Dr. Patrick Gainey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patrick Gainey?

August 27th, 2017

Awesome

He is awesome and really helped me!

April 6th, 2017

UNPROFESSIONAL

Found out that Dr. Gainey up and moved his practice to California with no warning to his patients. I called numerous times to get my medical records only to leave a message on an answering machine. No return calls, no medical records, nothing! Very unprofessional!!

March 27th, 2017

Dr. Gainey is the best

Dr Gainey works with you to arrive at a treatment plan that suits you. He truly cares about his patients.

December 8th, 2016

I don't know who even reads these but I was a patient of Dr Gainey's for about 13 yrs and h has always tried his best to help me with my migraines, whether it was keeping up on the new medication that was coming out, the preventative medicines,the new procedures and the botox. At one point he really felt he couldn't really help me any further and recommended I see another Neurologist, he was very compassionate and always very concerned. Over the past few months I really was only going to see him for follow ups and refills on my daily preventative meds. He was great and I would have given him 5 stars as well however I was completely shocked and still confused how he could just walk away from his practice and abandon all of his patients. Especially ones he knew for many years. Patients that still need daily medication, he just up and leaves. I read on here that this isn't the first time? I dont know how true that is unless it happened before the yr 2002 when I became a patient. I don't know, just very disappointed. Now I have to find another good Neurologist which isn't easy.

September 15th, 2016

Dislike

Went for a scheduled appointment, office was closed. Called multiple times and spoke only to an answeing machine! Finally informed that he moved to California giving office staff 1 week notice. Very unprofessional!!

September 6th, 2016

He abandoned his patients with no warning

I have been getting botox for migraines for years from Dr. Gainey. I have had to wait up to 2 hours in that office for my appointment. The staff regularly screwed up ordering the botox and scheduling it, causing me weeks of unnecessary pain. Prescriptions weren't called in when they were supposed to be. Even though xrays (from a rheumatologist) showed a herniated disc in my neck he wouldn't do any imaging and seemed uninterested in it. He complained all the time about not making enough money, and talked politics during my visits. Uncomfortable. But the worst of all? He totally abandoned his patients. My botox was ready for shipment a few weeks ago- it comes every 3 months. I called the office to schedule and got a recorded message saying he's closed. No warning, no letter, nothing. No records. No referral to someone else. I am disgusted. So I'm going off botox now, because I can't find a doc on my insurance to administer it. Nice going, Dr. Gainey.

August 2nd, 2016

Caring & Compassionate

I have been a patient of Dr. Gainey's for over 16 years. Although I was diagnosed with a neurological disease 15 years prior to seeing him, he confirmed the original diagnosis and outlined an aggressive plan of treatment. He has always taken the time to discuss with me my options for treatment as he continued to keep informed about my disease and the new mefications and clinical trials. I have ALWAYS been completely satisfied with his knowledge and compassionate attitude. He has been very kind, honest and professional. I trusted him for treatment of a very serious disease. He spent the necessary time with each of us that was needed based on our medical circumstances. Yes, I received phone calls after normal business hours from him and.his staff that I greatly appreciated. His administrative staff are excellent too. I will greatly miss Dr. Gainey as a member of my medical team of caretakers. I wish him and his staff the very best!

August 2nd, 2016

Very Professional, will miss him

Dr. Gainey quickly and professionally diagnosed my Shingles when other docs were skeptical and put me on meds to get the relief I needed from the intractable pain. I will miss having him nearby.

August 1st, 2016

He was great and I would have given him 5 stars however he just walked away from his practice abandoning all of his patients. Supposedly phones are being answered by his staff to fill medications and send records however all I've gotten was a machine and no call backs... Pure abandonment and I've learned this is not the first time!

April 13th, 2016

Dr. Gainey really cares.

Amazing Old school Doctor who really cares about treating you correctly and with compassion. He is very accommodating to all your needs, answers any and all questions, and does not rush you in and out like most doctors do. I do warn there is a longer than usual wait time but well worth it.

March 30th, 2016

He's the best

I have been a patient of Dr. Gainey for many years. He's efficient and effective in the various diagnoses I received. I'm seeing him shortly for sharp pains on my forehead which I heard were migraine symptoms. Despite the fact that he keeps moving west, he's the best.

February 27th, 2015

Totally incompetent !

If there had been a lower score than 1 , I would've chosen what he deserves. I saw Dr. Gainey for 3 years from 2005-2008. I have had MS since 1999 and was stable at the time. In 2007 I was diagnosed with cancer. Dr. Gainey took me off my MS meds insisting I could never be on MS meds ever again because I needed to have radiation. After 6 months of being off my MS meds I had a major relapse. I went to the hospital and he never came because he said he was too busy. He was part of a large group at the time who appartently were just as useless. Eventually after 3 days osuddenly being unable to walk and having double vision he sent a retired neurologist that he had worked with at one time. This Dr. didn't see MS patients at all. Now nearly 7 years later I need to use a wheelchair. When I had explained this to my new neurologist, he looked at me and shook his head in exasperation. He is totally incompetent. YDon't put your life in life in his hands !