Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Positive Experience show details Positive Experience
Jul 27th, 2015

After being misdiagnosed by previous physicians, Dr. McGookey was attentive and asked all the right questions to treat appropriately. I was also very pleased with the small staff atmosphere.

Jul 1st, 2015

good doctor. helped me a lot. explained everything so I could understand it.

Feeling Hopeful show details Feeling Hopeful
by Sandy on Jun 16th, 2015

Took my mother for declining memory evaluation. Courteous office. Good Environment. Everyone was so understanding of our situation. Really put my mother at ease. All were extremely helpful. The doctor was amazing with my mother. We couldn't be happier with the care she received.

Relieved and pleased show details Relieved and pleased
by Marie M. on Jun 16th, 2015

Having been to a larger practice , I was relieved to find a small staff and just one dr who took care and time with me , was attentive and knowledgeable , not in a rush . Came up with a good plan of care . Dr and staff are approachable and knowledgeable . I feel I am on good hands .

May 28th, 2015

FINALLY!!! Found a doctor who would take the time to listen and help me. I would recommend Dr. McGookey to anyone who needed a neurologist. Never again will I go to the other Neurologists, where they treat you like just another number.

Mar 17th, 2015

His bedside manner is poor to say the least along with his receptionist . I randomly picked dr Mcgookey and it was the worst mistake I've ever made.

Total Satisfaction show details Total Satisfaction
by Bill W on Jul 2nd, 2014

This was my first visit at Dr McGookey's office. I read the previous reviews before this visit, and was a bit leery before my appointment. It could not have gone better. I got an appointment within 3 days; the staff was friendly and efficient, and Dr McGookey was professional and had an excellent bedside manner. I have nothing but praise for the entire experience.

AVOID show details AVOID
by HUSBAND AND WIFE BOTH SAW SEPERATE on Feb 10th, 2014

THIS DR NEEDS TO RETIRE. HE IS A VERY BAD DR. AND DOES NOT CARE ONE BIT ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. HE IS ONLY TAKING UP SPACE DOING THE SAME CHECK THE BLANK TESTS ON EVER PATIENTS, AND PRESCIBING THE SAME CHECK THE BLANK PRESCRIPTIONS FOR HIS KICK BACK. HE IS BEING REFERRED MY PHYSICIANS PRIMARY CARE WHERE I AM SURE THEY GET A KICK BACK. VERY RUDE AND OVER ZEALOUS OFFICE MANAGER WHO WILL DO EVERYTHING TO GET YOU IN FOR AN APPT EVEN WHEN ONE IS NOT NEEDED. BACK TEAM BAD DOCTOR.

Unprofessional doctor, extreme wait time, poor bed side manner and rude front desk staff show details Unprofessional doctor, extreme wait time, poor bed side manner and rude front desk staff
Jun 20th, 2013

Never go here unless you want to be treated like a second class citizen by the rude front desk older woman, and wait over 1.5 hrs for your visit to see a doctor who has very poor bed side manners.

needs to retire show details needs to retire
Jun 5th, 2013

This dr is really bad. Doesn't listen to patients or seem to care. I went because I was having muscle twitching, and extreme joint and muscle pain. He put me on neurotin 3x a day and put me through a body scan that exposed me to radio active material. Turns out my new cholesterol med was causing all my problems. A neurologist that actually was competent and cared should have known this. Super bad. My husband saw him before me and felt the same about him.

JERK! show details JERK!
by Paula Turner on Sep 2nd, 2010

I went there suffering from constant migraines and McGookey handed me my paper work and showed me the door when I asked him what I should do about missing work. He was totally rude and refused to listen to anything I had to say. When he prescribed medication for me the pharmacy told me my insurance didn't cover it, which I then got scolded for for not filling it and taking initiative. The prescription was to prevent the headache/migraine but didn't acknowledge that I had been suffering from the same headache for the past month. Over all, I would have to say this man is a horrible people person, and I got the feeling he just didn't know what he was doing. If he didn't know what was wrong he could have just said so, instead of showing me the door and saying "I am NOT going to argue with you, find a new doctor". I have a few other friends who have had issues with this man. He sucks.