Dr. Patrick Padilla, MD
Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist

Great doctor! show details Great doctor!
Feb 25th, 2015

I'm normally nervous going to the doctor. Dr. Padilla is great...would definitely recommend him. He explained my broken foot thoroughly, was very kind and gentle. I definitely hope I don't break my foot again...but if I did I would go to Dr. Padilla!

Dr. Patrick Padilla show details Dr. Patrick Padilla
by Linda Taylor on Aug 27th, 2014

Dr. Padilla is an excellent surgeon! After an unfortunate accident in the rain forest of Peru, I was able to get back home to Scripps Hospital in Encinitas. I had broken my ankle in 3 places & did not want to have surgery there. Luckily, Dr. Padilla was on call when I arrived and he repaired my ankle very successfully in 2010. Now, four years later I have no problems with it at all. He also did knee replacement for me in 2011 and then did the other knee in 2013. I am so pleased with the results. I now can walk 5 miles a day with no problem. After 3 successful surgeries I highly recommend Dr. Padilla.

Grateful Patient show details Grateful Patient
by Tom Simmmons on Dec 8th, 2013

Dr. Padilla diagnosed and explained the source of pain in my knee(s). He presented and discussed treatment options. I selected a complete left knee replacement. The surgery was 3 weeks ago and everything is going great. I highly recommend Dr. Padilla to everyone. I completely trust his knowledge and skills. So much in a few months I am planning on Dr. Padilla replacing my right knee.

Soccer Mom show details Soccer Mom
by LaRae Hayes on Sep 10th, 2013

While playing in a soccer tournament in Carlsbad my daughter broke her Tibia in half. The Ambulance took us to the ER at Scripp's Encinitas and we were fortunate that Dr. Padilla was on call that day. He took his time and gave us all our options. We made the decision for our daughter to have surgery that afternoon. Not knowing Dr. Padilla, I checked out his background on a site similar to this prior to my daughter having the surgery. I wanted to be comfortable with the decision we made. We are very pleased and feel blessed that Dr. Padilla took such good care of our daughter. He truly cares about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Jane B on Aug 28th, 2013

Excellent Doctor- performed emergency surgery on my ankle. Was thorough and patient in explaining surgery, alternatives and healing. Really appreciated the time he took with me, the excellent surgery he performed, and the follow up which was top notch. Highly recommended.

Excellent Doctor and Excellent Staff show details Excellent Doctor and Excellent Staff
by Marjorie Brewer on Jun 15th, 2013

Dr. Patrick Padilla has been treating me for a broken bone in my foot for about 7 months. I was referred to Dr. Padilla by the ER doctor, and I am extremely happy I took that good advice. From the first appointment Dr. Padilla was patient in educating me about my situation so I could make well informed decisions about my treatment. I always felt listened to and included in the process. He always answers all my questions (and I have a lot) patiently and repeatedly until I understand. He made a point of understanding my lifestyle (how active I am), and that it was important to me to be as functional as possible during healing, and to be able to return to a normal life once I'm healed. Dr. Padilla made every effort (even through insurance changes on my part) to make sure I got the treatments I needed to heal (bone stim unit, CT scan, etc). He seemed to understand from the beginning that I was afraid of having surgery, and he was able to inform and educate me over the weeks until I understood that surgery might be what would be best in my situation to get my active life back. We actually had the surgery approved and scheduled, and behold the most recent x-rays showed the darn bone is finally healing! At that point Dr. Padilla had no problem happily telling me he would no longer recommend surgery. He is continuing to treat me, and again I'm very grateful I chose him for my care. In addition, his assistant Ryan is also great. Ryan almost seems like another doctor, his skill level is that high. Ryan is great about calling you back, remembers details, and is patient with insurance frustrations ... and he's funny too! The front desk staff is also great -- cheerful, positive and never made any mistakes on my appts or billing. I cannot say enough good about this medical team. If you ever need Orthopaedic help, this is the place to go for excellent care.

Previous surgical patient show details Previous surgical patient
Mar 12th, 2011

My surgical experience was about as good as one could expect. Dr. Padilla handled the situation with great ease, and addressed all my concerns in a prompt and pleasant manner. I have already referred others to his service as well. Personally, I appreciated the in house therapy services available as well. That alone improves one's overall recovery potential.

one of the best show details one of the best
Sep 3rd, 2010

unfortunately for me, i have had a couple of injuries at a young age which were not easy to resolve. in these circumstances, one wants a doc that goes above and beyond for a solution. one who communicates clearly (knows when to speak in laymen's terms), is patient about questions, is positive yet honest about what could go wrong. dr. padilla is all this. in addition, his office staff, and assistants are absolutely the most professional and courteous i have ever worked with.

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
Jun 3rd, 2010

I found Dr. Padilla to be very thorough and pleasant. He spent plenty of time explaining our treatment options. He was especially good with with children.