Dr. Patricia Llewellyn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 31st, 2016
She earned this review
Like other reviewers, if you aren't a sheep that just nods and follows her directive with no questions asked, she gets annoyed with you. She doesn't even try to hide it. I was scared to have major surgery as any normal human being should be. But she does surgery nearly every day, so she is like a robot, completely void of compassion. After my hysterectomy I went for my post op visit and complained of an "inguinal hernia" bulge that wasn't there before my surgery. Her response: "I was no where near there." Um, yeah, you kinda were. I pressed onward in the face of her defiance and she told me to just live with it, that she had one herself and I shouldn't go through surgery again for something so minor. I hated her from that moment on as I went to another doctor that CARED about solving my problem. Come to find out, I had a super rare female hydrocele of the canal nuk and had to have minor surgery, but that hydrocele was so sensitive, I still guard myself for the pain that I think is coming even though I'm months post op from that follow up surgery. Dr. Lewellyn''s a jerk.

September 12th, 2016
I strongly recommend Dr. Llewellyn to anyone looking for a great doctor. I have known her for many years and have never being disappointed. Very professional and knowledgeable.

June 27th, 2016
Great care for both myself and my young teen daugher
Dr. Llewellyn is a lovely, caring person who treated my teen daughter with kindness and understanding at her first gynecological visit. My daughter was visibly relieved as she'd had a very bad experience several years earlier at a pediatrician's office (of all places!) where she was subjected to an embarrassing exam when she had just come in for a tummy ache, not a gynecological complaint! Dr. Llewellyn had the wisdom and good sense to talk to my daughter first and answer all of her questions before she examined her. It was a great experience and, as a mom, I really appreciate Dr. Llewellyn's care and kindness. I felt very comfortable bringing her to Dr. Llewellyn because I'd had a good experience with her myself.

June 20th, 2016
The dr is nice, but doesn't listen well. I told her and the staff multiple times I had been in before, but it was many years ago. Each time she said okay and we need to get my records from storage and then later seemed surprised when I reminded her she did surgery on me a few times stating she thought I was a new patient. It's like she appeared to be listening, but wasn't. Then she found some concerning things that I was not expecting. Everything else routine that I was originally there for got put on hold and she said I needed to address this first and get an ultrasound. The very next thing said to me was when do I want to schedule the ultrasound. I had to wait for 2 weeks and finally got in for that only to find out it was for a different body part that was part of my "routine" visit she said needed to be on hold. They all acted like I was the biggest idiot for not knowing I needed the important ultrasound done somewhere else. They said they gave me a referral, but they did not. I don't know details like that, it's their job to make sure everything is clear especially when multiple tests are ordered. In all fairness, it's mainly the staff. Despite her confusion if I was an old or new patient, she does seem medically competent and has correctly diagnosed everything. I will go back to her, but double and triple check things with staff. They assume and aren't particularly friendly and automatically assume you're wrong.

June 10th, 2016
Dr. Llewellyn delivered both of my kids. I made sure I had her my second time around. She is very personable, patient, and knowledgeable. She has a great personality and knows what she is doing! Some of these comments I find hard to read but it sounds like some people just cant take an honest answer. She doesn't beat around the bush and will tell you like it is, as she cares for our best interest. The whole office is wonderful and I'd recommend them to anyone!

September 10th, 2015
Patient
Absolutely terrible!!!! Very rushed says "I don't know" far too much for someone who is supposed to be a specialist. Becomes annoyed with questions and has terrible bedside manner. Will not give you an explanation or an option for treatment and is always running at least an hour behind even if you are the first appointment. Dresses very unprofessional and talks to you like you are a child. Would not recommend for anyone!!'

July 14th, 2015
I am thrilled to have found Dr. Llewellyn. She is very knowledgeable with women's issues. She is funny, straightforward, helpful and genuine. She is a mom of twins and really gets a lot of things women go through. I feel her skills are there in abundance and she will be someone I can count of for proper diagnoses and thoroughness, should I need that in the future!

July 8th, 2015
I was referred to her after Joy Wolf retired and she is great! Always very pleasant and professional.

March 18th, 2015
Sounds like she used to be compassionate, not anymore. Very condescending.

January 15th, 2015
She is direct and no non-sense. That's fine when treating a cold or flu, but when dealing with a major surgery, she could be more patient and understanding when someone has doubts, questions, concerns. I have no doubts about her capabilities post op, but I took a chance and prayed. Before surgery I wasn't convinced it was right for me. I would have liked more reassurance I was making the right choice, but she seemed frustrated I was bothering her about the trivialities of a major surgery. Just a bit more patience, a touch more understanding and a tad of compassion and she would be an amazing doctor.

October 11th, 2013
Dr. Llewelyn is a wonderful doctor. She is very caring and compassionate. Not only is she knowledgeable, she makes you feel comfortable and she is very easy to talk to! I highly recommend her.

April 30th, 2012
She is caring, listens and makes you feel very comfortable. She also did an endometrial ablation on me some years ago, which is the best thing that has happened to me! What a relief! No more pain or hassles. The procedure was fast and easy - I only wish I had done it earlier. I highly trust and recommend her!