Dr. Patricia Wheeler MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 26th, 2011
current patient
I have seen the comment about Dr. Wheeler's "turning on you". This had happened to me, too, a couple of times in the past, but it hasn't happened for about two years now. I think she has become aware of this quirk. Recently, I resisted one of her recommendations (e.g., I decided to go off Fosamax, after learning about its complications). She presented arguments for continuing, but accepted my decision not to, without any noticeable pique.Her care and attention are exceptional. She studies your medical record carefully before she comes into the room, she reviews it with you, and is zealous in making sure you are aware of all recommended or upcoming preventative measures. Because of this, if you decide all of a sudden that you want her to look at matters that were not scheduled for, she will justifiably become irritated, since the time allotted for your visit will not be sufficient. You do have to make sure you do not "add" other maladies to the ones for which she is seeing you for that appointment.I have been VERY satisfied with her care ever since I have been seeing her. {I have been her patient ever since she started her practice with Dr. Murphy. I had been her patient before that she was with UofL's Family Practice.}

July 22nd, 2010
She may not be as much of a "friend" as you think.
Dr. Wheeler was my family doc for many years. For a while I shared the positive views of those who have already posted comments. I word of caution, though. She can turn on you and go from friend to adversary in a minute. She misdiagnosed my problem, twice, and two years later I am still living with the consequences of her poor advice and judgment. I switched doctors two years ago, and am finally getting the proper diagnosis and treatment. I stood up for myself with her, but I worry about those who don't, and who accept everything she says as correct, when that may not always be the case. Do your homework on the specialists she refers you to, and listen to your instincts.

April 5th, 2010
My Friend
Patricia is wonderful. She has a great attitude and is very detailed in her evaluation. The Best.

January 4th, 2010
Exceptionally AWESOME Doctor!!

September 24th, 2009
Dr. Wheeler is the epitomy of what a great physician should look to be. Her compassion, intellect, and her guidance is undeniable. I am fortunate to be her patient, and I will continue to be for as long as her doors are open. She is wonderful, and I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone seeking an excellent physician.

October 5th, 2015