1.0

Horrible Doctor show details Horrible Doctor
Apr 24th, 2015

Worst bedside manner I have ever seen. See someone else if u can.

Who does he think he is??? show details Who does he think he is???
by ER Patient on 10/25/2014 on Oct 27th, 2014

Avoid this doctor at all costs. If you go to the ER at any of the Cox locations and Dr. Gilbreth walks in, save yourself some anger and irritation and just walk out. This is the only Dr. I have ever filed an official complaint on, and I have no regrets whatsoever. I have a complex liver history, was born with this. In 2010, I became concerned about how many pain meds I was on, and I took action to take care of how to learn to deal with pain without opiates. If I had to do it again, I would take a different route, for certain. I also found out the hard way that my memory is severely effected by anti-anxiety meds, I do not remember taking them, so those are off of the charts for me also. I do this for myself and my own health, not an idiotic ER doctor who enjoys to judging others. I was not there for pain meds, I just wanted to make sure I was OK. This doctor implied that I had hid the bottle of meds, and that I couldn't have taken them all because I would not be breathing. This was a very small prescription, by my request. We did find the bottle later and it was empty, but I do not remember any of the details of taking them. I won't apologize for this, meds affect us all in one way or another, it was a learning experience for me, but I also wanted a doctor to check me out, I don't have any death wishes here. I have also been to Barnes Jewish with the liver problems every month this year--I have been put under for a total of 10 procedures and one 6 hour surgery--Dr. Gilbreth told me that "someone like me never deserves pain medicine, in his personal opinion" even with everything I had gone through. I had to stand up to a doctor for the first time in my 45 years, after seeing close to 100 liver doctors all over the country--I had to ask him not to speak to me in that manner, and that my past did not negate me from pain control when it was sincerely needed, such as surgery. That according to the AMA, this is considered inhumane. The doctor was also aggravated that he had already seen 40 patients that day--this dr does not care for others, he is in it for the money. There was not one ounce of compassion in his soul. I did take this up with the hospital, it is going to his supervisor--the medical director of the ER--to be discussed with Dr. Gilbreth--so at least Cox does hold their doctors accountable in how they speak with their patients. With all of that said, they lost a long term patient this weekend, I have been going to Cox since 1997: I am fortunate enough that I have my choice of insurance and I can switch over to Mercy in January. The previous reviewer did not go into detail, I wanted people to know who he treated me: and that I actually went over to Mercy after leaving there, because my family and I sincerely wanted to make sure I would be ok--the medical staff at Mercy ER knew his name, and had mentioned that other patients who had seen him had come over to them, just as upset as I was. Dr. Gilbreth--move on--you are in the wrong field.

Feb 6th, 2013