Dr. Patrick Ryan MD Patient Reviews

3.9

October 27th, 2016
Kay
A very nice and polite doctor took the time to explain everything most kind and gentle doctor I have ever had makes you feel totally safe and comfortable Love him <3

October 1st, 2016
Was not really concerned
I would not recommend Dr. Ryan he act as if he is not concerned about how u feel. He looked at my MRI twice and didn't see anything told me it was just my muscles in my back went thru pt for 6 weeks still in pain 2 weeks of work hardening still in pain he looks at the MRI 1 more time and says I'm sorry I don't see how I missed this you have a herniated disc no wonder why you in pain. But the MRI is saying something different I would not allow him to do surgery on me I asked for a second opinion. He would not listen to me when I kept telling him the pain I was in the made me feel as if I was lieing. And his staph could use some manners, the wait time is too long.

July 9th, 2016
Performed surgery on my lower back with totally successful results.

November 5th, 2015
Thirtys feel like 60s
Avoid this guy! He cut me and left me in worse shape than before. Told me the MRI looks fine and he can't do anymore, waited hours, paid thousands, is he just avoiding the posibility of a court case with WC or SSI? I'm the patient and have suffered. The staff are infamous butt-holes and I have seen this first hand, but they have improved at being nicer while you suffer waiting!

August 3rd, 2015
I call him my Angel
I have seen Dr. Ryan for 6 years, I was in chronic pain and every year I would go see him, get an MRI and have him tell me what I knew, that I needed yet another spinal fusion. Well I had 3 prior surgeries to correct my "pain" and it didn't work so I was very hesitant to get the surgery. This year I could take it no longer and Dr. Ryan did my surgery. The minute I woke up I knew he had corrected my problem and fixed me after 15 years of chronic pain. He never pushed me, he was to the point and told me like it was. I have to say I always knew if I did get the courage to have the surgery it would be with Dr. Ryan. He did a spinal fusion on my husband who was living on borrowed time, his heart was only at 30% functioning rate. Most told us that my husband would not make it through the surgery but was he to live in horrific pain the rest of his numbered days? I think the world of Dr. Ryan to take him on and perform the surgery under such circumstances and he assured me my husband would be ok. And he was. He died a few months later but at least he was not in that horrific pain. Thank you Dr. Ryan and your staff. The only complaint I could come up with is it is a long wait at his appointments, I suppose because he is in such demand. But well worth the wait. He gave me a second chance at life and I don't know how I can thank him enough.

May 15th, 2015
entire office in need for some improvement
Dr. Ryan does not spend enuough time with his patients. He does not explain diagnosis to patient where they completely understand. He does not exam patient thoroughly. Bed side manner could use some adjustment .. I didn't feel comfortable as a patient.

January 2nd, 2014
Patient
My husband and I have used Dr. Ryan since 1988 think he is a wonderful Dr. love his bedside manner. He truly cares about people. I have told friends about him and they like him also. We have a great friendship.

October 16th, 2013
He is a nice Dr but, He doesn't explain or show you the test results,unless you ask (we all are not doctors) Symptoms are blown off like they are routine, (To him yes, to average patient no). Very long wait times in uncomfortable chairs. Staff does not make you feel at ease, they walk fast down the hall to your examine room and then gives you looks when you are not as fast as them. After surgery was not examined, would like to have had someone look at the incision area. He needs to be more aware of his patients concerns and not treat everyone as if we all have surgery everyday and it is no big deal.

November 8th, 2012
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY AT THIS OFFICE!!
The waiting time is unbelievable at this office. I waited 4hrs in pain just in the waiting room then another 45min in the room before Dr came in. I've only seen Dr.Ryan one time & after that it was always someone else. The staff is horrible!! They are far from professional & have major attitude. I guess they forget we the patients pay their bills. If this Dr. Doesn't get his staff trained & taught some manners he could lose all his patients very fast. I'm sure I'm not the first that is willing to make the drive to Birmingham to get respectful & timely service. Maybe Dr.Ryan should schedule his entire staff for surgery to remove whatever is up their rear.

October 9th, 2011
The Best
Great Dr did what he thought was best for me! Recovery excellent! Grest follow up

September 21st, 2011