Dr. Patrick Lindner Jr Is this you?

• Good

June 25th, 2013

great doc

best doc in the city

January 7th, 2011

I was prescribed an opiate for pain by another doctor, one that saw me on a daily basis... Dr Lintner works for the VA. The VA requires a contract for medicines prescribed by its doctors to veterans, while prescribing opiates. This doctor followed the VAs guidelines and explained the contract to me. He then explained he couldnt prescribe said meds until I took a urinalysis. He explained all the rules ad nauseum, by the time the appointment ended it was after five in the afternoon and the lab was closed... I live more than 20 miles from the hospital.. I intended on taking the urinalysis the next day. However, I woke up after nine, had an appointment with another office at 11 and an appointment at school that afternoon at 4. I called the office and told them I wasnt feeling well to see if I could get that afternoon, the nurse said I could come in at three, however, I had an appointment at 4 and told her that I couldnt be there because the appointments always take longer than an hour. SO I took the urinalysis yesterday(thursday) . I went to the doctor today for another appointment. All issues were taken care of but one. My pain medication... He explained to me that because I took the urinalysis on thursday instead of wednesday that he would not prescribe the medication to me.I asked if it was because it was because I was non compliant, he said he didnt like to use those words. I have never abused drugs, I have never taken 3 pills when 2 were prescribed,as a matter of fact I still have tons of pain meds I never took because I dont like taking them. He is leaving me without a current prescription for pain, why??? my drug test was clean. If he had said, Dan, You have to take the urinalysis tomorrow or I wont prescribe you pain pills, I would have set my alarm clock an gone early in the morning. However, there was no such urgency expressed. I asked him what he is going to do for my pain, he said you have your tens machine... yeah, but I cant use it 24 hours a day... and he said I have lined you up with physical therapy. yes... he has, but two questions... what do I do in the meantime and what if it doesnt work? I hope he didnt make some kind of note in my records about me being non compliant, cause I promise if he did... It will cost him his job.

Type 2 Diabetes