Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

2800 Tamarack Ave
Ste 104
South Windsor, CT 06074
(860) 648-4480
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  outstanding  |  show details
by Jeff Palumbo on Mar 25th, 2014

Preformed brain surgery on my wife a few years ago..would absolutely recommend him to anyone.. great bedside manner explained everything to us in detail making sure we understood everything..you could tell he really cares about his patients..your not just a number that gets rushed along...very impressed with him ..If i needed surgery I would definitely want and trust him with my life

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. I pride myself on being thorough with every patient and strive to make certain all their questions and concerns are addressed before surgery. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

|  Outstanding Care!!!  |  show details
by Lisa Cyr on Mar 6th, 2014

I saw Dr Senatus after a work related injury and a failed surgey. He believed me when I walked in the door and set out to prove I was still injured. He was able to order a sitting MRI and it showed the problems the tradional MRI's didn't. I had a fusion soon after and have had unbelievable care from him and Sharon. I can't say enough about how well I feel that I have been treated by all the staff. I'm not fully healed but I know I'm on my way with him as my doctor. Don't look any further for a different doctor!!

by Mark S. on Jan 18th, 2014

I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Senatus and his staff. An amazing experience overall and the surgery he performed eliminated the problem I had for over a year.

|  ACDF Surgery  |  show details
by Geoff M. on Dec 17th, 2013

Dr Senatus and his staff are absolutely amazing, from his assistant Jennifer, to his PA Sharon. I was seeing a different surgeon who I wasn't getting anywhere with. Went in for my first appointment with MRI in hand and the doctor immediately charted a course of action to correct my issues, which ended up being a 4 level fusion. Its been 3 weeks since my surgery, and I know i am on a path to full recovery. Dr Senatus is polite, friendly and willing to answer all of your questions. Sharon makes you feel like family, Both Sharon and the Doctor have an outstanding bedside manner, and will even call you back on holidays if you have a follow up question after your surgery!!! I highly recommend you visit with Dr Senatus and his team and discuss your options, they will level with you!!!

|  Great Doctor! Highly satisfied!  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

I went in for disc herniation surgery and can't tell you how pleased I am with Doctor Senatus. He was attentive to my questions and addressed them in a caring manner. He went out of his way to get me in for the procedure around my work schedule and very fast at that. I've had several surgeries in my life and none of the other doctors can compare, this doctor and the staff went out of their way to accommodate me and make me feel cared for. The outcome of my surgery was fantastic, made even better by the caring nature of Dr. Senatus. It is an important thing to trust and be comfortable with your doctors especially for such a life changing procedure. I am beyond pleased. I highly recommend him to anyone! Donald D. CT

Nov 12th, 2012

I cannot put into words how much Dr.Senatus has helped me. First operation he repaired an operation that know one else would even look at. He is a very wonderful Dr. and Human Being. I tell everyone that has a problem to talk to him. He is extremely easy to talk with and isn't happy with the easy out/repair. He wants to fix you right the first time!

Aug 21st, 2012

IWAS TREATED AS MY PROBLEM WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WAS TO BE TREATED, AND I LEFT THERE KNOWING I WOULD BE MUCH BETTER AFTER MY SURGERY, WAS SURE THE DOCTOR AND MYSELF MADE THE WRIGHT DECISION TO GO AHEAD WITH MY SURGERY

|  Great Surgeon, Better Person  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Senatus is not only a superb surgeon, obviously well trained, but is even a better person. My surgical results were excellent following my ACDF, I am back to training for triathlons, pain-free and resuming all activities. His beside manner is beyond outstanding and follow-up care is excellent.His office staff is absolutely the best. They go way above and beyond. My best example is the office manager gave me her cell phone number just in case I had issues postoperative. She also called me several times in the first 2 weeks just to be sure everything was going alright.I just received my one year follow-up and my fusion is complete and I am released unless I have any issues. Glad to have the "all clear" but have mixed emotions not seeing Dr. Senatus and his entire staff anymore. That's how good they are!

|  The Billboard  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Senatus by my Physical Therapist, Mike. My GP, Dr. Richard Orris also recommended him. I was blown away at my first visit with him. After several years of chronic pain, he gave a voice (as did Mike and Dr. Orris) to my problems and resolution was fast. I've seen his support staff, Dr. Benjamin several times since my surgery and each time I've had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Senatus, as he happened to be in the area. He stated the other day that "I'm his billboard" for the work he's done. I'm happy to be his billboard and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND his office to anyone with neurological and/or spinal issues. His Assistant Jennifer Mitchell is also top notch, very thorough and caring about the patients, ensuring you have what you need.

|  Lumbar Fusion  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Dr. Senatus performed a lumbar fusion in April after severe symptoms and debilitating pain left me unable to function. I could not work and even walking became limited. The entire staff worked quickly to wade through insurance and scheduling details to make sure that I was treated quickly. Jen, perhaps one of the most pleasant and conscientious assistants you will encounter, managed all the insurance and work leave paperwork timely and accurately. Marc guided me through the pre-op and post-op visits with great care and humor. Dr. Senatus, a blessing in my life, has a gift and manner that is rare. I am fortunate to have found this Dr. who is there to provide the care we need when we are unable to provide it for ourselves. No matter who you see in this office - you will be treated with excellence. M. Stevens

May 31st, 2012

I had a spinal fusion with Dr Senatus (at Rockville Hospital) 4 weeks ago and doing very well! Dr Senatus is kind, compassionate and really cares for his patients... He is clinically excellent and I have already referred friends and family to him for surgeries.

|  Exceptional Experience  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I am 4 weeks out of a double ACDF. I can say that I have nearly all of my range of motion back and I feel wonderful. Dr. Senatus, his PA Mark Benjamin, and their admin assistant Jennifer are all consummate professionals. They truly care for each and every patient and help them get thru a bad experience with ease; because they are passionate and caring! I can not say enough about Dr. Senatus and his expertise as a great surgeon nor can I forget about the rest of his amazing staff. Dean Giachello

|  Pain Free  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

I saw Dr. Senatus for the first time three years ago as a second opinion to another local spine doctor. I had cervical spinal stenosis from C4-C7 which the first doctor wanted to immediately operate and do a front and back fusion with plates and screws. Thank God for Dr. Senatus!!! He spent over 30min with me on my first consultation introducing his staff it was evident what an organized process they had from when I sat down until the time I left! I can say honestly each visit has not changed in terms of his time and attention with each of my visits! Marc his PA and Monique his MA worked fluently together from my conservative treatment of PT and injections for two and a half years until last month when I had an ACDF! I am PAIN FREE! In a world where good, honest, and timely/appropriate healthcare is hard to find Dr. Patrick Senatus allowed me to believe there is hope!

|  A New Life!  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2012

Dr Senatus is amazing! He gave me my life back. Before surgery I could not do anything without pain. Playing with my children was not an option, cooking dinner or sitting in the bleachers to watch my kids at their sports functions. He was professional, courteous and dealt with my back issues like the pro that he is. He was so wonderful and caring and talks to everyone on a level they can understand. My fusion went incredible and I am now able to function at work and home completely better than I could prior to surgery. I am so very grateful for Dr. Sentus. He is also a whiz at getting through the tangled mess of insurance, etc. His office staff was amazing as well. They are the most professional and courteous staff I have come into contact with during this 5 year battle with back pain.

by patient on Dec 20th, 2011

My visit was very thorough. we covered all the options for my back and foot pain. the surgery was through a 22mm tube. very non-invasive. the recovery time was about 4 days with PT recommended. the Dr. is always acccessable and is exceptionally complete in his treatment plan.

|  Performed my fusion  |  show details
by R. Lazarski Terryville, CT on Oct 14th, 2011

Dr Senatus was more than just any surgeon, he really cared about me. In fact, he changed my dressings and he was a medical fanatic about making sure I healed and had no infection risk. He also took time to sit an just talk about things other than medicine. He is what I used to have many years ago when docs paid house call. He is a brilliant surgeon and a great guy.