Dr. Patricia Harris MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 1st, 2011
Worst experience
I've seen Dr Harris a few times in the last few years. She's not the first Gynecologist I've seen (I've moved around a few times in the last 10 years) but she is BY FAR the worst I've dealt with. First, she basically said I would have a hard time being able to conceive children (which brought me to tears, & she never offered a comforting word, and she wasn't even CORRECT... another Dr I saw a week later completely disproved her diagnosis) & said hurtful things about my weight in front of my husband & I (I'm slender, my parents are slender, & even though I assured her that I eat healthy & exercise, she conveyed the message that she thought I was much too slender.. something no other doctor has ever batted an eye at, & I am WELL within the normal weight limit for my height!!) She also ordered (expensive) tests that I DID NOT approve, nor was I consulted about, & when I got the bill 2 months later (I never received my test results so I never knew they were even done until I got the lab bill) I called her office, took 3 weeks to get have a direct conversation with her, & then she just said that there wasn't anything she could do, that I basically should have known better, & that she orders about 25 of these tests on other women A DAY and she's never been questioned about it, like I was doing to her. And she couldn't possibly have known that I would be this upset with her course of action. She acted like she did nothing wrong! I received the most insincere apology I've ever received... horrible considering it's her job to do what is in the best interest for her patients & to establish a trusting relationship. I would never recommend her.

February 23rd, 2011
not much
Basically I loved the staff here, but I didn't feel like Dr. Harris answered my questions or explained any details of the HUGE decisions I had to make. Think I got more help with questions from the personnel answering the phones after my appointment.I'm super naive in this area and was hoping for more info, but didn't get it. I don't think you can assume "everybody knows" these things, especially as the doctor that has years of knowledge invested in them. I was obviously confused and indecisive, but didn't get much help or sensitivity to that. I would say if you already know your stuff, and just want to get in and out, she's perfect. And she's a nice lady!But if you're young/naive, I definitely advise going to someone that's a little better at explaining and helping with decisions...

August 9th, 2010
Dr. Harris delivered my first child after having a miscarriage and fertility issues.I found her very easy to talk to and I never felt rushed. She took the time to explain anything I was unsure about.She also did a great job helping deliver my baby.

September 23rd, 2009
She was not horrible. She was pretty nice but I left confused with a million questions that went unanswered. I got a lot of assumptions an no explanations. I ended up changing doctors to someone who would sit down and go over my diagnosis with me.

May 12th, 2009
I enjoyed Dr. Harris and I believe she is a good doc but the office staff was confused and I felt they were inept and did not know what they were doing.

January 12th, 2017