Dr. Patricia Peterson Fontenot DO Patient Reviews

3.4

May 11th, 2016
My family has been seeing Dr. Patricia Peterson Fontenot since they were born. Children 19,18,17, 7. We have loved being a patient of hers. She would be the first pediatrician I would recommend to family and friends. The staff has always been wonderful and we have followed her during her career following several location moves. (Mesquite, Forney, to Sunnyvale) That is how highly we value her as our family doctor. However, after the unprofessional display and poor bedside manner she displayed in front of my children (her patients) we are firing her as our family doctor. Below is an outline of events. 5/5/16: Appointment made for Lauren Lopez for shots for her clinical program. 5/11/16: Daughter arrives with her brother ( age 19) for appointment. 8:59 am: Daughter calls stating if we have a copy of her current shot record. I told Lauren we have been a patient of Dr. Fontenot since she has been born, they should have those records. The nurse gets on the phone and I tell her the same information. She states that they no longer have access to old records do to a facility move; but will do a titer and check her blood for the Hepatitis vaccine. I am okay with that and hang up. 9:12 am: I get a text message from my son that Dr. Fontenot is requesting a copy of her most recent shot records. I call him and request to speak to the doctor. She opts to put me on speaker phone. I tell her we have been a patient of hers since Lauren was born. She very rudely states “I know that and haven’t seen her in 2 yrs.” She has not needed to see you during this time. Again, I state you have the most current shot record. She states “No, I did not give her the 7 yr. old shots, I cannot find it in my records. “ Again I tell her we only see her. At this time she is irate and yelling at me stating we are waiting to the very last minute to gets these shots and now we want her to jump through hoops to get them done. I remind her “Dr. Fontenot I have four children who see you, I do not appreciate the attitude.” This makes her even more upset, yelling and she scolds me on how she is supposed to do a TB test but there office is closed on Saturday. I tell her at the time of scheduling this was conveyed, this is the date the office scheduled me for. I am well aware of how a TB test is done. She then again yells at me “Well if you know then you know I cannot do it this late notice.” By this time I am done with the lack of bedside manner she is displaying in front of my 16 yr. old daughter and son. Who by the way are her patients and have been since birth. I thanked her for her time and stated we will be looking for another doctor to care for our family and I disconnect the call. My son calls back to tell me as they were leaving she was very unprofessional stating, “Oh well she just won’t be in the program.” By the way Dr. Fontenot the date on the letter is a soft date, we spoke with the program director and were given more time. You would have known that had you chose to listen instead of attack. This exhibit of behavior just demonstrates that I and my family were just “paycheck” for her. And how can she not have access to my family’s old records.

March 18th, 2016
A great doctor
Dr Fontenot and her staff is excellent always answers any questions I have or concerns expecially since my son is autistic. Dr Fontenot is very thorough about making sure she looks over my son well and always answers my questions.

December 24th, 2014
The staff is absolutely horrible. I called to get my son in because he has been running a fever for two days. They set the appointment and called me back about 20 min later when I was headed that way saying they had to have his ins card because my ins changed. My ins never changed and his card was on file. I informed her of that and she then go an attitude with me saying I DID have different ins at that time and I will NOT be seen if I don't have my NEW card. My son is not well at all and thanks to them, will not get better. Thank God for ER's.

July 22nd, 2014
unorganized
I have 3 small children with no help. I made an appt. The office called and changed it. So I take off work rush there for them to tell me I need a medicaid card. So I missed work and rushed for nothing. So I get card 5 to 7 days reschedule appt. Appt. Is at 930am so of course I have to miss work again. So I go into the office and they tell me they don't take his insurance because he gets ssi. Wow, Could they not have told me from day one and not put me through this escapade.

April 19th, 2012
Mom
My 2 girls 9 and 3 visited doctor Fontenot for the 2 time in her new facility my 3 year old was very tired my 9 year old was going allergy testing and ...

August 18th, 2009
Dr. Fontenot is a wonderful doctor the majority of my family goes to her. I tell everybody about her and tell them to take their kids to her. i have 2 children and i would never take them to another doctor.