Dr. Patrick Mathiasen Is this you?

3.6

Posted on December 30th, 2015

He is the ECT Doctor on the Eastside. I was nervous but now I'm on my 3rd treatment. I'm looking forward to feeling even better.

Dr. Doctor

Posted on February 28th, 2015

Excellent doctor. He has years of experience and cares about how I was feeling. He took time to answer my questions.

Posted on December 24th, 2014

Does not return calls

Not a fan ...

Posted on October 14th, 2013

Although Dr. Mathiasen is exceptionally polite, he gave me the very bare minimum of what I could expect in bad side effects. I also called his clinic prior to ECT appts to be sure he would do uni-lateral and NOT bi-lateral. I was assured he only did uni-lateral. However, several weeks into treatment he switched without consulting me and left me in a vegetative state and brain damaged. Of course, there is no recourse -- you sign your life away (literally) so his response when I asked about this was absolutely nothing. He said I would have to call Overlake Hospital to get my treatment record, something I have requested several times. I wish it had worked for me, but unfortunately it has left me worse -- with the memory loss to contend with. Strange personality changes, too. I have lost my creative drive which was my passion. I think that is a result of the bilateral treatment, from the research I have since done. Too bad I didn't do this research first -- although truthfully, I thought I had already established I was ONLY open to unilateral. He has never once followed up with me -- wouldn't you think if a guy is electrocuting your brain he would want to see how you are? Nope. Only if I go back and there is $$ in it for him, apparently.

Housewife

Posted on September 16th, 2013

I Found Dr Mathiasen and his staff caring and pleasant. My experience was very positive. I might have to go back for a follow and I wouldn't hesitate in a second

a positive ECT experience

Posted on August 13th, 2013

I trust Dr. Mathiasen and had a good experience getting treatment at the Overlake ECT clinic. ECT isn't for everyone, I don't think, but it definitely had a helpful impact on my depression. I did experience some memory loss as a side effect of the treatment, but it has been manageable so far. The only complaint I have about they way I was treated is about length of the wait on treatment days - it seems like the clinic could be organized a little better - but what do I know. I also really like all the nurses in the outpatient surgery. Great nurses make a huge difference!

Dangerous, dangerous man

Posted on September 18th, 2012

Do not see this doctor. He spent approximately 5 minutes with me, misdiagnosed me, burned my brain with his toxic cocktail of drugs, then blamed me. What a guy. This doctor needs to be sanctioned severely .

Posted on April 19th, 2016