Ophthalmologists
402 Nelson Blvd
Ste 400
Kingstree, SC 29556
843-355-2250
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Review - Unethical and Inadequate Scheduling  |  show details
by Mrs. J on May 16th, 2013

I think Dr. Mardesich is a very skilled physician. However, I question the ethics of the office. I have had several appointments cancelled for emergency reasons on behalf of the the doctor, within one hour of my scheduled appointments. In one instance, I was at the office and was told my appointment was cancelled. Yet, the office was seeing other patients, but told me my appointments were canceled because it was routine. The patients whom were having laser surgery and other procedures, appointments remained intact. It appeared that higher cost procedures are preferred and chosen over what the office is classifying as routine procedures. In essence, your appointment may be cancelled if a more costly procedure walks through the door. Yet, I am diagnosed with 4 chronic conditions of my eyes and must be frequently evaluated. Additionally, this office has very long waiting periods ranging from 3-4 hours per visit. Also, some members of the front office staff can be very discourteous to patients in the Sumter office and get offended if you ask a question of them.

|  show details
Nov 10th, 2012

I have been under Dr. Mardesich's care for at least 12 years. I've always felt very confident with his decisions and treatment regarding all eye problems or general information given during bi-annual visits as to eye care.On Aug. 15, 2012 and Oct. 12, 2012 I had cataract surgeries performed by him. At all times before, during and after these surgeries, I felt very confident, well-informed, and most of all totally delighted in the results of both surgeries. I'm 72 years old and have only have to use glasses when reading fine print. I highly recommend Dr. Mardesich for your eye care. Also let me mention that his staff - including his assistants, nurse, accounting people and receptionist and very professional, caring and most helpful during every visit. Beverly Dinkins - Sumter SC - (11-10-12)