Dr. Patricia Norris MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2016
Find someone else
I would absolutely not recommend Dr. Patricia Norris. I carefully researched my decision in my first dermatology visit. I wanted a skin check and also to discuss solutions for my aging skin. I was interested in treatments. Dr. Norris saw me for less than 5 minutes. She walked into the room with a man scribe, apparently she cannot take her own notes, and looked over my naked front and then back and that was it. Her only recommendation was that I wear sunscreen, which i already do religiously. She also had her assistant test me to purchase a make-up product. It was the worst experience with a medical professional that I have ever had. There was absolutely no consultation and having a man in the room for no real function was very off-putting.

February 10th, 2014
Good doctor, HORRIBLE staff!
After having a mole removed and checked several times, I acrued a balance due for $64. Not $600, not $300, not even $100. SIXTY FOUR DOLLARS. I scheduled an appointment to have some red spots on my hand looked at and once I arrived for my appointment, the desk lady pulled up my account, got up and started whispering to another lady IN FRONT OF ME and the second lady asked me to step into some empty side room and wouldn't tell me why. Yes, this lady made me nervous as she was standing in front of the door like she was blocking me from leaving. She then proceeded to TELL me to sit down and started chastising and lecturing me about my past due amount of $64 like I was some delinquent child, going on to say "We are very protective of Dr Norris here and will do what we can to provent people from getting services for free". EXCUSE ME?? This lady spoke to me as if I was robbing them at gunpoint and I literally told her she needed to stop speaking to me as if I had commited a crime and let me out of that room. As much as I wanted to run out of the office in tears, I stopped at the desk and paid my balance to show them I was not a thief, then told them they completely humiliated and mortified me and I will be filing a complaint, which I did. Bottom line, Dr Norris is wonderful, but don't even THINK of letting any payment, whether it be $6 or $64 with them go past due or her office minion henchwomen will humiliate you.

August 30th, 2013
excellent dermatologist, professional office
Best dermatologist on West Coast - seriously. My family makes appointments with Dr. Norris whenever they fly in from out of state. She is super duper smart, quick, not a "beauty quack" but someone who helps with real skin problems (believe her expertise is in contact dermatology, like problems with work or chemical interactions). Office does not take samples from drug reps so they are serious about providing meaningful consult and prescriptions, not quick fixes like "beauty facials". She's treated me, my kids (now in their twenties), my husband, my parents, and countless friends over the years - for a variety of things from eczema to nail bed problems to lasering out broken capillaries and veins. Office is quick and efficient - not a spa, but a real medical office with an OHSU professor as your doctor.

April 3rd, 2013
Dr Norris is a careful and caring doctor with outstanding diagnostic skills. Wonderful experience with the Dr. Norris and her professional staff.

March 16th, 2013
Dr. Norris is very efficient and straightforward, yet very friendly and approachable. A fantastic doctor!

November 3rd, 2012
Smart, caring, and good sense of humour!
I'm a 52 year old male patient of Dr. Norris for the last ten years. Over these years I've had a few suspicious lesions removed from my neck (that luckily turned out to be nothing!). She was quite skilled with this; no pain or scars. Personality is caring, easygoing and witty.I've also had about six laser treatments on hands and face for cosmetic reasons. Every time has been effective and a fair price. The new laser technician, Helen, is really good, too. Front staff on occasion has been a bit aloof, but on the phone they always answer and I've always been able to make a timely appoinment. Every visit I've had to wait from 10 to 30 minutes. All in all, I wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Very confident with this doctor.

January 26th, 2012
FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT
Patty Norris is friendly and down-to-earth. She is incredibly efficient -- biopsies in two minutes, excision of moles in 10 minutes. Best dermatologist I've ever had!

October 19th, 2010
No Time, No bedside manner
I've seen Dr.Norris for about a year. My appt.'s usually last about 10 minutes, 7 minutes in the waiting room and 3 minutes of actual face-to-face time. She's rarely takes the time to thoroughly inspect my skin. The last treatment was performed by her PA who had quickly applied my treatment and had me wait in the busy waiting room with solution on my face for an hour. Then, I was never given proper post-procedure instructions or care and was discounted when I expressed my apprehensions about the procedure. Ironically, I am not alone in my experience. I have spoken with two other people who have had similar experiences. I continued to see her for a year because she is supposedly one of the best dermo's in Portland. But I've decided to find another doctor.

December 11th, 2009
Great Staff
The physician's assistant that treated me seemed like she had a lot of experience in using lasers. She was definitely more experienced than the dermatologist that has treated me in the past. She made me feel comfortable and had time to answer my questions. I will definitely go back there when I will need to get the treatments. The only thing I didn't like was the waiting time. I had to wait for 30 minutes before they called me into the room and then I had to wait another 25-30 minutes before they actually start treating me.

September 20th, 2009
zip bam thank you Mam:-/
Zip bam ...nice lady but she needs to slow down...quick draw mcgraw...in & out ...now what did i forget ...? That being said ......office staff great ...doc was nice but needs to SLOW down and let patient talk to her...but no it was zip bam & into the next room she went. Unbelievable..

November 23rd, 2016