Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Still Sick  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2014

Seeing Dr. Haugh was a TOTAL WASTE OF MY TIME!!! I should have followed my first instinct and missed this appointment. I wish I had read the other reviews on this site prior to making the appointment to see Dr. Haugh. Had I done so, I would have never seen him and would have spared myself much grief, frustration, disappointment. He barely gave me a chance to speak. When I tried to let him know what I had been experiencing, he would repeatedly cut me off. Dr. Haugh is rude, arrogant, condescending and a horrible infectious disease doctor. He claims that people in the U.S don't get parasites. However, the CDC says otherwise. He refused to treat me for documented MRSA (a very serious bacterial infection) in the lungs and other serious bacteria and yeast infections. He did not even try to help me. The nurse that I saw at my primary care doctor's office did more to help me than Dr. Haugh did. She gave me an antibiotic. Dr. Haugh said that there was nothing he could do and sent me home sick with no prescription, treatment plan or further testing. I plan to get treatment elsewhere. I don't see how Dr. Haugh ever became a doctor. His license should be revoked!

|  Systems Analyist  |  show details
by Mark on Feb 3rd, 2014

I accompanied my wife to see Dr. Haugh. We hoped he would listen and find an answer for my wife's mysterious symptoms. He talked down to her and made her feel as if she were making up her symptoms. The visit was a complete waste of time. We ended up at another physician's office who immediately diagnosed her and started her on treatment. Waste of a co-pay, time of from work, and undo stress on us both during a very stressful time.

|  PATIENT  |  show details
by J.ROBINSON on Apr 8th, 2013

VERY UNDERSTANDING DOCTORS TAKE TIME WITH PATIENT AND HIS STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY.

|  Infectious Disease Doctor?  |  show details
by Joseph T on Apr 5th, 2013

One visit was enough for me. He completely dismissed my symptoms and told me there is no such thing as chronic Lyme disease. Because of Dr. Haugh, my treatment was delayed even further. His poor attitude and unwillingness to treat me properly is unacceptable. I am finally symptom free after being treated by a Lyme-literate doctor. Don't waste your time with this very rude and uncaring doctor. Seek knowledgeable help if you suspect you have Lyme. Do not bother going to an Infectious Disease Doctor. They will not treat Lyme. They are just puppets and follow IDSA guidelines which are false. They are puppets with bad attitudes. Stay clear of this doctor. He is arrogant and condescending as well. He actually didn't even deserve one star. I should have known since his office was empty while I was there.

|  Misdiagnosis  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

Dr. Haugh not only lied, he was very condescending toward myself an my 21 year old daughter. He failed to diagnosis her properly and caused delays in her getting treatment. We finally found an internist who actually dianosed her right away and could not believe Dr. Haugh brushed her off, being as that she was so ill. Our visit was a disaster from the start. I don't recommend him.

|  Great !  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

Been with Dr. Haugh since 2002 and i am happy

|  Bad experience  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

This doctor was condescending and I left his office in tears. He told me I was treated for Lyme for 30 days and that I was fine and had enough treatment. That was yesars ago. I finally got the proper amount of treatment and after months of iv antibiotics I am finally symptom free. He told me I had post-symptoms and would have them forever. That is a lie. It was still an active infection. Thanks for nothing but stress Dr. Heigh. You should learn about Lyme disease. You were very wrong. I've been symptom free for two years.

|  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

Visits went as expected, and he spent approximately 20-25 minutes speaking on my condition, its effects, and further testing. Only down side was the phebotomist (blood tech) was more interested in her cell phone than performing her duties.

|  Never again  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. He was condescending, and does not believe Chronic lyme exists. He is an infectious disease doctor who follows ISDA guidelines, which we know to be incorrect. He does not listen, dismised my symptoms, told me I would have them forever, and shut the book. Yes, I got much worse until I finally got proper treatment which is almost impossible. After getting proper treatment I am now symptom free. Stay clear, do no waste your time.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

We are very disappointed with this "infectious disease doctor". My family doctor knows more about infectious diseases then he does. Our 2 visits were a complete waste of time. Wait time must be so short because he does not have many patients, we can see why.

|  Very Rude Physician  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

This doctor was very condescending. This infectious disease doctor was very wrong about two infections my husband had due to an insect bite. He was way off base and caused undue delay in treating my husband who ended up being hospitalized and losing his job due to the delay in treatment. A family physician easily diagnosed what this infectious disease doctor could not, or refused to.

|  Go elsewhere  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2011

I should have realized when I walked in his office and saw a huge portrait of himself on the wall that it was a mistake to even bother. This doctor does not understand infectious disease and refuses to properly treat Lyme patients. He is misinformed and should go back to school. He was also arrogant and condescending. There was no wait because his office was empty both times I was in it. That speaks for itself.

|  The most amazing Dr. I have ever seen  |  show details
by diannejwoo@aol.com on Aug 16th, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Haugh to anyone who needs an infectious disease specialist. I had been ill for a month, had been to my PCP, the hospital, another infectious disease doc, and nothing was showing on the bloodwork that I kept having to do. Dr. Haugh sat with me for at least 40 minutes and questioned me about my lifestyle, travel, and anything else that might give him some insight into my problem. It was absolutely amazing to deal with a doctor who actually cared and did not automatically tell me that I probably had Lyme disease. Dr. Haugh will always be very special to me as he diagnosed me, something other doctors could not do. He is very smart and personable. If you see him you will not be disappointed.

|  I have a life too!  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2010

You can't set up your appointments. A time and date is given to you when your leaving. And a missed appointment fee is charged if you miss that appointment!