Dr. Patrick Gainey MD Patient Reviews

December 8th, 2016
I don't know who even reads these but I was a patient of Dr Gainey's for about 13 yrs and h has always tried his best to help me with my migraines, whether it was keeping up on the new medication that was coming out, the preventative medicines,the new procedures and the botox. At one point he really felt he couldn't really help me any further and recommended I see another Neurologist, he was very compassionate and always very concerned. Over the past few months I really was only going to see him for follow ups and refills on my daily preventative meds. He was great and I would have given him 5 stars as well however I was completely shocked and still confused how he could just walk away from his practice and abandon all of his patients. Especially ones he knew for many years. Patients that still need daily medication, he just up and leaves. I read on here that this isn't the first time? I dont know how true that is unless it happened before the yr 2002 when I became a patient. I don't know, just very disappointed. Now I have to find another good Neurologist which isn't easy.

September 15th, 2016
Dislike
Went for a scheduled appointment, office was closed. Called multiple times and spoke only to an answeing machine! Finally informed that he moved to California giving office staff 1 week notice. Very unprofessional!!

September 6th, 2016
He abandoned his patients with no warning
I have been getting botox for migraines for years from Dr. Gainey. I have had to wait up to 2 hours in that office for my appointment. The staff regularly screwed up ordering the botox and scheduling it, causing me weeks of unnecessary pain. Prescriptions weren't called in when they were supposed to be. Even though xrays (from a rheumatologist) showed a herniated disc in my neck he wouldn't do any imaging and seemed uninterested in it. He complained all the time about not making enough money, and talked politics during my visits. Uncomfortable. But the worst of all? He totally abandoned his patients. My botox was ready for shipment a few weeks ago- it comes every 3 months. I called the office to schedule and got a recorded message saying he's closed. No warning, no letter, nothing. No records. No referral to someone else. I am disgusted. So I'm going off botox now, because I can't find a doc on my insurance to administer it. Nice going, Dr. Gainey.

August 2nd, 2016
Caring & Compassionate
I have been a patient of Dr. Gainey's for over 16 years. Although I was diagnosed with a neurological disease 15 years prior to seeing him, he confirmed the original diagnosis and outlined an aggressive plan of treatment. He has always taken the time to discuss with me my options for treatment as he continued to keep informed about my disease and the new mefications and clinical trials. I have ALWAYS been completely satisfied with his knowledge and compassionate attitude. He has been very kind, honest and professional. I trusted him for treatment of a very serious disease. He spent the necessary time with each of us that was needed based on our medical circumstances. Yes, I received phone calls after normal business hours from him and.his staff that I greatly appreciated. His administrative staff are excellent too. I will greatly miss Dr. Gainey as a member of my medical team of caretakers. I wish him and his staff the very best!

August 2nd, 2016
Very Professional, will miss him
Dr. Gainey quickly and professionally diagnosed my Shingles when other docs were skeptical and put me on meds to get the relief I needed from the intractable pain. I will miss having him nearby.

July 31st, 2016
He was great and I would have given him 5 stars however he just walked away from his practice abandoning all of his patients. Supposedly phones are being answered by his staff to fill medications and send records however all I've gotten was a machine and no call backs... Pure abandonment and I've learned this is not the first time!

April 13th, 2016
Dr. Gainey really cares.
Amazing Old school Doctor who really cares about treating you correctly and with compassion. He is very accommodating to all your needs, answers any and all questions, and does not rush you in and out like most doctors do. I do warn there is a longer than usual wait time but well worth it.

March 30th, 2016
He's the best
I have been a patient of Dr. Gainey for many years. He's efficient and effective in the various diagnoses I received. I'm seeing him shortly for sharp pains on my forehead which I heard were migraine symptoms. Despite the fact that he keeps moving west, he's the best.

February 27th, 2015
Totally incompetent !
If there had been a lower score than 1 , I would've chosen what he deserves. I saw Dr. Gainey for 3 years from 2005-2008. I have had MS since 1999 and was stable at the time. In 2007 I was diagnosed with cancer. Dr. Gainey took me off my MS meds insisting I could never be on MS meds ever again because I needed to have radiation. After 6 months of being off my MS meds I had a major relapse. I went to the hospital and he never came because he said he was too busy. He was part of a large group at the time who appartently were just as useless. Eventually after 3 days osuddenly being unable to walk and having double vision he sent a retired neurologist that he had worked with at one time. This Dr. didn't see MS patients at all. Now nearly 7 years later I need to use a wheelchair. When I had explained this to my new neurologist, he looked at me and shook his head in exasperation. He is totally incompetent. YDon't put your life in life in his hands !

September 28th, 2014
Awesome Doctor
Dr. Gainey is warm, caring professional who personalizes your care.

June 26th, 2014
Don't Go to Dr Gainey
I would never use Dr Gainey again. After my exam I had a question I wanted to ask him. I called his office multiple times but he never returned my calls. His staff told me he's very busy with patients. I explained I just had a very brief question and even left the question with his staff. He never had the courtesy to respond. I was told I could pay for another visit ( even though I had been there just a few days prior) if I wanted my question answered. I would say that's very unethical and I would not trust him.

April 28th, 2013
A Nightmare of an office
This office was a nightmare. First I went with my mom to an office that wasn't the Doctors because he has no elevator were his office is. We waited over 1 hour in a small cramped office. His secretary was no were to be found. She finally showed up and there was mass confusion. We finally went into the office to meet the Doctor without even giving my mom one test and with no records told her she may need a stent in my head. Needless to say she turned stark pale and was terrified. Then the Doctor told her to get an MRA and his office would get the approval from the insurance company. Well we waited and waited finally after three weeks, against my mothers wishes I called the office and was told the records are in his other office and call back tomorrow. I called the next day and was told that she would get back to me. I waited half a day and no call. Finally I called the health care provider to find out that the Doctors office had never requested the approval. I called the office back and informed her what I found out the woman was really rude. I told her if she didn't get the approval by the end of day I would make an appointment to see the Doctor. About 7 o'clock P.M. his office called and gave me 2 numbers for 1 MRA? I called the provider and neither number was for my mother but for two men with different names. They told me not to take her back to this Doctor which I heartly agreed with. But I did call the office back and instead of appologizing for her mistake the woman started screaming at me then started yelling don't yell at me, I assume the Doctor was near by. This was a nightmare. But all worked out with a different Doctor, fast appointment, lovely office no MRA which doesn't even exist but MRI with and without contrasts are the tests. An my mom did not need stents in her head she was actually fine and the new doctor made his diagnosis like a Doctor should after the tests not before. No one should be treated like we were at this office.