Dr. Patricia Teach Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patricia Teach?

September 30th, 2016

Disappointed- I urge you to find another doctor.

For years, I went to Dr. Teach for my annual appointment and really liked her. HOWEVER, that all changed during my first pregnancy. I left every doctor's appointment feeling empty and that she just didn't listen or care about my concerns. It seemed like she wanted to rush out of every appointment and was annoyed with all my first time pregnancy questions. At 35 weeks, I had a regularly scheduled appointment and told her I had been having a miserable pain between my ribs and I was worried. She continually told me it was heartburn and to take Maalox...even after I told her no heartburn medicines were working and I was almost positive it was different that it felt different. I trusted her at first that I was being over cautious, but thankfully listened to my gut. Every time I called her office to ask for a work excuse (it was so bad I couldn't get out of bed some mornings) or what I should do, the nurse just said she couldn't and that if it was "that bad" to go to the hospital. I always felt like I was bothering the office and never taken seriously. She never once offered to take lab work in her office or look further into it herself. I understand I had no other symptoms at the time I was in your office, but I still think she should have listened to her patient, especially when epigastric pain is the number one symptom of Hellp. Well, it is a GOOD thing I went to labor and delivery two days later. I was suffering from Class 1 Hellp Syndrome and almost died, along with my baby. Afterwards, when she came and saw me, I still felt like she did not understand or feel bad about her not looking farther into it. Dr. Lindauer, in the office, did deliver me and was wonderful during and after- holding my hand every step of the way. Unfortunately, the doctors have a ridiculous agreement in which you cannot switch doctors within the practice. Even afterwards, I continued to get infections, and the office was awful to work with, including billing. I was billed for every little thing. Because Dr. Teach chose not to look into my situation more when I complained to her, I was too late to deliver vaginally and will have to have a c-section this time. I absolutely refuse to go through another pregnancy with her and highly recommend that you choose another doctor. The only positive was after she finally decided to look into my infection the second time and send me back to the hospital, she called me at home to let me know what was wrong. Please pick a different practice.

January 9th, 2016

horrible surgeon

I would tell a friend to run very very fast. I had a hysterectomy and had horrible complications involving my urinary tract. After asking around I am under the understanding that Dr Teach is a horrible surgeon and most people that work with her in the operating room would never recommend her. She has a horrible attitude as well. Run away--do not let this physician operate on you... I changed physicians and couldn't be happier.

June 30th, 2014

Though definitely not my most favorite apt. of the year, I love this Dr. Office . Dr. Teach is , and the entire medical facility are so nice. The atmosphere is clean and calming . I have been a patient here since 2001.

April 23rd, 2013

Wonderful OB!

Dr. Teach is one of the best doctors I've ever had. I truly wish she could be my regular physician and not just my OB/GYN. She has a wonderful personality. She listens and talks with you about your concerns. She is very professional while being extremely caring at the same time. I actually look forward to seeing her. She delivered both of my children and everything was great! If you are looking for an OB/GYN, I would recommend her without hesitation.

February 13th, 2013

Excellent Dr.

After disappointing experiences with another doctor in Columbus, I was referred to Dr. Teach by a friend. Dr. Teach is exactly what I was looking for in an OB/GYN. I have been her patient for 4 years. In my experience, she is professional, knowledgable, personable, and accurate. Her bedside manner is exceptional. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Teach to anyone looking for a great OB/GYN.

July 19th, 2012

Worst Doctor Experience that I have ever had!!!

Dr. Patricia Teach does not deserve the title of doctor. I would feel more comfortable getting medical advice from a potted plant. I went there because I was having pain. I got told that it was pretty much in my head. I was also told that all birth control pills are pretty much the same, oh and I don't know the size of my husband! After reccommending STD testing (I just agreed to shut her up), I get billed over a hundred dollars because they coded it wrong! It was more expensive to go to her wiith health insurance then when I paid out of pocket without insurance! Oh and I get billed for a sick visit...when all she did was tell me it was in my head! Thankfully I decided to go to a different doctor who FOUND A TUMOR!!! Women know their bodies "Dr." Teach...just because you have a degree doesn't make you God!!! I have never been treated so badly! You better be grateful you aren't facing a medical malpractice suit right now!

Doctor's Response

Mrs. Root~ I am sorry you are unhappy with your experience at my office, but since you were only seen once and cancelled your appointment for a Pelvic Ultrasound to evaluate your complaints I was unaware of your concerns. If you would like to call the office I would be happy to speak with you anytime to discuss your concerns.

SHOW