Dr. Patrick Troy MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Hartford, CT

4.9

October 4th, 2016
Extraordinary doctor
Dr. Troy is one of the few doctors I've found (and trust me, I've been to a great many) who will have an open, intelligent dialogue about your care rather than dictating it to you. He is willing to review and discuss scientific research and relate it to your health issues. Part of a doctor's job is to think like a scientist so this is important to me. I've encountered far too many doctors who are decades behind on current medical research and refuse to learn and grow. He also understands that treatment can be quite individualized and will not give up on you if your case is difficult. I see him for sleep issues, not pulmonary, which is even trickier since sleep medicine is a relatively newer discipline with a large variance of competence between doctors. Not only is he brilliant, but he is a great guy, and even if I were miraculously cured tomorrow I'd still keep in touch with him. I can't recommend him enough.

September 27th, 2016
Recommendation - Starling Medical Group: Dr. Patrick Troy
Dr. Patrick Troy of the Starling Medical Group is an impressive doctor worthy of a positive review. I highly recommend him for his professionalism, promptness, knowledge base, and his bed side manner. Dr. Troy works in several locations in the Greater Hartford area. My father and I have seen him in different settings. I used the Vitals.com site to research some of Dr. Troy's background. His academic pedigree is impressive: St. Joseph's, Georgetown, UCONN, John Hopkins, the Harvard system. He is Board Certified four times over. I believe his training in critical care is what helped my father and family get though my father's complex illness. He accurately put the pieces together before other doctors could. I am very grateful, and will always remember, how he spoke to my father, and my family, during this frustrating, bleak, and scary time. His bed side manner was key to moving our spirit. He was honest, clinical, but compassionate. He also went above and beyond to communicate. Personally, he has advised me about my medical conditions, again, with great accuracy. His theories turned out correct over other the doctors that I have seen. I am sincerely impressed on his range of knowledge. I think the Starling Group is top-notch and they recruit the best. Dr. Troy is a true professional who will find a way to get you where you need to be health-wise.

December 8th, 2015
The Best!!
I consider myself very lucky to have a doctor like Dr. Troy. He is compassionate and kind and shows a true interest in me and my health condition. I always leave my appointment with a clear understanding of my assessment , my treatment plan and the expectations. It can be very trying when you're worried about your health but having a doctor like Patrick Troy in your corner makes the battle a heck of a lot easier.

June 17th, 2015
Dr. Patrick Troy-Outstanding Pulmonologist
Dr. Troy has been my pulmonologist for more than four years and has treated me for asthma and bronchiectasis. He has been an extraordinary pulmonologist and a very caring doctor who has been interested in my entire well being. He is highly competent and very intelligent. In the past, it was necessary for me to have yearly bronchoscopies in the hospital to clear my lungs. However, because of Dr. Troy’s healthcare management, I have not had to undergo a bronchoscopy for the last two years. Because Dr. Troy was committed to diagnosing the underlying causes of my condition, he assembled a team of other professionals to examine me (ENT specialist and an Allergist). His contact with this team was so frequent that he even texted one of the doctors while I was in the office! Dr. Troy spends a lot of time with me at each visit listening intently. However, he also discusses many preventive measures and has informed me of current medical research and practices as they relate to my condition. For example, several years ago Dr. Troy was instrumental in getting me a therapy airway clearance vest to clear my lungs more effectively which helped immensely. He is so easy to talk to and is very responsive. He has even called me during his off hours. Dr. Troy is uniquely talented and compassionate. I highly recommend Dr. Troy to anyone in need of a pulmonologist in the greater Hartford area.

June 9th, 2015
I began working with dr. troy several years ago for a very hard to treat form of central sleep apnea, that I most likely developed as a result of a brain injury. dr. troy has gone above and beyond the call of duty. as a result, the sleep studies that he periodically sends me for, have gotten better and better each time. he is compassionate, very knowledgeable in pulmonary sleep medicine, and listens intently when I describe the symptoms that I am experiencing. I would not hesitate to recommend this physician to anyone having any type of sleep or pulmonary issues.

June 4th, 2015
Dr. Troy - a great doc
Dr. Troy has been my pulmonologist for two and a half years. I have a long standing history of pulmonary health issues, including COPD, asthma and sleep apnea which Dr. Troy has been treating me for. This past year I was hospitalized and Dr. Troy went above and beyond the call of duty during my hospital stay. He was there for me every step of the way, even coming back into the hospital in the late evening when their was an emergency and I needed his help. He has just the right amount of humor and compassion that makes it easy for patients and families to talk to him. He is extremely intelligent, however, does not talk over patients heads and was very sensitive to my needs. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an outstanding pulmonologist in the Hartford area.

April 3rd, 2015
patients daughter
Dr.troy does put the patient first. he has taken excellent care of my mom , he never rushes ,he takes time to really listen to you. i would send others to see him. He allways tells us to call with any problems or conserns. I bring my mom to every app. I have talked to dr. troy about moms care at every visit.

March 30th, 2015
My Pulmonologist Dr. Patrick Troy
I'm so grateful to be one of Dr. Troy's patients. I have occupational asthma & most recently was sent for an IME ( independent medical exam) @ Yale New Haven. The specialist that I saw was in agreement with Dr. Troy's treatment plan on all levels. When I'm having trouble with my occ asthma, it is easy to get an appointment with Dr. Troy after speaking to his triage team. Dr. Troy's office runs on time & if there is a medical emergency that Dr. is addressing with another patient, he has his medical assistant let you know of the time-span for him to see you. You can be assured that Dr. Troy will always take the needed time that is needed for your care. I have never felt rushed through any of my appointments. If you or a loved one is in need of a Pulmonologist look no further simply said Dr. Troy is the best!

March 14th, 2014
Sleep Apnea, COPD
I was very impressed by Dr. Troy and the entire staff. They want to get you better. He takes thorough notes, and checks to make sure the prescribed treatment is working. He is very friendly, very knowledgeable, and professional. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

October 25th, 2013
Excellent
I received excellent care from Dr. Troy. He was very patient and kind. He spent a lot of time with me explaining my diagnosis and treatment plan. I would recommend him to others.

April 16th, 2012
BEST PULMONOLOGIST IN CT
I've had a couple of highly rated pulmonologists on this list... and honestly... it isn't even close. Dr. Troy has a phenomenal sense of hum ...