Dr. Patrick Mccarthy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6
  • 5 reviews

April 8th, 2016
Patient wait is one and half hours
Not only does this doctor walk out on a patient when she is still talking to him, they overbook and make a patient wait over an hour to see him on appointment. Total disrespect and disregard for patient. Staff very unprofessional and did not bother to tell patient dr was running late after an hour waiting.

October 10th, 2013
Buyer Beware
The one really good thing about this practice was the nurse, Kathy, and she left. The reception staff is rude, unprofessional and inappropriate. Far worse than even the worst customer service experiences of today's business culture. The follow-up does not exist and Dr. McCarthy does not return calls. It is very difficult to get through the reception staff to get to the nurse. There are serious ethical, professional and moral issues with this clinic, including dishonesty and HIPAA issues.

April 13th, 2012
Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. McCarthy spent a lot of time and was very thorough. He asked many more questions than the average Dr. He has started me on the Medifast Plan to lose weight. The plan makes it very easy to follow and maintains your blood sugar levels within the normal range. After a week I have more energy, feel better and don't crash in the middle of the afternoon. He also had me cut the dose of my medication in half.I am very pleased and am happy that I found a physician that has found a solution to my problem and I'm sure that as I lose weight I will feel even better.

March 16th, 2012
Dr McCarthy is very thoughtful and experienced. He allows you to be a team player in your care. He listens to you and is good at responding to questions. I would highly recommend him. I have seen him for 5 years for Diabetes, Hypertenison and Lipid management. You will not be disappointed.

January 19th, 2011
Dr. McCarthy is a nice Dr. especially coming from a women who seems to be treated unequally by most Docs.However, I feel like he did not give me time to let me ask questions and he and his staff do not do the best job on following up with appointments, or keeping you in the loop. I will continue to use Dr. McCarthy.