Dr. William Bernal Jr Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 21st, 2011

I didn't go back

This doctor seemed much more interested in me as a potential paper subject than as a person. When I woke up in Recovery after a procedure, he told me my case was 'technically challenging' and a 'good learning experience for [his] resident. He recommended a hysterectomy, but again I felt it was more for the benefit of the paper he wanted to write than because it was actually the best thing for me.

September 1st, 2010

Stay Away

This man definitely thinks "doctor knows best". He had no regard for my comfort during the delivery of my son. He had the nurse force me onto my back to deliver and shoved his hand inside of me during contractions. He missed an internal tear after the fact and at my 6 week follow up an associate doctor said she didn't see a tear at all. This tear is visible from the outside, 2 years later. I had extreme anxiety after this birth experience, I was bullied and traumatized. Steer clear if you want any semblance of a positive birthing experience.

October 29th, 2009

Dr Bernal has been my OB/GYN for over 20 years. Although he did not deliver any of my children, I feel comfortable with his professionalism. He is not very warm and inviting, but let's face it, the whole gyno visit is usually stressful, so he doesn't spend excessive time chit chatting. He doesn't make eye contact very much, but I believe that is his personality.His staff is very friendly, and his PA's are great!!! No complaints.

October 21st, 2009

Nice Doctor

Dr. Bernal has delivered 3 of my 5 children. He has always had a very professional attitude in all manners. He is kind of aloof - yet caring - and always listens and provides reasons for or against certain procedures and treatments. His office has many female PAs - so when I want to talk to a woman - there is one there to talk to. If you want a doctor who is your friend - Dr. Bernal is not the person. But if you want astute medical opinions and treatment - I think you will be happy.

October 21st, 2008

Worst OBGYN experience

My OBGYN went on a maternity leave. I switched to Dr. Bernal during her leave and had one of the worst medical experiences I have ever had. He was rough and acted as though he cared very little about me as a patient. I left the office in an incredible amount of physical and emotional pain. Since I have nightmares for weeks before my appointment. Awful doctor, highly unrecommended.

April 16th, 2015