Dr. Patrick Roth MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 3rd, 2016
He is one of the best doctor that I've ever met. Very passionate and he will be doing the surgery on my lumbar soon

September 25th, 2016
Sub par neurosurgeon
I recently say Dr. roth and I felt like the staff was rushing me through appointment. The girls at the front desk were clueless and I waited an extremly ling time to see the doctor.

March 22nd, 2016
Not in a rush to operate
Dr. Roth did a microdiskectomy after trying 6 months of conservative treatment for very painful sciatica. The procedure was not routine due to an unusual anatomical condition. In spite of that, it went flawlessly, immediately relieving the horrible leg pain. Six months later I was about 90% recovered and reherniated the disk sitting on a couch for too long. In spite of being in even worse pain, first hospitalized and then bedridden for a month, Dr. Roth felt I would recover without further surgery. He ordered a different type of epidural injection than I'd previously had that seemed to help more. We met three times in that month and each time I was improving and each time he patiently advised that he thought I'd recover. He was right. I'm now walking 4.5 miles a day, essentially pain free, though with some residual partial foot numbness. If you need surgery, Dr. Roth has the skill to do the job. He won't hurry to operate and he isn't afraid to change therapeutic strategy if data suggest it.

November 10th, 2015
Office staff refused appoinment
I had previously seen Dr. Roth and had a very good experience with him. My son was going to be in the NJ area this weekend and wanted to schedule a consultation for an injury as a result of an accident. We intended on paying cash for the consult but the office refused to allow an appointment for an injury in GA regardless if we were paying for the consult in cash. disconnected and rude attitudes. so sorry after my experience the first time was so positive

May 24th, 2015
Excellent diagnotistician, Dr.Roth loves what he does and always gets it right. He doesn't just interpret MRIs, he LISTENS to his patients

January 15th, 2015
Honest and accurate
In my opinion Dr. Roth is a great neurosurgeon. The first neurosurgeon that I saw ordered physical therapy and an MRI. When the results of the MRI came back that physician told me that I needed surgery. This was without even asking how the physical therapy was going. I needed another doctor and could not get in to see the one I wanted in my state of Georgia for almost 2 months. I was able to make an appointment with Dr. Roth in N.J. in the meantime. When I arrived at his office there was a very short wait. He did tests and asked questions. We decided that because the physical therapy seemed to be helping but the progress was slow we would give it another month before jumping into surgery. Dr. Roth spent time with me and explained the procedures in case it would come to that. I saw the other neurosurgeon here in Georgia that I was waiting to see on 1/7 and he recommended surgery as well. My symptoms are minimal and I am able to return to work at this time. The trip to N.J. was well worth it. If it was not for Dr. Roth I would probably be having an unnecessary operation. I highly recommend him.

September 17th, 2014
School nurse
Dr.Roth is amazing, kind, and an excellent competent doctor. I would never recommend a doctor if I did not feel they met the above qualifications. He is the best. Other doctors that had recommended me to go for a surgery, he said let's try other alternatives. He is a honest man who cares for his patients.You can trust him.

July 23rd, 2014
Extremely satisfied
Dr. Roth spent an extraordinary amount of time talking with my wife and me, reviewing my MRI, explaining his thinking on my sciatica problem. His interaction with us made it clear he understood my way of approaching this and was fully accepting of my style of dealing with a medical / surgical problem. Whether or not I ultimately require surgery, I could not possibly be more satisfied with any consult with a physician as I was with my time with Dr. Roth. If I require surgery, I will absolutely select Dr. Roth. His office staff were also unfailingly kind, polite, cheerful and, most importantly, effective in their individual roles.

June 12th, 2013
Back Surgery
Without a doubt the most professional, talented and gifted surgeon in the entire Northeast. Wonderful, caring individual. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

April 20th, 2013
The best in Neurosurgery
There is no need to go to a NYC hospital when we have the best Neurosurgeon here in Northern New Jersey! Dr Roth is the choice of Nurses who see his excellent results in patient outcomes!

July 19th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Roth is truly the best. My back pain was so bad and this man has given me the ability to do the things I used to be able to do. He is a miracle man!

February 3rd, 2012
THE BEST!!!!
Dr. Roth peformed my cervical disc fusion and it was a huge success. he made me feel at ease as I was scared to death of having the surgery.5yrs later and all is well and good!!!