Dr. Patrick Omeara MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 3rd, 2014
He's a Liar!!
So where do I start. Dr. O'meara is unethical, immoral and a liar. I was referred to him by my company's insurance. I have a claim against them for a work related injury. He told me that my back injury (herniated disc)was from my age and not from working construction for over 16 years. I also have injury to both arms. I mentioned to him that my arms are more of a concern than my back. He misconstrued my words and wrote in his report that I did not want to seek medical help for my back. So that portion of my case was dismissed. Which is unfortunate for me cause my back hurts every day. He did report my arms were work related and conveniently offered to do the surgery himself. Luckly for me i went elsewhere . On my second visit I was supposed to get a thorough examination to learn the extent of my injury. He saw me for roughly 4 minutes and asked me to do maybe 6 hand movements. That's it. In his report he wrote he checked my back. Had me do several test. He also said he tested my hands with a girometer. Both are lies. He reports I am cured even though I complained of pain in both arms/hands. He clearly works in favor of the insurance company. I'm sure I'm not the only person he's done this to.

June 21st, 2014
Do not waste your time
I had an eary morning appt with Dr. Omeara and waited over 35 minutes for the office to even open. No apologies from the staff or Dr. Dr Omeara is one of the most arrogant Drs. I've every seen. He told me my Mri was "normal" which is not true, when asked questions about why I have pain, he answers "I don't know", blew me off like I was making it up. This is not a wc issue and I am in horrific pain most of the time. Make an appt. with someone who is compassionate and who cares.

June 21st, 2014
refusing to see my son
He is refusing to see our son because we requested a second opinion to compare his finding and because of insurance policy we needed to come back to him with the finding of this second opinion. Now he is refusing to see our son that is having pain on his shoulder for almost a year and having not able to stop the pain since.. He is totally wrong by denying service to my son just because we went somewhere else for an opinon . We are going to make sure that the medical board knows of his actions agains a youngest that cannot get relief to his pain

May 13th, 2014
A true gem of a doctor!!!!
Dr. O'Meara is absolutely wonderful! 17+ years ago he did a total hip for me which is still terrific. I now need work done on a knee, my primary M.D. refered me to another orthopedic doctor and I was very un-happy so I self refered myself to the best doctor around, Dr. O'Meara. He takes the time to talk with you about you condition. He is up front about how to proceed ahead, always telling you that the choice is yours. I love his saying that he doesn't do surgery on what the x-rays show, he bases his surgery on you telling him when you are ready. I am confident in his outstanding skills, after all he does have many years of thousands of successful surgeries. He is not out for money, if he were he would be insistent on performing surgeries in a hurry and not allowing you to take the time to make the choice. He is the best man for the job, he has my strong vote.

May 8th, 2013
you need to find a doctor who actually want to help you and that is not O'meara
he is not s good doctor or person. Don't care about the patient. It's only about money. He thinks he's the best, but the reality is, he is NOT even close. My experience was horrible with O'meara. I find and other doctor, never went back to him.

September 19th, 2010
carpal tunnel release
this was the second surgery performed on me by doctor o'meara. i thought i was cured 30 minutes after leaving the hospital and acted that way. by over acting i pulled some of the sutures and was hurtin'. went in for repairs and part of the inside of my hand was on the outside. Dr. o'meara was cool as cucumber, said all was okay and stitched me up. and that's the way it turned out. before operation i couldn't even unscrew beer bottle caps and now i'm up to 50 reps with one of those spring loaded hand grip exercisers. also back to workin' on my old mustang. beer bottles are a breeze.

December 20th, 2009
Completely inept, arrogant, rude, unprofessional, & worst Dr. ever
Had a Total Knee Replacement. Had to have it redone 1 year later. Have had nothing but pain & suffering ever since,even where there was no pain before the surgery. He does not follow proper proceedure & caused an infection and MANY complications since surgery. He & staff are very rude and unhelpful, especially after they have your $$. They overcharge. He will blame you for any problems. DO NOT TRUST THIS DR. WITH YOUR HEALTH. YOU WILL SUFFER. I have also heard of many others since my surgery who went to O'Meara & had to have their surgery redone and are suffering daily. It is worse than before the surgery!!! The surgery caused the exact opposite result I was hoping for and that I was promised by Dr. O'Meara. Run in the opposite direction from him!!!