Dr. Patrick Hughes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Patrick Hughes?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Patrick Hughes?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 5th, 2013

Excellent service and care

I was hesitant to even go to a psychiatrist because of past bad experience I have had. Dr. Hughes has reinstored my faith in psychiatrists. He truly listens, explains his diagnosis thoroughly, is available at all times for a phone call, is willing to make time in his schedule to accomodate a last minute appointment, and most importantly - he is kind. Dr. Hughes is a professional with years of experience - I feel like I am in good hands.

July 1st, 2013

Professional, personable, practical

I have been seeing Dr. Hughes for about 6 months and have been very satisfied. I am really busy, so I really value that he respects my time, but it's also really important to me to understand my condition and my medications, and he's really thorough with that piece as well. The amount of time I spend in the waiting room is about as much time as it takes to tell the receptionist I'm there and for her to notify Dr. Hughes. The appoinments themselves run on schedule, but I never feel rushed. Dr. Hughes takes time to answer my questions (and I always have several). Additionally, Dr. Hughes is great at helping with the practical side of treatment - figuring out the best dosages of the best medications based on my lifestyle and insurance coverage. His office isn't in a convenient location for me, but it's worth it to go a little out of my way, because Dr. Hughes knows his stuff and takes a sincere interest in improving my life.

July 1st, 2013

Good doctor. Very straightforward.

Is very thorough and precise in his explanations and treatments. His approach to treatment through medicine is great - I have been with him for almost a year now, and it's a relief to have someone that I know I can trust.

June 20th, 2013

Dr. Patrick Hughes is a very effective psychiatrist

I was referred to Dr. Hughes to treat anxiety and depression. I had tried everything else with no results and came to him as a last resort. I was absolutely amazed at his knowledge of my condition and together we worked out a very effective plan of relief. I have only positive comments to make about this doctor and would recommend him to anyone. I do not evaluate a doctor on his personality but by the help he gives me. As a member of the teaching profession, I have students who think I "can walk on water" and there are those who would prefer me to drown. My concern is that they learn! I would use the same example for this doctor. HE WANTED ME TO GET BETTER and with his knowledge and skills that is exactly what happened. Needless to say he saved my career. He was compassionate; understanding & concerned about me as a person.

June 13th, 2013

Dr. Patrick L. Hughes is an amazing Psychiatrist.

I have been visiting Dr. Patrick L. Hughes for about ten years now, and he has changed my life for the better. At one of my toughest times in my life, he was able to work with my condition at the pace I was comfortable with, and monitored my progress with great care. My condition requires a medication dosage that is over what insurance companies accept, and he has helped me get the medication I need while dealing with insurance companies. Also, when I was laid off in 2008 and lost my insurance, he lowered my office visit rate to help me through the difficult financial times. I have recommended him to friends and family and they are all happy with his services.

June 4th, 2013

Dr. Hughes has treated me for depression and anxiety. I found him to be caring, understanding and willing to spend as much time with me as needed. It took some time to find a medication that worked for me with the least amount of side effects. He was patient and understood I have a life to lead and should not have to deal with undesirable side effects. Dr Hughes gave me hope that better days were coming. I found him confident, but not arrogant. He is a good doctor that gets it. I'd recommend him to others.

May 23rd, 2013

Better days ahead

I have been treated for anxiety by Dr. Hughes since the mid-90's. Treatment has been very helpful and I sincerely appreciate it.

January 18th, 2012

Find a different provider

Did not show compassion, would not provide dx and over prescribed medication resulting in having to obtain another doctor to help get off the medication.

October 18th, 2011

Dissatisfied Patient

I am a mental health professional with 20 years experience. I chose Dr. Hughes because he appeared qualified to help me with my problems.My experience with Dr. Hughes was terrible. First of all, he didn't listen to what I told him. Several times on the second visit I had to repeat myself because he was summarizing what I had said most inaccurately! He misdiagnosed my symptoms and made medication recommendations which were inappropriate for the level of my symptom constellation.He was also rude and uncaring. He had a most arrogant attitude (again part of his listening to himself rather than the patient). You would think since I'm in the same business as he, he would have been more careful to ensure diagnosing correctly, having at least some human kindness instead of bomdfaced arrogance, and not violating patient confidentiality. Yes, he violated my confidentiality both times I saw him. After we left his office after my first appointment, he loudly discussed my diagnosis and symptoms in the hallway and as we stood by the waiting room door. Office staff were walking the hall and patients in the waiting room heard what he said about me. I was appalled!At the second appointment, he didn't listen to what I had to tell him. He misdiagnosed my symptoms causing me untold issues. He did the same loud hallway talk about my symptoms and his recommendations again. You know, I thought it was only me. But the patient he saw before me (he scheduled us both at the same time and I waited 30 minutes until his appointment was composted. The patient left and then returned before Dr. Hughes came for me. He asked the receptionist a question concerning his meds. She called for Dr. Hughes. He came to the receptionist's window and rudely discussed the man's treatment regimen and his meds right there for all to hear. Dr. Hughes didn't even have the courtesy let alone the common sense to protect this man's confidential information.I've found Dr. Hughes to be an arrogant, unlistening, uncaring, inappropriate and incompetent diagnostician and psychiatrist. He is all of the things one would NOT WANT in a psychiatrist.

July 10th, 2017