Dr. Patricia Geil MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

November 21st, 2013
We called Dr. Geil's answering service at night on a weekend when our daughter was sick, she called back and we described her symptoms. Dr. Geil said it sounded like a virus and we needed to just wait it out. Four days later our daughter was still really sick and had a very high fever. I scheduled an appointment and brought her in to see Dr. Geil that day. Dr. Geil came into the room and checked our daughter's ears and pressed on her belly and said she does not have an infection and she would not be writing a prescription for an antibiotic. I explained that our daughter was congested in her nose and not eating normally, Dr. Geil didn't check her nose or her throat and sent us on our way home. That night our daughter was even worse and we called again, the office was closed so we left a message with the answering service. We were told we'd hear back within 20 minutes; 45 minutes went by and we heard nothing. Our daughter was sobbing and not sleeping so we ended up taking her to the emergency room. We were there for hours and were told she had a very severe case of strep throat. The ER doctor asked us why we brought her into the ER if we had seen Dr. Geil that afternoon and I told him, it's because Dr. Geil said there's nothing wrong with her and she has no infection despite the fact that she didn't even check her throat. I paid for the office visit copay and a very high ER visit bill and my daughter suffered quite a bit, all the while Dr. Geil didn't think anything was wrong with her. This was not the first time our concerns weredismissed by Dr. Geil; she's been my daughter's pediatrician for a year and we are moving on to a new doctor. Dr. Geil is absolutely NOT RECOMMENDED.