Dr. Patrick Hitchon MD Patient Reviews

August 11th, 2016
Evil

April 1st, 2016
BEWARE
Dr. Hitchon spent less than five minutes with me at my appointments after an L-5 fusion surgery, during which he PARALYZED me. He is an arrogant liar who has zero concern for the welfare of his patients. BEWARE of this wicked man.

January 11th, 2016
Professional failure
Dr. Hitchon is a terrible human being and lacks compassion. He is arrogant and a waste of space. Dont waste your time, the ratings speak for themselves. The hospital should be embaressed.

January 9th, 2016
CRIMINAL SURGEON
This wicked, arrogant performed surgery on my spine and committed criminal acts by intentionally paralyzing me. He lied about him being the cause, refused to release medical documentation, refused to refer me to another surgeon an so on. It was discovered 18-years later that my spinal cord had NEVER FUSED. Hitchon showed ZERO REMORSE for destroying my life. BEWARE of this disgrace to the medical profession.

September 3rd, 2015
Worst bedside manner ever dealt with

July 9th, 2015
Awesome!!
Dr. Hitchon & his staff were amazing! I was very impressed with the spinal cord tumor he removed in my C3-C5 location. After losing control of my legs & right arm my docs didn't have any hope that I would get use of them back. I was recommended to Dr. Hitchon because the area I live in the Neurosurgeons wouldn't touch it since it was something they had never done before. I was able to get into him immediately, surgery scheduled next day. I was up & walking in no time! Obviously with this type of surgery there are risks that they clearly make you aware of!!! I have seen these negative reviews.....which I know are all from the same person! This is absurd!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hitchon and my care was great! Thank you so much!!!

May 8th, 2015
RUN
This man is a complete psychopath! If I could give him a negative rating I would. Don't waste your time seeing him, stayed 2 nights in a hotel and 12 hours driving to be told there's nothing wrong with me, but after getting the results of my X-ray he told me I did need surgery but he wouldn't touch me. Complete waste of oxygen and a total disgrace to Iowa City Hospitals.

May 15th, 2014
BEWARE of Dr. Patrick Hitchon
Dr. Hitchon is the most arrogant man on this planet. Even after he paralyzed me during a regular L-5 Fusion, he lied and blamed it on something else. ...

March 21st, 2014
YELLING/ SCREAMING
There will not be a next time.

December 25th, 2013
VICTIM of massive cruelty.
This arrogant surgeon made errors that caused me to be paralyzed. Even though he knew he was the cause and that another surgery could correct it, he lied to me and my family, blaming it on something else. He PROMISED me and my family that my paralysis would heal within 3-years; if not he'd conduct another surgery to correct it. After 3-years passed, he went into rage! He told me I should have "gotten used" to being paralyzed by then. I asked him for a referral and he again went into rage, screaming that he'd "saved my life". He refused to see me again, or release any of my medical records. Because he would not release my records, no other neurosurgeon would see me. 18-years later a new spinal surgeon did a test that showed my L-5 spinal fusion didn't work. That made no sense since I lived with paralysis for 18-years. He referred me to an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Sergio Mendoza. His planned 3.5 hour surgery took 9.5 hours due to the mass of errors by Dr. Hitchon. After surgery Dr. Mendoza told me that all Dr. Hitchon's excuses were lies. When he opened me up for surgery my the metal "brackets" installed by Dr. Hitchon were exposed. This meant ZERO bone growth, or fusion like Dr. Hitchon claimed, had occurred. He touched the "bracket" with a surgical probe and it fell to pieces, along with my L-5 vertebra. I lived 18-years with a broken back. Dr. Mendoza asked me why I'd not come to him sooner. He assured me the error Hitchon knew he made could have easily been corrected. Since Hitchon lied for so long and refused to see me for 15-years, my muscles had atrophied. My paralysis was now permanent. Dr. Hitchon is the most ARROGANT man you'll meet in your life. He earned over $1.2 MILLION last year. I made $8760 because he paralyzed me for life and was to arrogant to correct his mistakes. Dr. Hitchon is a disgrace to all surgeons and the human race. BEWARE!

August 20th, 2013
Most ARROGANT CRIMINAL surgeon you'll ever meet.
This "surgeon" DESTROYED my live with his severe surgical errors that left me paralyzed. For 3-years he lied to me and my family, stating he was NOT the cause of my paralysis which occurred during his surgery on my spinal cord. After the statute in which I could take legal action had passed, he went into rage. He claimed after that span of time I should have become "USED TO" my paralysis. He refused to ever see me again. No other neurosurgeon would see me since Dr. Hitchon and UIHC refused to release my medical records to anybody. 18-years after my paralysis the pain became overwhelming. I was referred to another surgeon in the Orthopedic Surgery Clinic. This surgery was scheduled for 3.5 hours. It lasted 9.5 hours! This was due to the massive amount of surgical errors caused by Hitchon. When they made the initial incision and exposed my L-5 vertebra, the metal "bracket" Hitchon had implanted was exposed. There was ZERO bone fusion even though Hitchon informed my my L-5 fusion was complete. When the 2nd surgeon touched the "bracket" with an instrument, it fell from my vertebra, after which my L-5 fell into pieces. I lived 18-YEARS with a broken back. My 2nd surgeon informed me that records showed Dr. Hitchon knew all along my spinal cord had not fused and that the only cause of my paralysis was the errors of Dr. Hitcon. The 2nd surgeon asked me why I'd not come to him sooner, stating my paralysis could have easily been corrected if I'd come to him sooner. I repeated to him what Dr. Hitchon said to me during our last appointment when I asked him to refer me to another surgeon, "If I can't fix it, no surgeon can!!!" Dr. Patrick William Hitchon is the sole cause of my permanent paralysis caused by his surgical errors. Dr. Hitchon is the sole cause of my never-ending misery. That arrogant man showed absolutely no remorse for my life; the life he DESTROYED. Misery is constant every day. Dr. Hitchon belongs in prison. He committed a crime against me for which he can never compensate. He is a very WICKED man. BEWARE of this "surgeon". Check other complaints and you'll see I am not his only victim. I hope me sharing my misery will keep others from becoming victims of Dr. Patrick William Hitchon.

May 14th, 2013
Worst surgeon on this planet!
Dr. Hitchon's severe surgical error left me paralyzed. He told me it was caused by something else. 18-years later another surgeon operated on me. This exposed the HORRID surgical errors of Dr. Hitchon. It also showed my paralysis could have easily been corrected . . . if Dr. Hitchon would have done it years earlier. Because of Dr. Hitchon's arrogance I am paralyzed for life. Since he is employed by the State of Iowa, the Iowa Board of Medicine took NO disciplinary action against this man who destroyed my life. Dr. Hitchon had NO remorse for destroying my life. He is EVIL. BEWARE!!!