Dr. Patricia Toohey MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

October 15th, 2015
She's HORRIBLE and RUDE. Doesn't want to help you. Only out to collect your money and get you out the door.

September 26th, 2011
Great doctor
I have been under the care of another physician for some time, and have not been getting any better. After two visits, and some tweeking on my medication, I feel like a new person. am so grateful that I found Dr. Toohey!

June 30th, 2011
Excellent doctor, nice staff. Hard to get them to call with results or return phone calls. Takes at least 2 or 3 tries before you get any information. I believe this is a staff problem not a doctor problem.

February 11th, 2011
Staff not respectful and courteous
My initial physical was fine, however, dealing with the office staff when getting blood results was a nightmare. I had to call multiple times. I asked for a print out, and they said they couldn't provide that information. I asked what my specific levels were for one item in particular, and the nurses aid just said "well, it's a little low". I said "I understood you the first time you said that, I want to know the actual number." She told me she couldn't give that out. Seriously? It's MY bloodwork!

December 13th, 2010
Caring and willing to answer numerous questions/explain my condition at a level that I can understand. Provides prompt follow-up if lab work is necessary. Only complaint is about billing, which took almost 5 months to be resolved.

July 24th, 2010
Uncaring
Dr. Toohey has no compassion for patients and is extreamly rude. Her staff is rude, do not return phone calls, and repeatedly mess up billing. I understand that mistakes happen but making the same mistake 4-5 times is a little ridiculous. But, I don't have the greatest insurance so perhaps they are nice to you if you have a cadillac plan. I saw her because I was ill and in pain.

June 8th, 2010
Outstanding physician!
I have been taking my elderly mother to Dr. Toohey for several years. I am always with her. Her care of my mother -- soon to be 89 - is outstanding. She listens carefully for the symptoms, is patient, and tries to find medications to help. She is compassionate, kind, and very knowledgeable about different treatment options. She does not hesitate to schedule different diagnostic tests if they might yield additional information. My son with Down Syndrome, is now also a patient of Dr. Toohey. I very highly recommend her as a physician!

December 16th, 2009
I saw Dr. Toohey after my original doctor retired at the recommendation of a friend who had seen her partner as well and liked them both. The few visits I had were for relatively minor things which she handled appropriately and efficiently. She was friendly and professional. I was quite pleased. None of my problems required much follow-up so I can't comment about that. I stopped seeing her only because I relocated to another state.

November 23rd, 2009
NEW PATIENT
I am new to this area, and discovered Dr. Toohey by searching with my insurance provider. It had been a very long time since I had been to a doctor or had any type of physical. I was very pleased with Dr. Toohey and the office staff, and would not hesitate to recommend them for newbies like myself.

April 28th, 2009
she does not have a compassionate concern for the elderly

July 25th, 2016