Some ratings provided by DrScore.
The BEST Orthopedic Surgeon.....Period!!' show details The BEST Orthopedic Surgeon.....Period!!'
by William Taylor on Feb 25th, 2015

My daughter had a bad ACL tear and our Ortho referred her to Dr. Kolowich. We were seen right away and scheduled for surgery the next day. My daughter who is a multi sport athlete was told that this injury was probably a sports ending injury which devastated my daughter and her collegiate dream's. Dr. Kolowich was SUPER throughout the entire process and her ability as a surgeon AWESOME! My daughter made a complete recovery with no complications and minimal scarring from her surgery. I never waited very long for an appointment but would gladly do so to have Dr. as my surgeon. She is very up front and won't sugar coat her findings so if you are looking for a jovial bedside manner you won't find one. She is way to busy for small talk but very willing to spend the time with you so that you completely understand your situation! Please don't pass up this Dr. if you have a serious injury....my child deserved the best and got it! Thanks Dr. I for taking care of Mikayla.

Tops in her Field show details Tops in her Field
May 17th, 2014

I saw Dr. Kolowich after being diagnosed with necrosis of the shoulder bone. I was referred by a patient who said she was knowledgeable and awesome in her field. She is precise and to the point and will not sugarcoat anything. She was friendly and spend the time with me to explain my situation and recommended a total shoulder replacement which was pretty much what other doctor's had advised as well. Although her office hours at the main campus are difficult to get appts for and sometimes the wait is LONG... it is well worth the expertise of this doctor. I have no pain, total movement or at least 98% movement in a shoulder that was painful and totally frozen. She knows her stuff... she's tops in her field. I would recommend her to anyone with a similar problem or any shoulder issues.

Letter Carrier show details Letter Carrier
by Michael Hartwell on Feb 17th, 2014

Thank you for your expertise & guidance throughout my surgery and recovery. Your GREAT!

Discouraged and Confused show details Discouraged and Confused
Mar 26th, 2013

I have seen this doctor 3 times over the past year and half. The wait times are long, any where from a half hour to over an hour. Each time, a resident comes in to do the initial exam. Each time I have to recount my experiences. And each time the diagnosis is different. She never seems to have time and never takes the time to thoroughly review my case. Therefore, no progress is made. I have been in varying degrees of pain for nearly 2 years and am thoroughly frustrated with the hap-hazard treatment.

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
May 27th, 2010

Waited over 90 minutes to see her. Her resident was very nice and did the exam of my very painful shoulder. I could hear him telling her his findings as they were right ourside the door talking. When she came in though she asked me the same things he had just told her, and then proceeded to pull and manipulate my arm and compare readings with the resident. I was literally in tears when she sarcastically said that the readings were different then the resident. Do ya think that maybe the pain had something to do with it? She spent all of 5 minutes in the room and said to get an untra sound and physical therapy and see you in 4-6 weeks. WELL-- sorry but I am in so much pain that 4-6 weeks is not acceptable.. The resident was obviously embarassed- I wouldn't take my dog to her. NO Compassion. Maybe she needs to see the movie "The Doctor". She needs to experience what her patients do. I didn't get a diagnosis. I am going to report her to Henry Ford Hospital and whoever else might care about the care she is (not) giving!

Dr Kolowich review show details Dr Kolowich review
Aug 13th, 2009

Waited over 1 hr to see her. Must have been having a rough day. Was not in a good mood, was brief and to the point, but was spot on with her diagnosis. Saw a few other ortho docs prior to my visit w her. Bedside manner was poor but happy with my results as the other docs i saw thought I was nuts. Talented doctor who needs to work on her bedside manner but fixed my knee. At 95% now after being in pain for 3 yrs of being told it's in my head.