Dr. Patricia Osullivan MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics Oakdale, NY

January 27th, 2016
Social Worker
I started going to Dr.O'Sullivan when I thought I might be pregnant. She is amazing, as are all the doctor's & staff. Her husband is also a M.D. in the practice. It really is a family environment !

March 24th, 2015
Just a number
I was a patient of Dr. O'Sullivan for about 15 years. Although she is very nice and patient, I switched away from this practice when I was about 35 weeks pregnant and I'm so glad I did. I was able to forgive the wait times, at times waiting over 2.5 hours after my appointment time! But my reason for switching was that for my entire pregnancy I was only able to see MY doctor twice. The remaining times I saw Dr. Bakshi and Dr. Lopes. Both were condescending and patronizing. I said I didn't want an episiotomy; I was told I didn't have a choice. I said I wanted to try to have my baby without pain medications or an epidural, and instead of asking what I was doing to prepare for a drug free birth I was told "you just don't understand how much pain you will be in. Trust me, you'll be begging for an epidural". Really doc? Because being a male, you've experienced labor pains? I also had a feeling that my labor would be very long (which it was 31 hours) and in a nutshell I was told their c-section rate was around 50% which is disturbing to me. No doubt in my mind I would have been told I'm not progressing and need to have a c-section like so many other moms I know. I felt like I would have no say in the birth of my child. All of these things pointed me in another direction to find a practitioner that would listen to my concerns, help me follow my birthing plan, and guide me through the most amazing experience I have ever had. My point to this is to understand that birthing a child is a natural process that doesn't always require major medical intervention just because it may take a while. Your OB doesn't always know better, especially when they tell you "you'll be begging for an epidural". Well apparently you don't know me buddy!

February 20th, 2015
patient
very,very nice and courteous staff and dr. o'sullivan is a wonderful dr.