Psychiatrist

11980 San Vicente Blvd
Ste 904
Los Angeles, CA 90049
(310) 820-2995
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great, understanding dr who knows his stuff  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Bezdek over the last decade ; he is kind and compassionate yet also efficient. The very few occasions when I've had to wait extra time to start an appointment with him he comes out to explain to me what has occurred, how much longer it will be, etc. Again, this is about three times in the over 10 years I have been his patient. I have since moved much further (farther?) away but still check in with him and he is prompt in returning calls to schedule appointments and is sensitive to the fact that when I do have an appointment with him I have traveled quite a distance and doesn't make me wait and tries to schedule around terrible traffic times. As for diagnosis/treatments: his thoughtfulness, calm demeanor, and quiet humor all add up to a doctor whom I trust, and who doesn't just shove a prescription at me. I have been seeing him since I was a single 20-something until now, married and several children later, and he has been able to help me weather all kinds of crazy changes (without making me feel like *I* am totally crazy...even though I probably am;) There have been times where my spouse and I come in together to discuss issues, and as Dr. B also treats children so I can even ask him questions about parenting/children's issues and get some great insight. Also, when I had a friend in desperate need of help but couldn't get to an appointment Dr B talked to him over the phone and worked out some stuff. Highly, highly recommend!

|  caring  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Bezdek has been good, yes it is true that he is a little late, he does not call back till later in the evening, he is a bit more serious but when you take into consideration his care as a whole these issues above do not define him. He is not there to be your best friend but to evaluate very serious issues that need extreme consentration and thought. Each time I go to his office I get a call shortly after to make sure I am responding well to the medication and the withdraws are not too much to handle. He is willing to explore other avenues before prescribing a medication that may not be the best fit for me and my condtion, such as AA. So overall I would recomend him. But remember he can only do his job if you are completely honest with him and yourself as to how you feel and if you are still using. Share every thought and emotion and you will be surprised as to how much he can accomplish with your road to recovery. Good luc

|  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

Very thorough and very kind.

|  BAD DOCTOR!!! CLIENTS BEWARE!!!  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

this guy is a real piece of work. Clients BEWARE!! you will regret going to this doctor. made me wait over an hour in his waiting room. bad news. he will prescribe unnessary pills for you. extremely expensive and does not take insurance. Does not care about patients at all but, does cares about $$$ should have his medical lisense revoked. BAD DOCTOR! stay away. go to a different doctor, you will be glad that you did.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

Dr. Bezdek identifies the problem and prescribes the Proper Medication.

|  Bad Billing Practices  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

Beware! He sent me two bills that my insurance company should have and would have paid. After Dr. Bezdek's office assistant provided me a copy of the claim forms, I called my insurance company to find out why they didn't pay the bills. My insurance company informed me they NEVER actually received the claims! I confirmed the billing codes to ensure that if the claim was submitted that the visits would be covered, and sure enough, yes the insurance would cover my claims. Not sure why this doctor would make me pay out of pocket rather than charge my insurance company. I thought it was an honest mistake, but after doing some research online, I realized that this is common with him. I bet he thinks it's easier to just bill the client rather than the insurance company! Too bad after calling his office to explain the situation and ask for my money back, his office isn't returning my calls. I WISH I would have read these forums before going to him for help!

|  If you just want to get drugs visit this doctor.  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2010

If you want a non-judgmental physician that will help you work through a current issue,go elsewhere.

|  FRAUD Dr.  |  show details
by Tolstoy on Mar 30th, 2010

Dr, Bezdek has been sued twice for malpractice and now I can see why. He is very corrupt. I admit I was deceived by his behavior. He has fraudulent billing practices.

|  Good Physician, Mediocre Therapist  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2010

Bezdek is a smart guy, but does not come across as the most prompt or caring. He seems to have a good understanding of Psychiatry and medications, but not as good when it comes to Psychotherapy. Do not get me wrong, he tries to care about your problems and tries to propose suggestions, but I often get the feeling he just wants to diagnose the problem, give you your pills and get on with his day.With that said, he got me through a nasty depression with effective re-balancing of medications over the course of a year. It is just now that I am past the main problems and want to improve some minor issues that I find him ineffective.He is also always late. It seems he stacks appointments every 20-30 minutes, so unless you have a morning appointment, you will likely have to wait at least 15 minutes. He also is not good with billing and reimbursements, so make sure you only pay the deductible and do not front the payment your insurance is supposed to make.

|  Thank goodness for this doctor  |  show details
by Shell on Dec 4th, 2009

His diagnosis and treatment regimen helped cure me of a very serious clinical depression a few years ago. His continued support and medication therapy help me stay clear of another episode for which I am very grateful.

|  Caring Help  |  show details
by Elaine on Apr 22nd, 2009

Dr. Bezdek successfully treated my depression with both medication and therapy. He was caring and returned my calls frequently in the evenings.

|  show details
by Annie on Nov 24th, 2008

I only had 2 appointments with Dr Bezdek.The medication, in the dosis he gave, was making me sick. I called him, and he was supposed to call me back, but he never did.I had scheduled another appointment, but I canceled it, letting him know through a phone call, and sending him a letter.He acknowledged receiving the letter.Anyhow, he charged my insurance as if I had the visit. I considered his conduct unprofessional and also unacceptable.Of course, I stop going.