

I'm a Registered Nurse and always thought I could figure out my own health problems....but not so. I like this Doctor. She is very matter of fact and analytical. Asked me dozens of questions about my symptoms, family history and lifestyle, then did dozens of tests. Zeroed in on the abnormal results and then offered me 2 options: "prescription medicine" or "change your evil lifestyle ways". I chose the later and am much happier and healthy for it. I will go back to this one.

Money Grubbing Unprofessional "Dr" show details Money Grubbing Unprofessional "Dr"
Aug 2nd, 2011

Where to start??? the fee for using check or credit card for co-pay, the fee for renewing a prescription, the continual expectation to schedule appt for every little thing rather than take care of it on the spot or even during the next scheduled appt, no respect for patients time, requiring inappropriate tests-using elephant gun approach when fly-swatter would do, will not give out paper prescription-insists it's illegal for her to do so-LIAR, misses on basic diagnosis, rudeness,overall incompetence...look at the ratings most of the recent ratings are much different than previous ratings. As patients for 4 years, we saw a significant decline in the practice and treatment we received. Her education and credentials aren't worth anything if she doesn't follow the Hippocratic oath...or maybe she doesn't know what that is. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regret show details Regret
May 26th, 2011

I regret giving any of my info to this office. I regret seeing them, they did nothing for me but stress me out, the entrance interview is not even related to health issues that she deals with. She requires 5 different office visits for one simple thing. I am very disappointed in this office and will never ever return.

A Godsend show details A Godsend
by Preston Davis on Jan 28th, 2011

I am on a ventilator and bedridden. Before finding Dr. Clarke, if I had a medical issue, I had to wait until it progressed to a point that I had to go to a hospital, by ambulance, for treatment. There was no way to receive medical care since I could not go to a doctor's office. Someone told us of a doctor that did house calls. This was hard to believe, but sure enough, Dr. Clarke does just that. And, we live a good ways out of town down rough dirt roads.I have been so impressed with her. She is a no-nonsense kind of doctor and very, very thorough. She even gave me an email address to use to update her on my condition or to ask questions about my care or any issues I may have.I wish more doctors did this. I am sure there are very many that could benefit.

Messes up your credit when you pay her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! show details Messes up your credit when you pay her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 24th, 2010

Be careful with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love her show details love her
Oct 30th, 2010

wow, seems people either love her or hate her. as for me...she identified the problem and is adjusting my medicines based on how i feel. that's more than any other Dr. has done. she is focused on finding the cause, not treating or covering up the symptoms. true, she didn't seem to care much about what i thought it was...but rather did tests to identify the real problem. i'm glad she's stuborn about doing tests. bottom line is: she found the right answer. i'm sticking with her.

Sep 17th, 2010

Great staff. The nurse and office manager are delightful people. The Dr. on the other hand was cold on my first visit and rude/offensive on my second (and last) visit. Not only did she argue with me about my temperature being high (which is generally the case) she had the nerve to scold me for a previous doctor's recommendation. She had entirely forgotten my previous visit, that I had read my previous records (of which I had copies with me), and she had retained my records to have added to my file. I have never experienced this bad of service at McDonald's. Why would I accept it of my doctor?

Rude, Insulting and Incompetent show details Rude, Insulting and Incompetent
Jun 3rd, 2010

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Clarke. She tried to order a huge and unnecessary range of tests for a very minor problem. When I explained that I had bad insurance and couldn't afford it, she accused me of not prioritizing my health and stormed out of the room angry. Then, she automatically sent a prescription to my insurance company even though I had not asked her to. They sent me the medicine and then billed me for it, even though I had not authorized the charge. On top of all of this, it was the WRONG MEDICINE! Not even the kind I take. This is a severe and dangerous level of incompetence. Do some research - Dr. Clarke has had several censures from the AZ Board of Medicine for similar offenses. She should be stripped of her medical license.

Oct 2nd, 2009

My experience with Dr. Clarke was absolutely dreadful. I don't know if was a bad day for her or what, but she didn't care for my problems at all. She looked at me like I was a martian. I was in horrible abdominal pain and she couldn't care less. In my opinion she was a horrible doctor. The receptionist was nice though.

BEST Doctor in Flagstaff! show details BEST Doctor in Flagstaff!
by FlagstaffMan on Sep 28th, 2008

We have finally found a GREAT doctor. Dr. Clarke is smart, thorough, gives you the time you need and has a GREAT staff. Look her up for yourself... her website is SheDoc.familydoctors.net.

She's the best doctor in town. show details She's the best doctor in town.
by hardworkingman on Sep 22nd, 2008

She went to great schools: Dartmouth, University Minnesota/Rochester Mayo, UCBerkeley. She has been right on with all my problems. She's a patient advocate. She's great, try it out.

Sep 12th, 2008 on yahoo.com

We feel very lucky to have found Dr. Clarke. A quick review of her education gives you a clue of how smart she is. The White House even gave her an award. She sure is a state-of-the-art physician. What I like most about her is she puts me at ease. Most gu

Aug 29th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Our family has been going to Dr. Clarke for over three years. She figured out what was wrong with me when no one else would take the time to listen. Our kids love her. She was ordained a minister before she went to medical school and it shows. She is comp

May 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

She is THE most helpful doctor I have met. No doctor has taken so much time with me. I have never had such a complete physical. I had medical problems no one could figure out... she did. My kids love her, even my husband says she's great. He has sent a bu