Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Des Moines Orthopaedic Surgeons, PC - West
6001 Westown Pkwy
West Des Moines, IA 50266
515-224-1414
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  20 years with Dr. Sullivan  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2014

I began seeing Dr. Sullivan in 1994 and had total left hip replacement surgery that year. This was successful, though in my case the recovery was slow due to years of hip deterioration. Thirteen years later I needed hip revision surgery on the same hip due to a gradual wearing away of the plastic in the hip replacement part. Unfortunately I fell out of bed (while asleep - a freak accident!) about 4 months after surgery, which caused bending in the metal hip piece, resulting in cracking of the pelvic bone. I was very concerned that this could not be repaired, but two hip revision surgeries later, I was able to walk again without pain. However, I've had to use crutches constantly since then, and now have deterioration in both of my shoulders - due to the constant wear on them. Possibly I'll need shoulder replacement surgery, though I want to put that off as long as possible. I was glad to find out that Dr. Sullivan does this surgery also. Dr. Sullivan is an excellent doctor and I totally trust him for his care of my ongoing orthopaedic conditions. I have appreciated the continuity of relying on him over the years. His staff is also very capable and have supported me all along.

|  Ms.  |  show details
by sharon dowd Jasa on Nov 27th, 2013

He is a very good doctor.

|  shoulder problems  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2013

Poor bedside manner, felt like he didn't want to be there and had a judgement against me before he talked to me. Would never recommend him to anyone! Horrible experience.

|  Dr. Sullivan is the best  |  show details
by Jared H. on Mar 23rd, 2013

After getting very frustrated with my former ortho specialist I called DMOS and was referred to Dr. Sullivan. Long story short, he is GREAT. Very understanding and was always available to answer my questions and make sure I understood what was going on.

Mar 16th, 2013

To me I'd rather have an excellent doctor then one who goes for a popularity test. Dr Sullivan was kind courteous and explained my problems very well in which I could understand. He has helped me immensely and for this I'm grateful.

|  Do yourself a favor and find another doctor  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

The previous review is correct. He's vague in desribing your problem and can't get rid of you quick enough. Go elsewhere or you'll be sorry.

Aug 22nd, 2011

I found Dr. Sullivan to be excellent with my daughter. He took time to talk to her and gave her a full exam. He was kind, thoughful,respectful and very knowledgable. We will recommend him to everyone.

Jun 6th, 2011

This surgeon may know how to fix a bone but his bedside manner and facade of care is poor.He really needs a revolving door on his exam rooms so he can get you out faster.