Addiction Medicine Specialist, Adolescent Specialist, Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  Barely rememberedm my case and name after 7 years of consistent treatment and appointments  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

Dr. Abbot clearly did not think about you much as a person, and our visits entailed me reminding him of what meds I was on so he could write the scripts, and him trying to vaguely recollect something about me, like "dont you go to those 12 step meetings or something?" In my experience he didnt suggest or advocate 12 step meetings which have the highest success rate in treating addiction, but to sum it up, he had a sign over his desk that said "King of Methadonia" (as in methadone) I prefer being completely clean rather than living on gov't issued opiates such as methadone. Also it took about 3 years of attendance in ASAP to get an appointment with HIM, you start out seeing a range of rotating attendees, who form their own treatment plan, get his approval for it, and before your body can adjust to their meds, they are gone in 6 weeks, and another comes in with new ideas. Its like psych-med roulette, and is very hard on your mind and body. Just wanted to share my experience so you know what to expect.