A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Patricia Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Patricia Smith is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Patricia Smith, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- She has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Smith has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rex Healthcare Inc.
- WakeMed Cary Hospital
- WakeMed Health and Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Patricia Walsh Smith MD is a female Ophthalmologist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Patricia W. Smith practice?
- Dr. Patricia Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Patricia Smith practices Ophthalmology near Raleigh, NC.
See Raleigh Ophthalmologists.