Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Highly recommended Doctor!!! show details Highly recommended Doctor!!!
by Tom on Jun 14th, 2015

I had spinal surgery in Oct. 2014 with another neurosurgeon for bulging/herniated disks that didn't relieve my pain and caused me more excruciating nerve pain. The entire process was totally unprofessional. I had to wait three long and painful months before I could do an MRI due to surgical swelling. During that time I was referred to Dr. Senatus by my neurologist. I called his office for an appointment and explained that I wanted an appointment with him directly since I already had prior surgery. I was accommodated without an issue, and I knew I liked Dr. Senatus within the first few minutes of meeting with him. I brought my MRI Report for him to review, but he didn't want to look at it and be biased as he told me we would review the MRI together and he would diagnose the problem himself. As he reviewed the MRI on his computer in front of me he explained in detail my issues and what he could do to help me out and he actually cared! He also scheduled me for an X-Ray to confirm an unstable lower back He was genuine, sincere, and caring at the first meeting and after surgery. I had a spinal fusion at L4, L5, and S1 with titanium inserts/bone and screws /rods on April 15th. I had two incisions, one in the lower back and one on the side(waist). The surgical process was extremely smooth and professional. Dr Senatus and his assistant Sharon visited me in the Hospital daily to check on my progress. My progress was outstanding due to one highly skilled and cable surgeon with the best "Bedside Manner" of any doctor I have encountered. I was off pain medication after a week and a half and was driving after two plus weeks(I was told 6-8 weeks before surgery). My excruciating nerve pain was gone immediately after surgery as I got up and walked the first night. I am now eight weeks removed from surgery and back riding a stationary bike and slowly gaining strength. I still have several months to go in my rehab, but I'm getting my life back thank to Dr. Senatus and his staff, and I wanted to thank him the best way I thought I could by writing this review.

THE BEST,DR. SENATUS! show details THE BEST,DR. SENATUS!
by Joy on Mar 24th, 2015

I meant to give dr. Senatus a 5 for everything. I'd give him a 10 actually. I suffered since September with another doctor. Dr. Senatus examined me and then treated my sacroiliac dysfunction. He is the most kind,intelligent and sympathetic dr I have ever seen. I work in a hospital,so I see a lot of doctors.

outstanding show details outstanding
by Jeff Palumbo on Mar 25th, 2014

Preformed brain surgery on my wife a few years ago..would absolutely recommend him to anyone.. great bedside manner explained everything to us in detail making sure we understood everything..you could tell he really cares about his patients..your not just a number that gets rushed along...very impressed with him ..If i needed surgery I would definitely want and trust him with my life

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. I pride myself on being thorough with every patient and strive to make certain all their questions and concerns are addressed before surgery. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Outstanding Care!!! show details Outstanding Care!!!
by Lisa Cyr on Mar 6th, 2014

I saw Dr Senatus after a work related injury and a failed surgey. He believed me when I walked in the door and set out to prove I was still injured. He was able to order a sitting MRI and it showed the problems the tradional MRI's didn't. I had a fusion soon after and have had unbelievable care from him and Sharon. I can't say enough about how well I feel that I have been treated by all the staff. I'm not fully healed but I know I'm on my way with him as my doctor. Don't look any further for a different doctor!!

by Mark S. on Jan 18th, 2014

I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Senatus and his staff. An amazing experience overall and the surgery he performed eliminated the problem I had for over a year.

ACDF Surgery show details ACDF Surgery
by Geoff M. on Dec 17th, 2013

Dr Senatus and his staff are absolutely amazing, from his assistant Jennifer, to his PA Sharon. I was seeing a different surgeon who I wasn't getting anywhere with. Went in for my first appointment with MRI in hand and the doctor immediately charted a course of action to correct my issues, which ended up being a 4 level fusion. Its been 3 weeks since my surgery, and I know i am on a path to full recovery. Dr Senatus is polite, friendly and willing to answer all of your questions. Sharon makes you feel like family, Both Sharon and the Doctor have an outstanding bedside manner, and will even call you back on holidays if you have a follow up question after your surgery!!! I highly recommend you visit with Dr Senatus and his team and discuss your options, they will level with you!!!

Nov 12th, 2012

I cannot put into words how much Dr.Senatus has helped me. First operation he repaired an operation that know one else would even look at. He is a very wonderful Dr. and Human Being. I tell everyone that has a problem to talk to him. He is extremely easy to talk with and isn't happy with the easy out/repair. He wants to fix you right the first time!

Aug 21st, 2012

IWAS TREATED AS MY PROBLEM WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WAS TO BE TREATED, AND I LEFT THERE KNOWING I WOULD BE MUCH BETTER AFTER MY SURGERY, WAS SURE THE DOCTOR AND MYSELF MADE THE WRIGHT DECISION TO GO AHEAD WITH MY SURGERY

Great Surgeon, Better Person show details Great Surgeon, Better Person
Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Senatus is not only a superb surgeon, obviously well trained, but is even a better person. My surgical results were excellent following my ACDF, I am back to training for triathlons, pain-free and resuming all activities. His beside manner is beyond outstanding and follow-up care is excellent.His office staff is absolutely the best. They go way above and beyond. My best example is the office manager gave me her cell phone number just in case I had issues postoperative. She also called me several times in the first 2 weeks just to be sure everything was going alright.I just received my one year follow-up and my fusion is complete and I am released unless I have any issues. Glad to have the "all clear" but have mixed emotions not seeing Dr. Senatus and his entire staff anymore. That's how good they are!

The Billboard show details The Billboard
Jul 25th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Senatus by my Physical Therapist, Mike. My GP, Dr. Richard Orris also recommended him. I was blown away at my first visit with him. After several years of chronic pain, he gave a voice (as did Mike and Dr. Orris) to my problems and resolution was fast. I've seen his support staff, Dr. Benjamin several times since my surgery and each time I've had the opportunity to speak with Dr. Senatus, as he happened to be in the area. He stated the other day that "I'm his billboard" for the work he's done. I'm happy to be his billboard and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND his office to anyone with neurological and/or spinal issues. His Assistant Jennifer Mitchell is also top notch, very thorough and caring about the patients, ensuring you have what you need.

May 31st, 2012

I had a spinal fusion with Dr Senatus (at Rockville Hospital) 4 weeks ago and doing very well! Dr Senatus is kind, compassionate and really cares for his patients... He is clinically excellent and I have already referred friends and family to him for surgeries.

Pain Free show details Pain Free
Feb 22nd, 2012

I saw Dr. Senatus for the first time three years ago as a second opinion to another local spine doctor. I had cervical spinal stenosis from C4-C7 which the first doctor wanted to immediately operate and do a front and back fusion with plates and screws. Thank God for Dr. Senatus!!! He spent over 30min with me on my first consultation introducing his staff it was evident what an organized process they had from when I sat down until the time I left! I can say honestly each visit has not changed in terms of his time and attention with each of my visits! Marc his PA and Monique his MA worked fluently together from my conservative treatment of PT and injections for two and a half years until last month when I had an ACDF! I am PAIN FREE! In a world where good, honest, and timely/appropriate healthcare is hard to find Dr. Patrick Senatus allowed me to believe there is hope!

A New Life! show details A New Life!
Feb 22nd, 2012

Dr Senatus is amazing! He gave me my life back. Before surgery I could not do anything without pain. Playing with my children was not an option, cooking dinner or sitting in the bleachers to watch my kids at their sports functions. He was professional, courteous and dealt with my back issues like the pro that he is. He was so wonderful and caring and talks to everyone on a level they can understand. My fusion went incredible and I am now able to function at work and home completely better than I could prior to surgery. I am so very grateful for Dr. Sentus. He is also a whiz at getting through the tangled mess of insurance, etc. His office staff was amazing as well. They are the most professional and courteous staff I have come into contact with during this 5 year battle with back pain.

by patient on Dec 20th, 2011

My visit was very thorough. we covered all the options for my back and foot pain. the surgery was through a 22mm tube. very non-invasive. the recovery time was about 4 days with PT recommended. the Dr. is always acccessable and is exceptionally complete in his treatment plan.

Performed my fusion show details Performed my fusion
by R. Lazarski Terryville, CT on Oct 14th, 2011

Dr Senatus was more than just any surgeon, he really cared about me. In fact, he changed my dressings and he was a medical fanatic about making sure I healed and had no infection risk. He also took time to sit an just talk about things other than medicine. He is what I used to have many years ago when docs paid house call. He is a brilliant surgeon and a great guy.