Internist

Feb 1st, 2015

I received totally ineffective antibiotics and was billed twice as much as my PCP. I couldn't get an appointment with my PCP that day but I should have waited. I now see why he has appointments available.

sSondra G. Wilson show details sSondra G. Wilson
Jan 1st, 2015

Dr. O'Connell is always prompt, answers your questions, and is very professional. He does not waste your time and listens intently to understand. I highly recommend him.

Aug 25th, 2011

To previous reviewer--Dr. O'Connell is bound by certain practices because of where he works (and who he works for), not because of his personal policies. He has been my PCP for 5 years now and he has always provided me excellent care.

Try another doctor show details Try another doctor
Aug 18th, 2011

Dr. O'Connell seeks to charge his patients as much as possible. Duke Medicine allows their doctors to double-bill their patients for office visits. The more you talk with Dr. O'Connell, the more you will pay. If you go for an annual physical and discuss any of your health issues, you will be charged for an annual physical AND an office visit, since according to him, talking is not part of an annual physical. If you go for a specific health reason and talk about other health issues, you will be billed for 2 separate office visits. Unbelievable! Do yourself a favor and try another doctor!